Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's the one. Thanks swedie. Well that doesn't shed much light into her COD either. But I'm sure because WM was alive, and she had at least one living relative, that there was a proper funeral for her and that no foul play was suspected in her death. I can imagine that WM would have inquired as to the COD if she passed suddenly and she was cancer free at the time.

MOO

A "proper" funeral does not mean that the death was necessarily a natural one. WM was alive when she died but he may not have understood the circumstances around her death. We have no information regarding her demise. Maybe he still hadn't understood the lengths to which his son would go?

The brother lives in the US and it sounds like he came up for occasional visits. (Not particularly close.) He sounds a bit "removed" to be making comments about their drinking when asked about her…An "arms length" comment given that no one asked if they drank.

moo

We have to remember that back when WM "committed suicide" DM certainly was not a murder suspect (like he is now) .... he would only be seen as the son of the deceased .

LE may have had some suspicions about the death back then , maybe did a bit of checking to see if WM had enemies etc , nothing likely surfaced , so they just went along with the suicide angle ... but never really closed the file ... and now they realize the murderer was right under their nose they can make the pieces fit enough to lay charges..

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/4459607-dellen-millard-now-charged-in-deaths-of-his-father-and-missing-woman/

No wonder DM kept WM's death on the down low. Planning a marriage and a grand opening, that it a lot of party time for someone so "depressed" that they are suicidal.

WM marrying someone would mean WM could add his wife into his will. DM may not have been the only "heir" or name associated with any of the Millardair assets and properties. JMO

A "proper" funeral does not mean that the death was necessarily a natural one. WM was alive when she died but he may not have understood the circumstances around her death. We have no information regarding her demise. Maybe he still hadn't understood the lengths to which his son would go?

The brother lives in the US and it sounds like he came up for occasional visits. (Not particularly close.) He sounds a bit "removed" to be making comments about their drinking when asked about her…An "arms length" comment given that no one asked if they drank.

moo

Perhaps it's naïve of me to consider that when a person dies suddenly or unexpectedly and has no underlying health conditions that are being monitored by a family physician, that a coroner would call for an autopsy?

I guess what we can discount is that she was also found with a gunshot wound or some other bodily trauma or overdose and that her COD was listed as suicide? Or can we? This is a woman who had cancer at some point and was also a drinker according to her brother. More reasons to assume a suicide may have been possible in her case? Now I am curious about her COD.

And what happened to the woman that WM supposedly announced that he was going to marry just prior to his death? Don't recall ever hearing of her and she certainly didn't make it into his obit. She probably was the only one who didn't believe the "suicide" story but was too scared to press anyone on it and just got the heck out of dodge.

:scared:

Curious that EMG died May 19 2009 but her obituary in the Toronto Star wasn't until June 4 2011.

Not a single condolence in the guest book, and also some strange wording in that obit ... "she followed closely their growing-up achievements":

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=elizabeth-mary-glass&pid=151480289

ETA: I can't recall if it was discussed before, but if EG's brother SG used to visit WM and EG, it's odd that the obit is indicating folks should contact the WM/DM tel number as there are photos and momentos that should be "passed on within the family". What about just calling SG to get info on family members?

Curious that EMG died May 19 2009 but her obituary in the Toronto Star wasn't until June 4 2011.

Not a single condolence in the guest book, and also some strange wording in that obit ... "she followed closely their growing-up achievements":

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=elizabeth-mary-glass&pid=151480289

ETA: I can't recall if it was discussed before, but if EG's brother SG used to visit WM and EG, it's odd that the obit is indicating folks should contact the WM/DM tel number as there are photos and momentos that should be "passed on within the family". What about just calling SG to get info on family members?

It reads like it was written by someone whose first language isn't English. JMO

Yes, I wonder if EG's brother knows who wrote the obit? No offence to the family if it was one of their own but is very strange. JMO

I think DM waited until his dad was drunk when he did it. JMO

I don't know why but I assumed that it might come out that DM paid someone to commit the act on his behalf rather than do the act himself.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I have been thinking the same thing too ..... wait until he is slumped over at a table or something .... I have even considered he waited till WM was deep into the drink and depression , then handed him a popper and said .... here 'ya go ... put yerself out of yer misery

It wouldnt be the first "assisted suicide" to occur during a drug or alcohol induced situation.

Let me just toss another deceased person into the mix I've already pondered DM may have done away with. I did mention it way, way, back but got no rave reviews...no doubt. Carl.

Had Carl's will been made out to leave any worthy assets to DM? We figured Carl had left his estate to WM, but are we certain? Without going back and rereading old posts, does anyone recall if anything was left solely to DM? If DM knew he was the beneficiary of his grandfather's will, that may just be reason enough to "snuff" out his life. IIRC wasn't Carl still living at home with WM and DM at the time of his death? Have we ever learnt his COD? I guess being all of 93 years of age, no one would question COD to wake up one morning and find grampa gone kwim. Did DM have anything to gain, or hoped to gain by Carl being out of the picture? It may sound like grasping at straws or far fetched but in MHO, if someone is sick enough to snuff out their own father with a gunshot to the head, and disturbed enough to murder and then incinerator human bodies, they may be sick enough to suffocate their grandfather in his sleep for financial gain.

This sort of case totally scares the carp out of me when I consider how many people who could have fallen victim or maybe did to these psychos. I know they haven't had their days in court yet but this case just reeks of too many coincidences especially where DM is concerned and they all point to DM being guilty of at least three murders. There is no way in heck LE have made errors in their investigation after almost a year, to now lay additional charges. I believe they now know exactly what happened to sweet Laura. The clincher is all too telling when they also included MS in her murder. That to me speak volumes loud and clear.

I believe LE still have much more work to do, I don't think we've heard the end of charges and I don't think the pretrial will be happening in September. But that is just what I think, JMHO.

Interesting write up/obit about Carl. But nothing which might indicate COD. Would be interesting to know who wrote this...Wayne? Who else would have known all this information about Carl? Kind of creepy to know his son Wayne was murdered the day after, what would have been his 99th birthday. Wonder if DM had that date in mind?? RIP Carl.
https://www.ogs.on.ca/ogspi/2006/06mil003.htm

Swedie:

I do not think that it was ''accidental'' in terms of the date of WM's demise either....in fact that's a good enough reason from my point of view to raise a glass in honor of dearly departed dear old dad (CM)...and the ingrate grandson seized the opportunity to off dear old dad (DM)...

Re the obit.....it is more than rude that the fiancée was not even mentioned in the obit...clearly underscoring that DM is the center of his universe....all about him doncha know

my secret wish is that the fiancée of the late DM is a surprise Crown witness

Had Carl's will been made out to leave any worthy assets to DM? We figured Carl had left his estate to WM, but are we certain? Without going back and rereading old posts, does anyone recall if anything was left solely to DM? If DM knew he was the beneficiary of his grandfather's will, that may just be reason enough to "snuff" out his life. IIRC wasn't Carl still living at home with WM and DM at the time of his death? Have we ever learnt his COD? I guess being all of 93 years of age, no one would question COD to wake up one morning and find grampa gone kwim. Did DM have anything to gain, or hoped to gain by Carl being out of the picture? It may sound like grasping at straws or far fetched but in MHO, if someone is sick enough to snuff out their own father with a gunshot to the head, and disturbed enough to murder and then incinerator human bodies, they may be sick enough to suffocate their grandfather in his sleep for financial gain.

<rsbm>

CM had a home of his own on Derry Rd W. He died during a stay in hospital (Credit Valley). I think he died of being 93 years old.

CM's assets included the Toronto hangars ($1.4M) Derry Rd Address ($800k) the Etobicoke bungalow ($1M) and I believe Riverside Rd was in the family for a while before it was passed to DM ($4.1M).

CM died Nov 21 2006
WM died Nov 29 2012

Still pondering this and wondering why the girlfriend of a wealthy man with lots of contacts and business associates would not have had a proper obituary in the paper announcing a funeral service at the time of her death. Or did she and we can't find it? Would WM not have seen to it that she had this? Were was she interred? The only time I've seen such secrecy over a death is when the person did commit suicide. That can't be possible in this case as well can it?

MOO

Still pondering this and wondering why the girlfriend of a wealthy man with lots of contacts and business associates would not have had a proper obituary in the paper announcing a funeral service at the time of her death. Or did she and we can't find it? Would WM not have seen to it that she had this? Were was she interred? The only time I've seen such secrecy over a death is when the person did commit suicide. That can't be possible in this case as well can it?

MOO

and there's the little matter of the ''foundation'' too......((just checked CCRA site and foundation has lost status due to failure to file))

<rsbm>

CM had a home of his own on Derry Rd W. He died during a stay in hospital (Credit Valley). I think he died of being 93 years old.

CM's assets included the Toronto hangars ($1.4M) Derry Rd Address ($800k) the Etobicoke bungalow ($1M) and I believe Riverside Rd was in the family for a while before it was passed to DM ($4.1M).

CM died Nov 21 2006
WM died Nov 29 2012

Thanks SD. CM's birthday was November 28th. He passed away a week shy of his 93 birthday and WM was allegedly murdered the day before what would have been CM's 99th birthday. There are so many dependencies as to WM's date of death. Someone called 22 division on the 29th of November to report finding him deceased, but could it be a possibility he had actually been allegedly murdered days prior and that someone just happened to find him on the eve of November 29th? Where was DM during that week? Vacationing out of the country? Did he hire someone to murder his father? If so, there may be more charges to come. Maybe LE haven't got that far yet. I think we've been down this road before but I'm not sure whether we did figure it out with certainty. And who was that someone who found WM and call police? Anyone recall?

If I recall correctly there was no identification of the person who made the telephone call to LE.....(from Toronto Police presser last year) police declined to identify caller.:tantrum:

aha found it!!

May 5 2013 presser (my post)

During yesterday's 2:30 pm presser re LB - Det Carbone fielded questions and acknowledged that there was a 911 call from WM's res (about 7:30 pm iirc) but Carbone refused to answer who made the call

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69
Back