Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A long time ago when we were reading the aviation blog/boards there was mention there as well as a fiancée too....but given that it was a blog we couldn't cite it here

MB was still on the board for the family company, so I can't imagine that they were so estranged that she wouldn't know what happened to WM's remains. Regardless, I don't understand why it would matter. LE already attended the scene, the coroner had the body for an autopsy and released it to the family. They know what killed him. Why would they even be looking for his cremains?

JMO

Maybe since DM was incinerating his victims, he will say that he scattered his fathers ashes around the farm? Can you do DNA testing on cremated remains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe since DM was incinerating his victims, he will say that he scattered his fathers ashes around the farm? Can you do DNA testing on cremated remains?

Maybe I'm a little confused. What would they be looking for in DNA testing from his ashes? I guess the family can do what they want with the cremains when they're returned to them. What I find unacceptable is that LE didn't seem to check the registration of the gun at the time, or check to be sure the bullet came from the same gun that was found at the scene. I would have thought that would be normal procedure in a sudden death incident.

JMO

Thanks, bessie! I will be glad not to stumble onto any MWJ posts. That dude freaks me right out! He's scary!

Maybe I'm a little confused. What would they be looking for in DNA testing from his ashes? I guess the family can do what they want with the cremains when they're returned to them. What I find unacceptable is that LE didn't seem to check the registration of the gun at the time, or check to be sure the bullet came from the same gun that was found at the scene. I would have thought that would be normal procedure in a sudden death incident.

JMO

Sorry, what I was wondering is whether incinerated body remains can be identified? If DM scattered his fathers ashes on the farm, would LE be able to distinguish between those and the remains of other victims incinerated in DMs home oven?

Sorry, what I was wondering is whether incinerated body remains can be identified? If DM scattered his fathers ashes on the farm, would LE be able to distinguish between those and the remains of other victims incinerated in DMs home oven?

Thanks, Andrew, I was confused. From anything I've found, although it's possible, it's unlikely due to contamination. Of course, that could depend on how well the home oven worked.

We found that stable isotope analysis of the tested light elements in bone is only possible up to a heat exposure of 300°C while the isotopic signal from strontium remains unaltered even in bones exposed to very high temperatures. DNA-analyses seem theoretically possible up to a heat exposure of 600°C but can not be advised in every case because of the increased risk of contamination.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20609539

This study shows that even though the extraction and subsequent STR typing of DNA from the ashes of a cremated person is possible and in some cases does yield reproducible results, a reliable post-cremation identification seems to be unlikely. The genetic profiles obtained from the remains after the burning of a corpse did in no case match the alleles from buccal swabs taken prior to cremation and have to be regarded as contaminations. Since the profiles did also not match those of the lab personnel, the remains are probably contaminated during post-cremation processing (i.e. handling of the ashes, grinding of bones, etc.). As a consequence, STR typing of cremation remains has to be considered unreliable and not suitable for forensic purposes (e.g. identification, paternity testing).

http://www.isfg.org/files/08b8e97c1d120daa1b8997f0ba2b49c6f0961e22.03018302_436117257749.pdf

It's interesting that Madeline B was there as well as MS - the night that WM died. This changes things significantly.

moo

It's interesting that Madeline B was there as well as MS - the night that WM died. This changes things significantly.

moo
MB was just Dm's ex wasn't she? I haven't heard much of anything about her other than that - they broken up a while back at the time of WM's death but what do you think it changes?

MB was just Dm's ex wasn't she? I haven't heard much of anything about her other than that - they broken up a while back at the time of WM's death but what do you think it changes?

Just for the record MuhGruff ..

MB is Dellen Millard's mother (Wayne's ex-wife). MB and WM split in/around 2002/2003

MB is Dellen Millard's mother (Wayne's ex-wife). MB and WM split in/around 2002/2003

And I believe, according to the engagement photo shoot posted on AB's site, that DM's ex fiancee was named JS.

oops I knew that, I was too tired to post. :S

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that DM's ex was there the night WM died along with DM and MS. where is the news that MB was there prior to LE and emergency?

oops I knew that, I was too tired to post. :S

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that DM's ex was there the night WM died along with DM and MS. where is the news that MB was there prior to LE and emergency?

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban."

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...tigation-into-the-death-of-wayne-millard.html

So I have to think that his mother will be a witness in this case as well for the death of Tim Bosma (truck on her property). Also Dellen's ex-fiancee will be a witness since both she and his mother were present when Wayne's body was found. Is Dellen's mother on the do not contact list even though he must have communicated with her for all of the sales of his properties while he was in jail?

I hope that the weird obituary for Elizabeth Mary G (May 19, 2009) with mention of "Chico" the pony doesn't get forgotten. That obituary was as weird as Wayne's!

moo

ETA - Was there a separate thread for that? I've also searched for past discussions regarding DM's search for DNA relatives on ancestry dot com but can't seem to find them either...

So I have to think that his mother will be a witness in this case as well for the death of Tim Bosma (truck on her property). Also Dellen's ex-fiancee will be a witness since both she and his mother were present when Wayne's body was found. Is Dellen's mother on the do not contact list even though he must have communicated with her for all of the sales of his properties while he was in jail?
MB has POA for DM, so there doesn't necessarily have to be any communication-it really depends on the scope of the POA. Of course, if he can't have contact with her then he may want to retract the POA and give it to someone like his lawyer, but, it's a bit too late! IMHO, since most of the real estate is sold, that may no longer be an issue and since she's listed on Millardair, she should be in full control there regardless. MOO

I hope that the weird obituary for Elizabeth Mary G (May 19, 2009) with mention of "Chico" the pony doesn't get forgotten. That obituary was as weird as Wayne's!

moo

ETA - Was there a separate thread for that? I've also searched for past discussions regarding DM's search for DNA relatives on ancestry dot com but can't seem to find them either...
Totally agree PP. Here's a bit of a refresher for that one! Posted in the Globe & Mail on June 4th, 2011. I've spent many an hour speculating about "Chico" !!! :panic: MOO

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20110604.93266289/BDAStory/BDA/deaths

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back