Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 26s26 seconds ago
Fair to say in these photos that the home definitely looks cluttered -- though not filthy. It's also kind of utilitarian -- all of the beds look like simple mattresses and box springs. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 25s25 seconds ago
More photos now from various rooms in Wayne #Millard’s home.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 28s28 seconds ago
Still on a tour of Dellen & Wayne #Millard home on Maple Gate. Looks similar to photos we saw during #Bosma and #Babcock trials.

From the EMT's testimony, I was picturing WM laying on his back in bed (EMT said he was "laying flat in his bed" with dried blood/vomit from the mouth/nose).

The current witness says (and photos show) WM was on side with blood dripping from head. Is it possible someone moved the body before this officer arrived?

From the EMT's testimony, I was picturing WM laying on his back in bed (EMT said he was "laying flat in his bed" with dried blood/vomit from the mouth/nose).

The current witness says (and photos show) WM was on side with blood dripping from head. Is it possible someone moved the body before this officer arrived?

My guess would be the coroner moved the body to look for cause of death?

I know the TPS have fumbled a lot in these cases but would they really move the body in any manner, prior to documenting it (especially when deemed to be deceased)? Any experts care to chime in?

And wasn't he killed with a bullet wound to the eye? I'm surprised the paramedic didn't note that - nevermind the blood dripping from his mouth, this clearly wasn't cardiac arrest. I'm a little confused at the testimony.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17m17 minutes ago
Court is now back in session. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 16m16 minutes ago
Back from break & looking at more photos of the #Millard home at 5 Maple Gate Court.

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 16m16 minutes ago
Back from recess. PC Johnston going through more photos from inside Wayne #Millard’s house.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 16m16 minutes ago
Millard trial crown now entering crime scene photos from Millard’s Etobicoke home through forensic officer Jeffrey Johnston.
DejH0rNWAAAltAo.jpg

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16m16 minutes ago
We're back into crime scene photos -- still taking a kind of "virtual tour" through Millard's home. I'll point out any that stand out. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 14m14 minutes ago
The basement at #Millard's home has black walls and black and red sofas facing screens. A table is covered with snacks "and possibly some beer items as well," Johnston describes. A long black and white bar at one side.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 12m12 minutes ago
The basement also has a bright red hallway which leads to several other rooms. #Millard.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
We're now seeing photos of Wayne Millard's body again. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
His room is cluttered, as is his bed -- there appears to be random items next to him on the bed. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 10m10 minutes ago
Court now seeing more pictures of Wayne #Millard’s body in his bed from different angles and distances. Dried blood dripping from his left eye down the side of his mattress.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 10m10 minutes ago
Now looking at different angles of Wayne #Millard's body. You can see blood running down the side of the white sheets. It looks like he's sleeping, his hands tucked under his face on the pillow.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
More photos of Wayne Millard. He appears to be wearing black shorts and a white undershirt. Blood is flowing out of his face and onto the bed. Millard is looking up at the photo of his father. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 9m9 minutes ago
Dellen #Millard doesn't show any emotion at these pictures of his dead father.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Millard is lying on his left side. His right arm is underneath his head, while his left arm is hanging out over the edge of the bed. Almost looks like a person would when they're sleeping. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
There's a black mark that looks kind of like soot on Millard's pillow. We're seeing him close up now -- his skin appears to be quite dark. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 8m8 minutes ago
A close view of Wayne #Millard's face shows a lot more blood, and a black sooty mark on his pillow. His left eye, next to the pillow, looks like a dark hole. Blood comes from his nose.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Millard is alternating between taking notes on his computer and looking up to see photos of his father's corpse. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
We're now seeing a close up of Wayne Millard's left hand. There's blood on the palm and forearm. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 6m6 minutes ago
You can see the discolouration in Wayne #Millard's skin, as noted by the paramedic earlier. There's a close up view of the sooty mark beside Wayne's head. Wayne's bloody left hand stretches away from his body, toward his dresser and the gun on the floor.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Now we're seeing photos of the black bag on the floor by the bed. I can't see the gun, though. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Court has now seen probably about a dozen different police photos of Wayne #Millard lying dead in his bed. Pictures now focusing on the black bag beside his bed where the revolver was found.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 3m3 minutes ago
Black bag on the floor is also bloody. On top of the bag the wood-handled revolver peeks out. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
No seeing another photo with the bag slightly opened -- you can see the revolver's wooden handle. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
We see revolver now, plopped stop the black Lulu Lemon reusable shopping bag. It has a bright wooden handle, black metal. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 57s58 seconds ago
Johnston says he handled the gun with gloves on, to check to see if it was loaded. It was. It was a six-shot revolver. They took photos, and then the cartridges were taken out. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 49s50 seconds ago
Johnston says from there he investigated the gun. Says it was loaded. Put it in a “safe” position by photographing it and then emptying the revolver of bullets and casings. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 1m1 minute ago
Johnston checked the gun to make it safe. He could see there were cartridges in the revolver. He opened the cylinder & noticed it was a six-shot revolver. He removed the remaining cartridges & zip-tied the firearm open so it couldn't be fired. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 51s52 seconds ago
Johnston says the gun was a 32-calibre six-shot revolver. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 38s39 seconds ago
Johnston says he placed the gun in a box. It was a .32 calibre, 6-shot revolver. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 16s17 seconds ago
It was a 32-calibre six-shot revolver, Johnston says. He brought the gun with him. He's taking it out of an evidence box to show the court. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s17 seconds ago
We're now seeing the gun that was taken from the scene, in court. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Johnston is now holding it up, with gloves on: the gun police say was used to kill Wayne Millard. Dellen is looking up at it. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Johnston has the box in front of him in the courtroom now. He puts on blue latex gloves and proceeds to open the box, holding the weapon in the air for court to see. #Millard

The gun has been examined several times, he says. #millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 2m2 minutes ago
Johnston holds up the gun wearing blue gloves. It's still zip-tied and has no bullets. It's a different zip tie because the gun has gone through tests. Police put zip ties on the guns to make them safe, Johnston explains. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now we're going back to the photos. They are photos of the gun, from the scene. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Gun is actually dark silver/Chrome, not black metal. #Millard

The testimony is very confusing if indeed the photograph also shows his hands tucked under his face on the pillow. I can’t think of one reason why someone after the fact would position the body to look like he was sleeping, given a suicide was suspected.

4m
@LisaHepfnerCHCH
Now looking at different angles of Wayne #Millard's body. You can see blood running down the side of the white sheets. It looks like he's sleeping, his hands tucked under his face on the pillow.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 56s57 seconds ago
In photos taken at the scene, of the bullets of the gun, you can tell that one bullet has a depression in the middle. That's the end of the photos, crown Ken Lockhart says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s44 seconds ago
Johnston said he helped prepare Millard's body for transportation to the morgue. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 15s15 seconds ago
Johnston says there were three different medications found in the room: Tylenol 2, percocet and baclofen. #Millard

Liam Casey‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey 53s53 seconds ago
From the first witness at Dellen Millard's latest murder trial: Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend's birthday before death, trial hears
Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend's birthday before death, trial hears

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s34 seconds ago
The Tylenol and percocet are painkillers. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 23s24 seconds ago
Johnston saw medication on the dresser in Wayne #Millard's room: Tylenol 2, Percocet, & Baclofen (muscle relaxant.) All (pain-related) prescriptions written for Wayne Millard.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
He says police were at the scene until the early morning, for about five hours. #Millard

Johnston took a "swab" of the gun to collect any potential evidence. "A long stick with a cotton end" that gets put into a sterile tube after evidence collected. He swabbed the gun grip on both sides. #Millard "

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Johnston is now talking about taking a swab of the gun. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Now taking a five minute break for the lawyers to discuss how deeply they need to go into continuity evidence here -- basically, how the gun got from point a to point b, what was done to it, etc. #Millard

Court now back in session. We're now moving forward with questions about continuity. #Millard

Crown is now going through the police procedure Johnston followed at the Wayne #Millard scene wrt seizing the gun; establishing continuity of the evidence, that it was properly collected and protected.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 37s37 seconds ago
Anyone who has followed these trials know continuity evidence is pretty dry. It's basically an officer saying "here's how I held this, here'd where I got the gloves I used when I held it, here's how I put a zip tie on it, here's where it went." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 37s37 seconds ago
Anyone who has followed these trials know continuity evidence is pretty dry. It's basically an officer saying "here's how I held this, here'd where I got the gloves I used when I held it, here's how I put a zip tie on it, here's where it went." #Millard

Except in the TB trial when we heard about the trailer doors flying open after they had been sealed by police for continuity, while they were towing it to a second location (and the mysterious and much-speculated-about box that flew out and was never recovered).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214