Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least she didn't answer with a tedious recital of "I don't remember" and "I don't know".

That would actually be better than letting the defense confuse her and having her answer incorrectly. Because it's pretty important as to which phone he had with him that night. She claims that DM himself, acting as his own defense lawyer, did that regarding the various guns in the last trial and then RP muddied the waters again in this one. Better to just say I'm not sure than to agree with a defense attorney. :p

MOO

If it was the burner phone, he probably didn't turn it off. It only pings when an event occurs like a call, text or data search. No one would have been calling or texting him on a burner phone. Since RB testified to a phone number that was not DM's IPhone, I'd say MM was incorrect about the phone that was left behind as well. I'm very wary of any of her testimony about that night. Unless he actually had 3 phones and kept his IPhone off.

MOO

I’m very wary of MMs testimony about that night as well. What was interesting about her “present for my birthday” comment, if true, was the Samsung must’ve appeared very new and shiny to her. Indeed DM could’ve also have more phones with him that she wasn’t aware of. The agreed upon cellphone documents admitted into evidence make the cellphone source of those pings that night somewhat of a mystery, for now.

I tried looking up all the phones and numbers used by DM, this 7151 number isn’t coming up in any of the TB or LB trials. How many phones did this guy have?! Geesh!

Anyone else have any luck?

It’s Obviously one of DM’s phones connected with WM case (called RB and cab) just so it’s clear that I do know this lol

Marlena and Smith walked him to the store so he wouldn't get lost. ????? Which store was it and did DM have a habit of getting lost? So ridiculous.

Seems ridiculous but that is certainly what she testified to:
Meneses says she gave Millard a blanket and pillow and he "crashed on the floor beside us." She also says she and Smich walked Millard to the store that night so "he wouldn't get lost."

Don’t forget, he carried his cell around with him. He just turned it off thinking it wouldn’t be tracked. This is all part of what got him busted. We are not dealin with smart people here lol

I thought he left his regular phone at the Smich house so "he" (actually MS or MM) could use it to order the pizza, and there would be a record of the call to the Pizza place as well as the use of his credit card.

Although, I do remember that he was stupid enough to take his regular phone along with the burner phone, so they were both pinging in unison the day he went to steal TB's vehicle.

So what was the reason for walking him to the store then? Smoke up and plan through what was about to happen? Who let DM back into Smich's mom's house early that morning? Someone was up to receive him or he just walked right inside.

I doubt that there was a three way discussion en route to the convenience store about what DM's was planning to do....I think she was in the dark about it.

Jun 7 2018 10:32 AM
Meneses says she gave Millard a blanket and pillow and he "crashed on the floor beside us." She also says she and Smich walked Millard to the store that night so "he wouldn't get lost." BBM

Last edited:
I tried looking up all the phones and numbers used by DM, this 7151 number isn’t coming up in any of the TB or LB trials. How many phones did this guy have?! Geesh!

It’s Obviously one of DM’s phones connected with WM case (called RB and cab) just so it’s clear that I do know this lol

Hopefully, below may just be the reporter’s interpretation of trial proceedings:

“........Usually, phone records like those submitted Friday by the Crown would be read out and explained in court, for the benefit of a jury. But because this trial is before a judge alone — and the defence isn't contesting the records — they were entered as an agreed statement of fact.

Millard had 2 phones, Crown says

Meneses also testified that Millard left for several hours, saying he was "going on a date," before returning to Smich's home to sleep. Meneses did not specify the exact date this happened.

She also testified that Millard left one of his phones at Smich's home the night he slept there.

According to the court documents, one of the phones allegedly belonging to Millard calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home. That same phone then later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home in Etobicoke at 6:11 a.m......”
Phone records place Dellen Millard at father's home the day he died, Crown says | CBC News

BBM
Because if not, why would a defence attorney intentionally elicit additional testimony from a prosecution witness regarding one of the two phones, thereby connecting incriminating cellphone pings directly to his client and the murder scene?

Absolutely, that's why he had to procure his own collection illegally from a gangsta wannabe.

MOO
I thought somebody had posted a text from 2013 between DM and MS indicating that Maple Gate had been robbed and DM seemed to be expressing concern that guns had been stolen. I commented about the weapons being surrendered in 2010 to highlight that you'd think that DM, by the time 2013 rolled around, would have known that his father's guns were long gone and not just stolen in a B&E. Sorry if I'm missing something...

Seems ridiculous but that is certainly what she testified to:
Meneses says she gave Millard a blanket and pillow and he "crashed on the floor beside us." She also says she and Smich walked Millard to the store that night so "he wouldn't get lost."

Maybe she was really confused and was referring to Pedo.

THREE PHONES!
Adam Carter says there were 3 phones involved! This is getting too complicated - we need to get numbers and type of phone, so we can keep things straight :)

======
(from: Adam Carter CBC)
Lockhart is breezing through this -- we're dealing with three phones here so far, but he hasn't alleged exactly who was using these phones, or to where. I expect a witness will actually go through this evidence at a later date. #Millard
7:08 AM - 8 Jun 2018

I thought somebody had posted a text from 2013 between DM and MS indicating that Maple Gate had been robbed and DM seemed to be expressing concern that guns had been stolen. I commented about the weapons being surrendered in 2010 to highlight that you'd think that DM, by the time 2013 rolled around, would have known that his father's guns were long gone and not just stolen in a B&E. Sorry if I'm missing something...

I could be wrong, but I thought that (Jan 2013?) was the date that the border guard supposedly checked his phone, and may not be the actual date of the email. There was a message here recently stating this, but I can't find it now.

FWIW, the burner phone in the TB trial was a flip phone. So I don't think we're dealing with the same burner phone.

MOO

THREE PHONES!
Adam Carter says there were 3 phones involved! This is getting too complicated - we need to get numbers and type of phone, so we can keep things straight :)

======
(from: Adam Carter CBC)
Lockhart is breezing through this -- we're dealing with three phones here so far, but he hasn't alleged exactly who was using these phones, or to where. I expect a witness will actually go through this evidence at a later date. #Millard
7:08 AM - 8 Jun 2018

The third phone belonged to the cab driver. Crown is only alleging 2 phones belonging to DM.

MOO

He also told LW the real estate lady he had a break in. Maybe people not "in the know" were wondering where the "old style" gun went? Maybe DM had told people his Dad had his own guns and had to come up with a reason why they were missing if anyone was asking to see them. Maybe DM is just a big old liar.

MOO

Who knows whether or not MM really believes the "date" story. I think it more likely she was told DM was "going on a mission" but thinks "date" makes her seem less knowledgeable.

I don't think Smich would have told her that DM was off to kill his father and would be back later, but I think the "date" thing was rubbish. Why would he leave his vehicle and phone at the Smich house along with his credit card if he was just going on a date.

Remember Smich's last words to her, as he was being arrested in the TB case, were "don't tell them anything" so he knew that she knows stuff about their activities. I believe she is more or less telling the truth now, but knows more than she is letting on, because she has to tread carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3