Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read what I wrote, I said I thought he had a right to his indignation. At the same time, after already testifying at two other trials where he was admonished for sharing information that could jeopardize the outcome of the trial, I would think he would understand the purpose for which he was there.
I have to admit that when I read your post, I got the impression that you were PO'd at RB for trying to get out what the man obviously so badly needs to get out.. which is fair, because he put the other 2 trials at risk... and I suppose that even though this one is a judge-only trial, he could have potentially put this one at risk somehow... I hope that he writes a book too, that would be fantastic, even better than just getting interviewed by a reporter who would then write something on it! jmo.

A parent will always defend the child they once knew. She lived a distance from him and wouldn't know all he was involved in once he became criminal minded. So she's mourning the child she knew IMO not the animal he is.

Interesting to hear there was an incident her brother couldn't get over. It must have been serious. <modsnip> RB obviously wanted to protect his family from DM.

Often, a relative or outsider will have a better read of a person's character than the immediate family will have. His dad more or less was the one left to put up with him. He pushes him to get his own apartment and what does DM do? Takes it apart to renovate and a year later it's not done? Random. Probably a mess just like 5 Maple Gate. That place looks like once MB took her stuff out, the place was a mish-mash. Looks like a home where someone has half moved in and too lazy to set stuff up properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to read a book written by the uncle about his experience with his nephew, the murderer.

I think RB has a right to his indignation and wished he had kept his emotions in check for the purpose of the trial though. It could have been more helpful if he had testified to what DM actually called him about that day. He described it as “drivel”. I wonder if RB thought he’d be up on the stand longer to elaborate, but it was clear by his lack of composure that he was offering little to contribute other than to confirm the telephone number used by DM. To me, it was as if RB was using the court as his own stage to play out his disgust. It just left me with a negative impression of him. But at least he confirmed that phone number. MOO.

Were you there in person or are you surmising from Tweets?

Thank you. Too, I guess, they may not have been told, or may not have understood, when they were going to be called. I think that MB remained on Crown's witness list for all of the Bosma trial and so she should know the process.
If that is true.. that may have been exactly why she may have potentially 'demanded' that she be given a date.. can you imagine having every day of your life put on hold 'in case' you might be called to testify at a trial? Obviously she did not have to show up at the courthouse during those days at the other trial, but she would have still needed to be on hand and unable to do much else........ which, I understand, is not much of an inconvenience in comparison to the things that others have endured at the hands of her son...

<Mod note: snipped quote and reference to it>

I hope we get to hear from at least one of the former associates that DM spoke of in his video statement — such as the one who DM wanted fired due to holding them up, or the other man in the final meeting (the one who left the building at the same time as DM). It may be helpful to hear their perspective.

I’ve been involved in a few trails. I was made to be at the court house every day until I testified. I was told it was incase I was to be called earlier then intended. The schedule of witnesses wasn’t set in stone. I sat out in the lobby until they needed me.

Thanks. That was probably the case here.

I feel if we count backward from 11pm the 18 hours the coroner concluded (although I know they said there are other variables), he likely murdered WM at 5 am IMO.

“I noticed the left eye was absent,” Evans said, adding that the death occurred at least 18 hours before he completed his investigation at about 11 p.m. Court shown Dellen Millard’s police interview after father found dead | The Star

Yes, the coroner said "at least" so let's assume the murder was between 3 and 5 and then DM cleans himself up washing off the gsr, makes the call to the taxi 6 am and returns to MS's. It all lines up.

Yes, not only waiting until his father finished the phone call to murder but waiting some more until he was sound asleep. Absolutely chilling.

I would say waiting until some drug takes effect. I know if someone tried to put a gun in my hand while I was sleeping I'd fight him off. No signs of that. I think he was drugged.

Maybe it was 3 am "Hi dad, did you take your medication? Here. let me help you. Wash it down with this GHB laced water (or wine). "

I clipped his from the internet "Most date rape drugs take effect within 15-30 minutes and symptoms usually last for several hours. However, if you pass out it will be hard to know the full effect."Date rape drugs | Womenshealth.gov

Interesting to hear there was an incident her brother couldn't get over. It must have been serious. <modsnip> RB obviously wanted to protect his family from DM.

Didn’t her letter specify that it was Wayne (her husband) who couldn’t get over a perceived transgression of her brother?

A parent will always defend the child they once knew. She lived a distance from him and wouldn't know all he was involved in once he became criminal minded. So she's mourning the child she knew IMO not the animal he is.

Often, a relative or outsider will have a better read of a person's character than the immediate family will have. His dad more or less was the one left to put up with him. He pushes him to get his own apartment and what does DM do? Takes it apart to renovate and a year later it's not done? Random. Probably a mess just like 5 Maple Gate. That place looks like once MB took her stuff out, the place was a mish-mash. Looks like a home where someone has half moved in and too lazy to set stuff up properly.
I have to admit... kill me, y'all if you have to.. but I have some sympathy for MB. I can't imagine the devastation she must feel. Humans are created with 'denial' for a reason.

PS I think you have it backwards about "Interesting to hear there was an incident her brother couldn't get over" - it was apparently, according to MB's letter, Wayne that despised RB over some 'transgression' that RB made. However, RB had ended his relationship with WM before MB even married him. (See my post a bit earlier today for quotes).

MB's letter to the judge:

"Dellen's Dad despised my brother for a transgression beyond his Dad's comprehension"

Didn’t her letter specify that it was Wayne (her husband) who couldn’t get over a perceived transgression of her brother?

Yes, sorry, you are correct. "Dellen's Dad despised my brother for a transgression beyond his Dad's comprehension."

Nevertheless, there was a transgression which DM was in the middle of causing a rift with the children. Not clear who transgressed IMO.

I would say waiting until some drug takes effect. I know if someone tried to put a gun in my hand while I was sleeping I'd fight him off. No signs of that. I think he was drugged.

Maybe it was 3 am "Hi dad, did you take your medication? Here. let me help you. Wash it down with this GHB laced water (or wine). "

I clipped his from the internet "Most date rape drugs take effect within 15-30 minutes and symptoms usually last for several hours. However, if you pass out it will be hard to know the full effect."Date rape drugs | Womenshealth.gov
I have heard it suggested as a possibility that DM may have jumped into WM's bed, laid behind him, holding WM's hand inside his own hand, to pull the trigger - thereby getting the right angle. (For a left-handed shoot - which, even though we have not apparently heard whether WM was left or right handed, we do know that DM is). It is certainly plausible? The drug makes sense too, however it would have to be a drug that would have been prescribed to WM, otherwise, it would have been more evidence to come under suspicion, which would be undesired?

Yes, sorry, you are correct. "Dellen's Dad despised my brother for a transgression beyond his Dad's comprehension."

Nevertheless, there was a transgression which DM was in the middle of causing a rift with the children. Not clear who transgressed IMO.

I think Dellen wrote that part of the letter as his way of inferring that his uncle has issues too. MOO.

Was thinking of the lack of interest here on WS re this case. Maybe it's because it was first ruled a suicide. Maybe because it's the 3rd case for DM here. And then I thought, maybe because it wasn't as horrific and unbelievable as the way the other murders were carried out. But in thinking about it, isn't killing one's own parent just as severely incredulous and horrific? (just saying)

Was thinking of the lack of interest here on WS re this case. Maybe it's because it was first ruled a suicide. Maybe because it's the 3rd case for DM here. And then I thought, maybe because it wasn't as horrific and unbelievable as the way the other murders were carried out. But in thinking about it, isn't killing one's own parent just as severely incredulous and horrific? (just saying)
Maybe it is also because trials take so danged long to take place after the event.. people forget.. and then MSM has had cutbacks and nobody is even sending a reporter except for CBC. Amazing how much control MSM has over what we get to read. moo.

I have heard it suggested as a possibility that DM may have jumped into WM's bed, laid behind him, holding WM's hand inside his own hand, to pull the trigger - thereby getting the right angle. (For a left-handed shoot - which, even though we have not apparently heard whether WM was left or right handed, we do know that DM is). It is certainly plausible? The drug makes sense too, however it would have to be a drug that would have been prescribed to WM, otherwise, it would have been more evidence to come under suspicion, which would be undesired?

You mean from DM's calculations? DM would be counting on no tox screen being done.

I think Dellen wrote that part of the letter as his way of inferring that his uncle has issues too. MOO.
I think the entire thing was written by MB. It is possible that MB also helped DM write WM's obit, while still keeping what DM wanted to say? jmo.

You mean from DM's calculations? DM would be counting on no tox screen being done.
I can't imagine that he could have counted on no tox screen. It is, as far as I know, mandatory, that an autopsy be performed in such a death, and for me, I would assume that would automatically include a tox report. Also, considering DM's pre-planning in regard to:
i)staying overnight somewhere else (apparently the only time ever that he stayed at MS's house)
ii)leaving his one cellphone (what I see as a planned cover)
iii)leaving his credit card to be used in his absence (what I see as a planned cover)
iv)the use of the old fashioned gun, as opposed to any old gun that he purchased
v)the police interview on the night WM was found dead - imo that narrative was well planned as to what he would say.. way too much unimportant, trivial detail added
vi)whatever planning he did in relation to Pedo - not quite sure on what exactly it was, but it seems there was some?
vii)the use of the taxi-cab, instead of using own vehicle
Am I forgetting anything?
jmo

I was wondering the same thing! How did DM get back into the house? Did MS give him a key? Do drug dealers have a habit of leaving their doors unlocked? Also, MM testified he arrived back a few hours later (after departing from him at 9 pm), yet, it would have been about 10 hours later if he arrived back at … 7ish? And then, they all went back to sleep just when it was getting light outside?

They knew he was out and therefore they either gave him a key or left the door open.

Sunrise was at 7:30am November 29th, 2012.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member