Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, to me it clearly showed that Pillay was trying to paint WM as some guy that was stuck in bed 24/7 and miserable. Lockhart cleared up that no, WM was actually starting to feel better and was feeling positive about that.
<rsbm>

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your observations with us, mozzagirl.

Most defence lawyers that represent clients on 1st degree murder are used to posturing in front of a jury, knowing how their words have the potential to sway X number of jurors. Bench trials for 1st degree are not common at all. Most judges are former lawyers and they know the antics that defence lawyers can pull off, and can see through the smoke and mirrors. There is a reason they are called "learned judges" ;)

In defence of defence lawyers, "it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it".

Nope, wasn’t that. See my link a few up where MM testified about pregnancy suit.

Yeah, seems like we never got a date on that, nor did MM ever admit to having actually done it. Just said that DM had asked her to do it.

Something I noticed, other than JC and her relatively recent personal relationship with WM, every witness who testified for the prosecution regarding his demeanour was acquainted only by a distant business association. The only relative was his ex-brother in law who didn’t have kind words to say about any of them. No long term friends, nobody he regularly connected with for a game of golf or round of beer at the pub who he might’ve confided in.

That’s kind of sad.

I don't know the answer, but what happens if you lose your passport and need it reissued? Does the new one cover only the period until the lost one expires?

Government of Canada website: If you have reported many passports as damaged, lost or stolen, you may face some restrictions when you apply for a new passport. A friend was told that his would only be issued for two years because he had been careless and he needed to show he was responsible in caring for it.

<modsnipped extra html tag>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so as promised, I finally have a moment tonight to now sit and write out my experience and observations in court this morning. (Sorry this may be a long post)

First of all, LB's mom was there with a few of her family/friends. It seems that she has been to every day of this trial which I highly admire. Especially since she has already sat through LB's earlier this year. The gallery was fairly full, I would say about 3/4 full. It was neat to actually see AC there not far from me tweeting and typing away a mile a minute to update everyone outside the court. I don't know how he does that so well but I am guessing it takes a lot of practice over the years.

I was there for the testimony of the KW Airport manager (sorry I am blanking on his name at the moment). Reading back AC's tweets of the exam-in-chief and the cross exam of this witness, he did fairly well detail wise. One thing that wasn't explained well in the tweets was a question Pillay asked in cross exam and then was readdressed by the Crown. (I obviously can't remember the wording so I will paraphrase as best as I can) In the exam-in-chief, the witness said how every time he spoke on the phone with WM, conversations always started by asking WM how he was doing because of WM's back injury. Pillay asked the witness basically "How well did you know WM on a personal level?" To which he said "Not that well". Pillay then asked "Were you aware that WM was laid up in bed and bedridden most of the time because of his back?", to which the witness replied that he doesn't remember ever being told that WM was bedridden or pretty much in bed all the time. When Lockhart got up to re-cross this witness he asked one question, "When you spoke to WM in your last conversations how did he respond when you asked how he was doing?" The witness replied, "He said he was starting to feel better and was really happy about that". I think this conversation was kind of missed in AC's tweets. Anyways, to me it clearly showed that Pillay was trying to paint WM as some guy that was stuck in bed 24/7 and miserable. Lockhart cleared up that no, WM was actually starting to feel better and was feeling positive about that.

DM was in the prisoner box and through the whole exam-in-chief of the airport manager, DM was typing away continuously on his laptop. He looked up from his computer for much of the cross examination and seemed to be observing and listening much more at that point. I never noticed DM looking towards the gallery at all when I was there. Having been to the LB trial, I noticed a bit of a difference in his appearance today. I would classify DM's hair during the LB trial as sort of shaggy length, whereas today it was quite a bit shorter. More the length it was in his mugshot. The braid behind his ear is quite long now, maybe two inches longer than what I remember.

I was present for the beginning of the cross exam of the scene reconstruction expert witness(sorry, I can't remember any names tonight apparently). He (the witness) seems very organized as it took him a minute or two to get out all his file folders and organize them on the little desk in the witness box. He is a confident man, while not at all cocky or arrogant. I got the sense that he knows he is a well-qualified expert witness, and wasn't nervous at all to be grilled by Pillay.

Phew, sorry that was really long, I am impressed if anyone read all of that! All in all, I am glad that I was able to get a little bit of time to witness a piece of this trial.

Thanks mozzagirl for sharing your observations and insights from the courtroom today. I've toyed with going but admittedly I recognize that my real interest in going is to observe DM's behaviour. And that is exactly what has stopped me from going...I don't want to be one of those people who are there who inadvertently and unbeknownst to DM, are there as a witness to his malignant narcissism and psychopathy.

Something I noticed, other than JC and her relatively recent personal relationship with WM, every witness who testified for the prosecution regarding his demeanour was acquainted only by a distant business association. The only relative was his ex-brother in law who didn’t have kind words to say about any of them. No long term friends, nobody he regularly connected with for a game of golf or round of beer at the pub who he might’ve confided in.

That’s kind of sad.

It maybe indeed sound sad to the average person who thrives on the company of others. We've read in various articles that the Millards' were private people. How to interpret "private" is difficult. Unfortunately it has a typically negative connotation. Not everybody has friends and an active social life....not everybody wants that. We need to remember that many introverts actually prefer their life that way. For introverts, spending time with people socially drains their energy and they need that down time of being alone and quiet to recoup the energy they've spent after having to be "social".

But introversion and isolation are two different things.

Isolation is sad and empty. It would indeed be sad to know that WM, while being private and happy to spend his time alone, was actually feeling isolated. It sounds to me that WM had happily connected with JC and that was very satisfying for him. My sense, just based on wisdom and life experience is that WM lived his life as he chose and was very pleased to have welcomed JC into his life. He had found somebody to share his life with.

Yeah, that doesn’t make a lot of sense. That either means that RP supports that WM was murdered or that WM killed himself and then tucked himself in.
The more I think about it, the stranger it seems that he was just laying there as if he was sleeping- his head wasn't thrown back by the force of the bullet and his right hand didn't jerk out from its comfy spot. I somehow think that his hand would have ended up in front of his face rather than under his head.

I have absolutely no idea where they got the Men in Blue from that night. Heaven knows how many murders they've stamped as suicides. MOO

Yeah, seems like we never got a date on that, nor did MM ever admit to having actually done it. Just said that DM had asked her to do it.

And it's interesting to note that CN had flown down to meet DM and was with him in the car when he crossed the border with that "practice ammo".

However I do believe he was buying "grains" from MWJ when purchasing the guns.

MOO

It maybe indeed sound sad to the average person who thrives on the company of others. We've read in various articles that the Millards' were private people. How to interpret "private" is difficult. Unfortunately it has a typically negative connotation. Not everybody has friends and an active social life....not everybody wants that. We need to remember that many introverts actually prefer their life that way. For introverts, spending time with people socially drains their energy and they need that down time of being alone and quiet to recoup the energy they've spent after having to be "social".

Isolation is sad and empty. It would indeed be sad to know that WM, while being private and happy to spend his time alone, was actually feeling isolated. It sounds to me that WM had happily connected with JC and that was very satisfying for him. My sense, just based on wisdom and life experience is that WM lived his life as he chose and was very pleased to have welcomed JC into his life. He had found somebody to share his life with.

Don't forget that after divorcing MB, WM also had another lady friend for a number of years I believe. Elizabeth Glass died in 2009. It was less than 3 years after her death that he started corresponding with JC.

MOO

I’m not so sure JC would’ve created a happy ending for WM even if the real life events could be rewritten. Although indeed he acknowledged his “problem with alcohol” to her, that had not been overcome. She also couldn’t change the fact the MRO was a huge financial gamble that was not about to become successful, and more so, the benefactor of all his effort was already on a road to self destruction with at least one murder already committed.

Introvert or not, that WM seemed to have nobody close to confide his concerns to - and he surely wasn’t that stupid or naive not to have noticed a few gigantic red flags - that’s what I was thinking about. Had there been somebody, the finger of potential blame would’ve been pointed at DM immediately and LE and the Coroner would’ve (hopefully) done a proper job of determining if his death was either suicide or murder right there and then.

Yeah, that doesn’t make a lot of sense. That either means that RP supports that WM was murdered or that WM killed himself and then tucked himself in.
Yeah, I thought that too. Would it be "fair" to say that if his hands were tucked under the blanket, he probably wasn't the one holding the gun? ;)

MOO
Just getting caught up on the day's posts! Too funny! Oops RP, you just threw your own client under the busssss! o_O

I’m not so sure JC would’ve created a happy ending for WM even if the real life events could be rewritten. Although indeed he acknowledged his “problem with alcohol” to her, that had not been overcome. She also couldn’t change the fact the MRO was a huge financial gamble that was not about to become successful, and more so, the benefactor of all his effort was already on a road to self destruction with at least one murder already committed.

Introvert or not, that WM seemed to have nobody close to confide his concerns to - and he surely wasn’t that stupid or naive not to have noticed a few gigantic red flags - that’s what I was thinking about. Had there been somebody, the finger of potential blame would’ve been pointed at DM immediately and LE and the Coroner would’ve (hopefully) done a proper job of determining if his death was either suicide or murder right there and then.
I can imagine that JC may have had an ending herself, if things had moved forward the way WM had intended with both her relationship and the MRO. jmo.

I can imagine that JC may have had an ending herself, if things had moved forward the way WM had intended with both her relationship and the MRO. jmo.
I read about 2 years ago in an article on google about Wayne and MB. It said they were drunkards and were often found in the middle of the afternoon in drunken stupors.
I believe it and MB the day the trailer was in her driveway and CN showed up they both got drunk.
I think it was not just Wayne who had a drinking problem but MB also.

The more I think about it, the stranger it seems that he was just laying there as if he was sleeping- his head wasn't thrown back by the force of the bullet and his right hand didn't jerk out from its comfy spot. I somehow think that his hand would have ended up in front of his face rather than under his head.

I have absolutely no idea where they got the Men in Blue from that night. Heaven knows how many murders they've stamped as suicides. MOO

If DM is found guilty, I wonder if TB’s family have grounds to file a lawsuit against all vested parties, given the shoddy investigation into both WM’s and LB’s death.

I read about 2 years ago in an article on google about Wayne and MB. It said they were drunkards and were often found in the middle of the afternoon in drunken stupors.
I believe it and MB the day the trailer was in her driveway and CN showed up they both got drunk.
I think it was not just Wayne who had a drinking problem but MB also.

That terminology was not used at all.

And it was with Elizabeth Glass .... her brother had dropped by Wayne's for a visit one afternoon and said they were "well into their drinks already"

Don't forget that after divorcing MB, WM also had another lady friend for a number of years I believe. Elizabeth Glass died in 2009. It was less than 3 years after her death that he started corresponding with JC.

MOO

I remember that now that you mention it....The longer I think about it, the sadder it is. He had found and lost love a number of times - like we all do throughout life. To think that DM wanted to just reduce his father into some image of a crippled, old, alcoholic man is appalling. Even though Wayne wasn't a social creature, he was clearly a lovable man. And I suppose we all hope, that despite our "unlovable" traits, we remain lovable.

That’s kind of sad.

I don't believe they normally have character witnesses. JC was there due to the time issue IMO. I think he had friends in retired pilot organizations. Seems to me I read something an old friend had written.

So is the thought that WM was killed with that gun, just not by himself or that he was killed with "a" gun maybe a different one?

I watched a 2012 episode of bones tonight and the revolver had been used at close range and the discovered it had flesh in the barrel. I don't know how common that would be but would think the absence of flesh in the barrel might be of concern.

Interesting you say that, I had the same thought when I read about Elizabeth Glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member