We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Def not an artist, but I can trace *usually...between quality of pic and my MS acting up, its not pretty, but it matches up with the print. First one is overlay of photo. Second is trace only flipped.l
I see a runner and a walker in this sole. Chests, arms, fist. Runner has a heart walker has a clover. Moo

Printed soles (article from 2010) for the Japanese market. These are not a match but maybe the style or term (yukiyo-e) will spur additional ideas here... MOO.

Since Quicksilver was mentioned more than once, I found some flip flops with their logo and name all over the sole but, again, no match.

It's not a stretch at all. I was googling all sorts of combinations of those letters and CALZADO came up for me numerous times when Goog was trying to be helpful. I'm one that hasn't ruled out that the L isn't a Z. I think it's quite possible it's a Z and not an L because as I explained upthread... the L is leaning to the right when all other letters are up straight. Just because it appears to be missing the top of the Z doesn't mean it isn't/wasn't there. It could be worn down or simply not captured well in the photo.
I’m convinced it’s a Z, not an L.

I've looked at so many shoe treads - tactical footwear, workboots, hiking boots, even snowboard boots and nothing resembles this. The lettering is very unique as it seems almost like a product code as opposed to brand name. All the shoes I looked at with lettering on the bottom were very stylized logos and usually on the heel or arch of the shoe. Nothing with random block letters.
CA - California, Canada? C____ Athletic?

A location/year would be helpful.
But this is driving me nuts!!

I've looked at so many shoe treads - tactical footwear, workboots, hiking boots, even snowboard boots and nothing resembles this. The lettering is very unique as it seems almost like a product code as opposed to brand name. All the shoes I looked at with lettering on the bottom were very stylized logos and usually on the heel or arch of the shoe. Nothing with random block letters.

I agree about the product code I was trying to search along those lines as well! The year would be helpful if this is a cold case and these shoes are 10 years old for instance could make a huge difference in narrowing down where these came from.

It may be some cheap Chinese make.
A lot of them have names that don't make sense in English.. They just think the letters make it look more 'western'.

A lot of imported Chinese shoes have been flooding our western countries for years and are quite often found in immigrant run discount stores.

I personally think it looks like CA LAOG.

It may be some cheap Chinese make.
A lot of them have names that don't make sense in English.. They just think the letters make it look more 'western'.

A lot of imported Chinese shoes have been flooding our western countries for years and are quite often found in immigrant run discount stores.

I personally think it looks like CA LAOG.
Laog, in Tagalog, means wanderer, nomad. So maybe you aren't far off. LAOG was my original impression before I stared at it too long.

I found this link yesterday:

It is a footwear impression database. I downloaded the file and looked through 1175 photos. #76, attached below, has a similar "J" pattern. It seems to be a partial print and I have no idea of how to use the information. If anyone wants to look at the website and figure out if there's a way to identify the shoe brand, that would be lovely. It's beyond me.

The second pic is the flipped version.

Attachments

• 00076.jpg
    00076.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20221114_092254.jpg
    IMG_20221114_092254.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 69
This imprint is relation to The Cold Case Investigative Research Institute .
Ok, I reset my brain and started at the top. This is the COLD CASE team, meaning not a current shoe.
I am going back to Los Angeles or Louisiana Dept of Corrections, or a foreign brand with the model number on the back.
Does anyone have any connections in CA that could tell us the history of the shoes worn there?

Printed soles (article from 2010) for the Japanese market. These are not a match but maybe the style or term (yukiyo-e) will spur additional ideas here... MOO.

Since Quicksilver was mentioned more than once, I found some flip flops with their logo and name all over the sole but, again, no match.

Thank you so much for your help.

Note to self: if planning a crime, don't wear these shoes ... nor have a vanity licence plate. Heh!

I found this link yesterday:

It is a footwear impression database. I downloaded the file and looked through 1175 photos. #76, attached below, has a similar "J" pattern. It seems to be a partial print and I have no idea of how to use the information. If anyone wants to look at the website and figure out if there's a way to identify the shoe brand, that would be lovely. It's beyond me.

The second pic is the flipped version.
Thank you so much !! I will look into it.

Ok, I reset my brain and started at the top. This is the COLD CASE team, meaning not a current shoe.
I am going back to Los Angeles or Louisiana Dept of Corrections, or a foreign brand with the model number on the back.
Does anyone have any connections in CA that could tell us the history of the shoes worn there?
Im in Cali , I can answer questions if you have any.

The Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto houses the world's largest collection of footwear. In addition, it is an internationally recognized centre for footwear research that sponsors field research, publishes research findings and promotes education. Perhaps there is a historian on staff who might be able to provide assistance.

I feel like we're missing part of the text string. It is super strange to me that whatever it says starts in the MIDDLE of the first imagine above it, when the end of the text ends at the END of the image above it. Not that it has to be centered... but I just feel in my gut that is IS centered and spans across from end to end. Therefore I feel like we are missing something that precedes the CA. Not to mention that I can see something there, just not very clearly.

It looks like an 11 to me, except the the top and bottom don't line up with the top and bottom of the other letters. Their spacing is a little higher off the bottom, like they are half the size of the other letters and situated in the middle horizontally. And whatever is in that space then makes whatever it says to line up with the image above on BOTH sides. Without whatever is to the left of CA it indents in too much to make sense to me. As I've mentioned upthread... I'd have centered it, yet it doesn't appear centered UNLESS there's more to the left of the CA.

Lastly, whatever is there doesn't have to be numbers or letters. It could be a small image that's smaller than the height of the letters. All just MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back