Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Disgusted with some of the comments when Tricia is trying to make a better experience for everyone.

Uh - oh...what comments? Looking forward to seeing our new wardrobe on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the great things with TapaTalk is that it is an “app”. iPhones are so much friendlier with apps driving than websites, even mobile versions. Do you plan on building an app for websleuths down the road? The other great thing about Tapatalk is notifications. Will those be built into the new program or will we rely on email for that? Good luck on everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh - oh...what comments? Looking forward to seeing our new wardrobe on Monday!

The comments have since been removed.

Remember we will be down about 48 hours starting early Monday Morning.

Tricia

Will our private messages still be there? TIA

Looking forward to trying it out but like others I’m afraid of losing tapatalk because it’s just so easy. Before I discovered it, the actual website didn’t fit on my phone screen properly and everything was too small.

I hope the move goes well. I don't have Tapatalk, so I'm not worried about it. Websleuths hasn't been working on my phone for a while now, but that's probably my phone's fault lol

What??? There is a thread on The Wedding!!!! Wow, I was telling someone how Huge websleuths was, and now it's then some. I am just so impressed with Websleuths. I've been following the wedding on Mad about Meghan blog. Charlotte also has one entitled Duchess Kate Blog. She resides in England, has facts only, and monitors posts before publishing.

Thank you everyone who are giving positives. Change is always hard and then we wonder why we had all our and sometimes stressful worries. Thank you Tricia for answering questions and for the sense of humor.

I got to thinking about the "Bookmarks". I hope that means on the website itself and not the ones I have on my tablet. I would not be able to recall which ones I follow and the ones I have yet to read. I read so much on here lol. (I am dreading withdrawal.)

Hey Tricia! :wave:

Tricia said:
Yes, we will be bringing over more smileys but it is not near the top of our priority list. We will get to this as soon as possible

I am so happy you are excited. YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!

Not at the top of the priority list?? :what:

I love these little guys...

:giggle:

Will we be able to use MORE than the 5 alotted on this site? I hope so!! :happydance:

I have to agree with Spellz - the background colors (grays & white) need to be darker - I have excellent vision and have problems reading those too! :)

neesaki said:
Will our private messages still be there? TIA

They are called "conversations" over there.

Looking forward to trying it out but like others I’m afraid of losing tapatalk because it’s just so easy. Before I discovered it, the actual website didn’t fit on my phone screen properly and everything was too small.

Same here. Tapatalk is so much easier to use than the actual website. I hope the new one has a better mobile version. I didn’t like the old mobile version because I couldn’t like posts or see notifications of new posts on threads I follow. That’s what I need in order to keep up with the 325 or so cases I follow. No way I can remember them all or go find them on my own.

Good luck on Monday. I hope the transition goes smoothly!

Same here. Tapatalk is so much easier to use than the actual website. I hope the new one has a better mobile version. I didn’t like the old mobile version because I couldn’t like posts or see notifications of new posts on threads I follow. That’s what I need in order to keep up with the 325 or so cases I follow. No way I can remember them all or go find them on my own.

Good luck on Monday. I hope the transition goes smoothly!

I too am weary of giving up Tapatalk. /nail biting.

Just a suggestion!! Will you see if the company has a made a video for first time users?

I went to YT and found some but it was from like 2014.

I think that would be helpful for all of us !!

What is tap a talk

i watched some of the videos for the installation stuff ( fully aware that i would not understand much -- I did not let myself down ha! )

It looked awful to do all that stuff! And the guy was like a computer dude -- often computer people have assumptions regarding how easy it is for them and go to fast!!

The guy had a nice voice! tho !

What is tap a talk

i watched some of the videos for the installation stuff ( fully aware that i would not understand much -- I did not let myself down ha! )

It looked awful to do all that stuff! And the guy was like a computer dude -- often computer people have assumptions regarding how easy it is for them and go to fast!!

The guy had a nice voice! tho !

Tapatalk is an app that makes it easy to follow forums and discussion threads - you can get notifications of new posts to threads you subscribe to, and only visit those or you can open up the whole forum you follow to find new discussions to follow. But from what I understand the new software isn’t compatible with Tapatalk

No problem with actual functions, Tricia. But the color scheme is impossible for many of us with vision problems. Particularly the light yellow print or light gray print. Can the font color be made darker? Screenshot with red arrows for my areas of concern --- I realiy cannot read them at all unless I enlarge my screen A LOT.

attachment.php

hi my dear

it is impressive that you did that with the arrows!!

Short time I was there (!) i had hard time seeing most of the stuff too

were old we need a nice old person font size!!

Well, I was locked out of the beta forum. It simply didn't recognize me as a valid user. :(
Let's hope nothing like that happens to anyone, but with my luck, it'll happen again and I'll be stuck on the Facebook page, trying to get someone's attention to help me out!

We aim to support one another! I want you to know you are not alone.

Look at it this way!! It did not know you exist!

It knew I existed and then put me on a timeout! INSTANTLY

I can be a sensitive kind of person !!

It cracked me up tho !

Jezzzz just being put me on TO!

You all are referring to bookmarks and scaring me! Are bookmarks the same thing as subscriptions?

or will all subscriptions already be "in"the new platform?

I know i posting a lot but I had huge each issues on this end with passwords and could not get in so I am now trying to catch up before the move

You will not have to re-register. Let me double check on the Avatars and sig lines.

We have a problem now on Websleuths with many members taking advantage of the signature lines by having a novel posted in their signature line.

We have limited the number of lines in a signature. Let me check with Dave and make sure these will transfer over. Good question.

I am guilty of having a novel. I tried to get rid of it a while back but could not remember how I got it there in the first place!!

And I tried a couple of times -- kinda like when you lose your car keys (often!) and then take a break and look again

in this instance I still could not find it and get rid of it!!

I am guilty of having a novel. I tried to get rid of it a while back but could not remember how I got it there in the first place!!

And I tried a couple of times -- kinda like when you lose your car keys (often!) and then take a break and look again

in this instance I still could not find it and get rid of it!!

Hey Cariis, glad to see you got your old account back! To edit your signature just click on settings at the top right of your page, then over on the left scroll down to “edit signature”. Edit and save. At least that’s how I do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member