Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi car

have not seen you in long time

I am feeling a bit less geriatric to see others have found the readability on the one I saw difficult!!

Hey there! I mostly hang around the unidentified forum; not in the current missing and crime cases much.

I'm certainly approaching geriatric, but my vision has been bad for years :D It's one of those thi. ngs that even nice and considerate people don't really understand. My hearing's not good either, so when somebody points me to a video, I'm like "is there a transcript?" It's a real problem...

Reading about Tapatalk at Wiki and other places, it seems our new forum platform (xenforo) would be compatible but WS would have to add something:

perhaps once we are moved and work out any kinks WS will look into adding Tapatalk access if there is enough interest.

Interested!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY my dear. I did it !!

Sure seems kinda obvious now does it not

I did not remember it was called signature!!

Whew one less thing to figure out! My biggest fear from my very very very short visit (!) was the font and colors - could not see it .

If that is altered I probably will find it fun to play with new stuff.

My frustration levels can be hit easily so I do anticipate some of that as well!

And when I found out it was Monday my first reaction was oh god what if something major happens.

I have had the same instant dread when the TO box popped up!!

It would be awesome if the new one has something like threads started in the last 12 hours.

I do not think a lot of you have this problem ( I do look around before starting a thread) but it seems like I have started a lot of duplicate threads. It bugs me when I do that!!

Glad it worked for you Cariis! :)

I also want to commend Tricia for moving forward to give us a better forum, that takes some guts and determination just to do that. Especially when you have those like me who are like, well, I don't know if I can adjust to it or not, but I'm sure I can but it will take a while..... Good lord, forgive me Tricia. I know this new forum will be the best. And the truth is that every change takes a certain amount of adjustment. So , thank you Dear Lady!!!

TY my dear. I did it !!

Whew one less thing to figure out! My biggest fear from my very very very short visit (!) was the font and colors - could not see it .

My frustration levels can be hit easily so I do anticipate some of that as well!

And when I found out it was Monday my first reaction was oh god what if something major happens.

It would be awesome if the new one has something like threads started in the last 12 hours.

I do not think a lot of you have this problem ( I do look around before starting a thread) but it seems like I have started a lot of duplicate threads. It bugs me when I do that!!

Yes!!! And I like to see new/ current things, but so many old threads are still active, I often miss new stuff.

And I keep wondering how I will go to sleep without my nightly sleuth reading! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TY my dear. I did it !!

Oh no, I am having a laughing fit, ya know the type where you cannot stop and you need tissues for wet eyes and the nose.

Are you going to have PTSD as you attempt to head into the new software program?

I've missed you, too. Where are you hanging out? My wish is that we had GPS tracking system in new software program to track down favorite websleuthers. (Please don't accuse me of being a stalker).

Seriously, you provided needed laughs during hurricane scare in Florida last year and I do have PA.

Now Spellbound is easy to locate. She leaves tracks or is in a thread I go check out which are quite a few. I don't think she sleeps or doesn't do her yard or housework. But she is an awesome person always helping everyone compassionately.

Thank you.

OH OH-----I may not end up making it to the transition....:eek:

I have no idea what my PASSWORD is anymore. It is saved, so when I log in,it is saved and I just click it.

WILL IT STILL BE SAVED ON TRANSITION? I hope so, otherwise, Bye Bye gang......:cry:

I did some beta testing, but was given a new password to use when testing.

So I am not sure how to move to new home, if I do not know my old password, from 6 yrs ago....

OH OH-----I may not end up making it to the transition....:eek:

I have no idea what my PASSWORD is anymore. It is saved, so when I log in,it is saved and I just click it.

WILL IT STILL BE SAVED ON TRANSITION? I hope so, otherwise, Bye Bye gang......:cry:

Oh no, that is scary. And wow you have the highest number of posts I've ever seen.

First - I apologize for this long post....

Suglo said:
That’s what I need in order to keep up with the 325 or so cases I follow. No way I can remember them all or go find them on my own.

Good luck on Monday. I hope the transition goes smoothly!

I don't even want to count how many cases I'm following on here... !! :ohwow:
Maybe I will one day....

YES! And I hope ALL goes well on Thursday the 24th when we get back in here!!

Tricia - I'm sure some are wondering on "when" - "time" we will be up on the 24th? 7am Eastern Time?? That would be at 2pm my time.

Katharine said:
snipped by me....
When I first read your posts which was on that bad fire in that ?warehouse type building (sadly I can't recall name or location eek), ....

That would be in Oakland - the Ghost Ship fire:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-party-36-dead-2-Dec-2016-3-*Arrests*/page11

Here's a bit of a summary on what's going on. Next hearing:
Thursday, May 24th:
*Bail Hearing (For Max Harris) - CA - Ghost Ship Warehouse Fire in Oakland on Dec. 2, 2016 killing 36 people - Derick Ion Almena (47), and Max Harris (27), charged with 36 felony counts of involuntary manslaughter; entered not guilty pleas. $750K bond for each. They remain in custody at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin and face up to 39 years in prison each if convicted.
2/20/18 Update: Defense will seek to have their bail lowered or even be released on their own recognizance when they return to court on 3/21/18 for a bail hearing. 4/13/18 hearing on Defense motion to dismiss, and jury trial to start July 16th, if Defense motion to dismiss is denied.
4/20/18: Judge has :denied: a motion to release Derick Almena from custody. On 5/11/18, Judge held hearings on motions by Almena and Harris to have the charges against them dismissed on various legal grounds.
5/11/18: A judge turned down a motion to dismiss those charges on Thursday. :denied:

Tricia said:
Will the Avatars and Signatures be brought over to the new forum?
We made it so the signatures and pictures were smaller.
Most users will be unaffected. Those users that do not fit into the new limits will have to replace these."

When I was over there trying to change the Avatars I found that the .gifs do not work. You know - the ones that move. Like me swinging in my tire swing!

I'm going to keep that one up and when we open the new forum, I'll see if I'm still swinging in my swing! LOL!

Tricia said:
Will we be getting more smilies?

Dave: We should be able to get the smilies back, that is my hope and expectation.

:ditto: on that!

Katharine said:
snipped....
Now Spellbound is easy to locate. She leaves tracks or is in a thread I go check out which are quite a few. I don't think she sleeps or doesn't do her yard or housework. But she is an awesome person always helping everyone compassionately.

Thank you.

:loveyou: Spellz!! She does take naps, and does work hard in her garden.... now housework - ?? LOL!

To Trica admin mods: This occurred to me last night. You all have been wonderful in this transition. Open to notions.

I also would think that there is anxiety on that end as well. Al of you , on your end have to learn how your end works, and there will probably be some glitches on that end also.

So for all of you -- we are hoping it goes smoothly for you all on your end as well.

Thank you as well!

Tricia ( I do not kiss tushie - just a trait I have !) you have been awesome ! In the beginning you scared the heck out of me!

And like life in general I had some problems in the beginning!!

You have been warm, helping to explain stuff and patient. For that I am grateful.

Lets all raise a glass - ah heck let raise the bottle, hit it and hope!

I was so consumed with the password BS it was not until a couple of days ago that I learned this is happening soon - and to be frank anxiety is increasing!

But that is ok -- who knows in a week maybe we all will be zooming around WS like champs!

Or ugh oh - we might be on the side of the road waiting for AA opppssss I meant AAA

ha that is funny !

Or if something really big happens in the next 3 days or so we may need AA as well!!

I honestly hope it is quiet - until I met you all the news really is delinquent in there responsibility - it is always more information here.

These are my two favorite new options.

Forum/History: Lists the last 50 threads you have visited.

Username/Conversations: you can start a conversation and invite up to five additional participants. The initiator has these options upon starting the conversation:
• Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others
• Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)
I do have a question I should have asked during testing. Once the pms are transferred over. Will the new pm conversions into conversations have these new options inserted retroactively or only begin with opening day?

Black Friday !!

CARIIS:

I
(snipped)
there is, CARIIS!
New Threads/ Recent Threads/ Latest Replies are there in a right sidebar.

also New Posts is at the top ... well it was, looks like it was changed to Recent Posts

Thank you.
(Snipped)
aww ... that was so nice of you to say. :facepalm: I don't sleep much (not for lack of trying) but I love to play outside, and digging in dirt is my passion.

Niner:
:loveyou: Spellz!! She does take naps, and does work hard in her garden.... now housework - ?? LOL!

(snipped)
harumph! I do get the shovel out once in a while... or slide a furry buddy across the wood floors to catch the dust --- they think it's a game. :hug:

To Trica admin mods: This occurred to me last night. You all have been wonderful in this transition. Open to notions.

I also would think that there is anxiety on that end as well. Al of you , on your end have to learn how your end works, and there will probably be some glitches on that end also.

So for all of you -- we are hoping it goes smoothly for you all on your end as well.

Thank you as well!

Tricia ( I do not kiss tushie - just a trait I have !) you have been awesome ! In the beginning you scared the heck out of me!

And like life in general I had some problems in the beginning!!

You have been warm, helping to explain stuff and patient. For that I am grateful.

Lets all raise a glass - ah heck let raise the bottle, hit it and hope!

I was so consumed with the password BS it was not until a couple of days ago that I learned this is happening soon - and to be frank anxiety is increasing!

But that is ok -- who knows in a week maybe we all will be zooming around WS like champs!

Or ugh oh - we might be on the side of the road waiting for AA opppssss I meant AAA

ha that is funny !

Or if something really big happens in the next 3 days or so we may need AA as well!!

I honestly hope it is quiet - until I met you all the news really is delinquent in there responsibility - it is always more information here.

Yes indeed, you summed it all up so well, sweet CARIIS! Anxiety and anticipation of unknowns ... and trying to please everyone the best they can. We love WS! :tyou: :loveyou:

Niner:
When I was over there trying to change the Avatars I found that the .gifs do not work. You know - the ones that move. Like me swinging in my tire swing!

I'm going to keep that one up and when we open the new forum, I'll see if I'm still swinging in my swing! LOL!

(snipped)

:trout: Those moving things in an avatar were so distracting and annoying. No, no. No. (Sorry, Niner. They aren't good for some of us, though. Really :blushing: )

I did some beta testing, but was given a new password to use when testing.

So I am not sure how to move to new home, if I do not know my old password, from 6 yrs ago....

Are you on a PC, katydid? Passwords are saved in a somewhat hidden file there. Try this and see if you csn find it (be sure to click the "show passwords" when you get to the page):

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Tools>Options>Security(left column)>passwords>Saved Passwords (bottom right) click Show Passwords[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]====[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]or Click Security Panel, Click Saved Passwords=[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Password Manager opens, view & delete passwords[/FONT][/FONT]

I know I'm a weirdo (shush-up) but I sure hope a cool kid will invite me into one of these new private convo's occasionally!

: D

This will be the second change since I've been a member (as far as I can recall). The site formatting I originally started with was much better than the current format, in my opinion - and it did just as you said, deterred me from using. I hope this next change will be an improvement. Fingers crossed.

I don’t have the answers to all the questions about the avatars, but I found this in my notes.

Avatar: It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels.

Pictures: The max image dimensions are 1024 x 1024 pixels

The max file size for images is 2mb which is equal to 2048 kb

Suggestions: before lowering the quality of an image (file size) - reduce the dimensions 1st then the file size.

Just sharing I cleaned out PM box thinking that will be one thing i wont have to do for a while - might as well do it while I know how!!

Did same with subscriptions!

I know I'm a weirdo (shush-up) but I sure hope a cool kid will invite me into one of these new private convo's occasionally!

: D

hey you guys

long time no see

enjoyed your input when there !

Oh no, I am having a laughing fit, ya know the type where you cannot stop and you need tissues for wet eyes and the nose.

Are you going to have PTSD as you attempt to head into the new software program?

I've missed you, too. Where are you hanging out? My wish is that we had GPS tracking system in new software program to track down favorite websleuthers. (Please don't accuse me of being a stalker).

Seriously, you provided needed laughs during hurricane scare in Florida last year and I do have PA.

Thank you.

My dear

I have suffered from PTSD for years!

From just being ME.

I can exhaust my very little ole self without any outside factors !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025