Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still here? :waitasec: :lurk::hills::doorhide::waiting:

Will all of our personal information transfer? Avatar, signature, password, etc.?

Yes, although sigs can be no longer than 3 lines long and the allowance for Avatar's is much lower (10kb) so I found mine was quite distorted when I got over there! (Ohhhhhhh nooooo, my beautiful Seattle :tantrum:)

Yes, although sigs can be no longer than 3 lines long and the allowance for Avatar's is much lower (10kb) so I found mine was quite distorted when I got over there! (Ohhhhhhh nooooo, my beautiful Seattle :tantrum:)

Are there new "stock" avatars to choose from?

(Only reason I didn't do the beta test is because the first time it was offered some posters got locked out and I didn't want to be locked out of WS :loveyou:)

Are there new "stock" avatars to choose from?

(Only reason I didn't do the beta test is because the first time it was offered some posters got locked out and I didn't want to be locked out of WS :loveyou:)

I don't believe there is :(

I found these tips from Dave I copied into my notes. Maybe this will help.

I cannot tell you how to shrink an image as everybody uses different software. I can give basic tips.

First you must understand that when it comes to images there are 2 types of sizes.
1- image dimensions (our limit is 100(w)x100(h) pixels)
2 file size (our limit is 10kb)

If your image is too big the first thing to do is work on the dimensions. By making the dimensions appropriate for our limits, you will automagically shrink the file size.

Do not just make your image 100x100, if your image is not perfect square to start with it may distort your image. In your software find the current dimensions of your image. First make sure that something similar to "maintain aspect ratio" is selected. Next, take the largest dimension, be it height or width and change it to 100, the smaller of the dimensions should change by itself when doing this. This is all you need to do to get proper dimensions.

Next we work on the file size. You will need to look in your software how you would reduce the quality of the image. Select something around 80% and see if that works, if not then try 70% until you get the file size small enough.

Ws twitter:

3h
Remember sometime this morning we are going offline to move to our new software. This account and our Facebook account is where you will find the updates

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]While we are down please check the Websleuths FACEBOOK PAGE and TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR UPDATES ON THE MOVE AND INFO ON THE LATEST BREAKING TRUE CRIME.[/FONT][/FONT]

Oh, sad. I could use a change from Scrat (the Ice Age Squirrel) but I'm not very imaginative:giggle: :blushing:.

I love scrat! Sometimes, I see a Websleuther with scrat as their avatar and I start replying "Hi Gardener" ... then I'm like, BACK GO BACK!... This is not even Gardener :lol:

f3736d76089b793f242bdd7cf50f9db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April Fools...KIDDING. Yes, we are still moving. I'm sure there are still working on whatever geek type thing that I wouldn't understand before they take down the forum.

So, let's make a bet. When will Websleuths be taken down? I have no insider info I promise.

I say 5 PM Eastern.

So, let's make a bet. When will Websleuths be taken down? I have no insider info I promise.

I say 5 PM Eastern.

I’m hoping sooner rather than later. I have a massive amount of work to do today and instead of working I’m sitting here reading because I’m afraid I’m going to miss something. [emoji23]

Wow you're still here!

Good luck with the move Tricia! I like the new format a lot and it should be much, much easier to use.

Sending good vibes.

Actually I'm often an inadvertent thread killer, so this could be the post that brings the shutdown...

April Fools...KIDDING. Yes, we are still moving. I'm sure there are still working on whatever geek type thing that I wouldn't understand before they take down the forum.

I say 5 PM Eastern.
Put me in the kitty for 1:00 PM Central

I keep leaving the room to do some things around the house, wondering if site will be down when I return :D

I say 5 PM Eastern.

LOL - Tricia, my DH is in IT and I keep saying to him "We're still up! We're not gone yet! Whats going on?!" And he just goes into a full description of how "These things take time" and "I wouldn't understand" .... meh! Tech geeks! :dunno:

I'm saying by 4pm EST!

I say 5 PM Eastern.

My hubby IT guy says 7am ET tomorrow because nothing goes as planned 🤦*♀️[emoji23]

My hubby IT guy says 7am ET tomorrow because nothing goes as planned 臘*♀️[emoji23]

LOL, oh jesus, you have an IT hubby too? He's driving me crazy with this :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members