WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had issues posting memes previously even if they seemed large. Once posted, the meme was properly sized. I've been unable to share memes - I get notice that they are too large for the server. How can I rectify this? Thanks.

I never had issues posting memes previously even if they seemed large. Once posted, the meme was properly sized. I've been unable to share memes - I get notice that they are too large for the server. How can I rectify this? Thanks.

When it asked to "insert" - do the 'thumb-nail' one & not the large image. At least that helped me.

Is there a glitch with threads reported as found? I sometimes get an alert to my own threads, sometimes not, when person reported as found.

Also, now they seem to disappear into the ether - not in located or anywhere else - which only used to happen with a child up to 18. Plus, they are not having the 'found safe', 'found deceased' etc tags attached.

So much cleaner and easier to read! Great update.

@WS Admin - is there anyway you can change the "colors" - they are not correct.

As in RED - looks like BROWN. Another RED & RED - can't really tell the difference. Also the GREEN is like fluorescent....

I use different colors on my cases that I post for the day - and I want to highlight difference portions of it. Maybe I'll use the
PURPLE instead of red.

and did you find a way to NOT post a complete link to my question in post # 140 ?

TIA!

I had bookmarked the New Posts with the filters applied and the list was empty, but when I clicked on New Posts this thread appeared. So, it seems to me that bookmarking is not working, it only works for that one instance, if that makes sense..

ETA I checked the URL of my bookmark and it has a number at the end, and whenever I click new posts that number changes (increases), so this is why bookmarking won’t work, I think..
My bookmark for New Posts in Watched threads is working now. Yeey! :cool: Thank you very much!

@WS Admin

Please please can you adjust the quotes box colour so it’s not the exact same orange as the poster name box, even just a lighter orange would make it less blocky and easier to differentiate each post.

Aside from that (and total confusion whether I’m posting on a main thread or a conversation - one day someone will post unofficial / sensitive info for all the world to see!), great job!!

@WS Admin - maybe you can help me on another problem I'm having.

When I post the hearings for each day - I would like it to show the WS link like this one here:

post #168 - the line that says "Court info..." and I added the link (blue) underneath that.

vs. the way it is "sometimes" posting - like this one:

post #154 - after my post of "court hearings..." it "quotes" the link I post - which I don't want all that extra "stuff" there. Just the link as shown in the Larkin case.

Can you help me on that? TIA! :)
The snippet is the new standard and is there by default when it is an internal link. You may be able to remove it when needed by editing the post after it is made

example:
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-mason-williams-21-months-murdered-parents-blame-death-on-demons-kyle-4-jul-2018.381941/page-8[/URL]

Change "true" to "false"

@WS Admin

Please please can you adjust the quotes box colour so it’s not the exact same orange as the poster name box, even just a lighter orange would make it less blocky and easier to differentiate each post.

Aside from that (and total confusion whether I’m posting on a main thread or a conversation - one day someone will post unofficial / sensitive info for all the world to see!), great job!!
I do plan on making the color a shade lighter, it may be next week.

I have made no changes in this regard.

@WS Admin - is there anyway you can change the "colors" - they are not correct.

As in RED - looks like BROWN. Another RED & RED - can't really tell the difference. Also the GREEN is like fluorescent....

I use different colors on my cases that I post for the day - and I want to highlight difference portions of it. Maybe I'll use the
PURPLE instead of red.

and did you find a way to NOT post a complete link to my question in post # 140 ?

TIA!
I am assuming you are using the color pallatte in the reply box. Xenforo as do many others outsiurce this part of the code to a 3rd party, they are responsible forf choosing the color palatte. You can use your own colors by placing the hexidecimal code in the box

I do plan on making the color a shade lighter, it may be next week.
Thanks so much. A couple or three shades, please! It’s great to be able to spot a quote/link but even very pale would still achieve this visually.

Have you had any thoughts on the chats situation? Previously, it was easy to spot where you were as there was no like button. I definitely think it’d be greatly beneficial (to Websleuths) to ensure nobody accidentally posts anything erroneously in the wrong places eg sleuthing of family, discussion of rumours, confidential docs etc etc.

I know you’re busy but have a ponder when you can (personally, I’d have it an entirely different colour!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper