weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all who replied. Didn't realize there were more than one licensing boards in California for psychology/psychotherapist's. Wonder what the difference is?

Psychiatrists (MD's) are licensed by the medical board.
Psychologists (PhD, PsyD) and Psych Assistants (MA) are licensed by the Bd of Psychology.
Therapists/Counselors/Social Workers(MA) are licensed by the Bd of Behavioral Sciences.

Speaking of opening statements, who do you think will do the closing for the defense? I think it's a given that Juan will handle the closing for the prosecution, and I'm certain that it will be like a fabulous gift box, neatly wrapped and tied with a beautiful bow.
I think it'll be Numrmi - so it's going to be a s-l-o-w go. He's the lead, so I'm guessing he would choose the last ditch closing effort.

I have a question about Travis' journals.

I saw some comments earlier that gave me the impression that people were saying that ALV was reading from Travis' journals, but I thought his journals were missing and they have not been found. (They are probably somewhere with the knife and gun-wherever JA put them!).

So, have his journals been found and does the defense have them?

Thanks!

Has anybody heard where Jodi's ex boyfriend Bobby Juarez lives? Has he made any comments? Or has he changed his name and went into the hiding?

(Sorry.. it's getting harder & harder to deal with JW ~ watching trial videos a second time, you catch so many subtle lies missed the first time around.. horrible..)
I couldnt' agree more. I happened to start where JW was describing JA as intelligent, articulate (I think!) a photographer and .... :banghead::banghead: so I had to turn it off . Even then Nurmi was sitting with his knee on th desk. Oh and needless to say I watched JM *swoon*

I saw some comments earlier that gave me the impression that people were saying that ALV was reading from Travis' journals, but I thought his journals were missing and they have not been found. (They are probably somewhere with the knife and gun-wherever JA put them!).

Thanks!

I think Chris and Sky Hughes had them and were ordered to turn them over. :twocents:

Just watching opening argument on HLN by JW. Do they know for sure that Travis Alexander made that shirt for Jodi that says Tavis Alexander's? Or could Jodi have just made that and said Travis gave it to her?

Also, I heard MiMi's (?) testimony that a friend gave them the code to the garage and they went into Travis' house and the house was really smelly and then they got the roommate who was in the house to open Travis' locked bedroom door? Did the roommate not smell how gross the house smelled?

I sat in on the trial yesterday morning session and it was very surreal to see the jurors after having only watched this on TV and never seeing them. And next it was very strange to see Jodi. My daughter and I sat behind Jodi's mum.

Thanks!

I think Sky Hughes, a friend of Travis', had the journals. I remember reading some testimony that she had to turn them over to Det. Flores.

Snow White with a black eye of course, right?

Anyone remember that picture that Jodi drew of a beaten Snow White - that's the first thing I thought of when Juan brought that up yesterday.

I first saw JA's drawing of Snow White with a black eye last night on the 'Justice for Travis Alexander' Facebook page, and attempted to have a discussion about it on WS with whomever was up at 3AM est! (Thread #122, Post #1247, I think.) It actually sold on eBay for $885... seriously!

Here's another copy for this thread:

Attachments

• 17214_332494943520601_847035821_n[1].jpg
    17214_332494943520601_847035821_n[1].jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 40
Maybe someone with experience can answer this for me.

1) First date - everything is wonderful
2) Battered woman is isolated and abused

Here's what I don't get. Somewhere between #1 and #3, BEFORE this person is a victim, why not leave? I agree by the time they get to the very end, they are too involved and enmeshed to have the will to leave. But SOMEWHERE between there, when they notice things aren't going good, why not leave THEN?
In other words - where is the point of no return? Why not leave at the first hint of trouble?

I think almost everything in her journal was about Travis, which to me shows just how obsessed she was with him. It's obvious her entire world revolved around him. She was totally an obsessed stalker, IMO.
Yes it's obvious she wanted more from him than he would give. she should have accepted this and stayed away from him and gone on with her own life but sociopaths like i believe jodi is, lack empathy and only care about their ow feelings/needs.

Obviously she thought they'd be read or why bother with all the nonsense entries after TA was found dead? It wouldn't be difficult to create one journal in a couple of days and she had lots of time before being arrested.

YES!! And that is exactly how it should be presented to the jury.

Thanks!

I have been wondering the same thing. I thought they were missing too. Hopefully, someone has the answer.

I first saw JA's drawing of Snow White with a black eye last night on the 'Justice for Travis Alexander' Facebook page, and attempted to have a discussion about it on WS with whomever was up at 3AM est! (Thread #122, Post #1247, I think.) It actually sold on eBay for $885... seriously!

Here's another copy for this thread:
BBM I can't remember where I read it but people were bidding ridiculous amounts on the pictures to stop others from buying them but had no intention of paying for them.

Maybe someone with experience can answer this for me.

1) First date - everything is wonderful
2) Battered woman is isolated and abused

Here's what I don't get. Somewhere between #1 and #3, BEFORE this person is a victim, why not leave? I agree by the time they get to the very end, they are too involved and enmeshed to have the will to leave. But SOMEWHERE between there, when they notice things aren't going good, why not leave THEN?
In other words - where is the point of no return? Why not leave at the first hint of trouble?

Really low self esteem
Children are involved and the woman has nowhere else to go.
Woman was brought up in an abusive home and so it's normal.
The belief that he'll never do it again.
The belief that he'll change.
Alcohol/drug abuse.

Steely Dan, I just wanted to thank you for condensing ALV Snow White for me. I could not stand to watch the whole thing.
You did a wonderful job getting to the crux of her lecture.
Thank you again.

BBM

You're not the only one. The first video has 290 hits right now. The second one 10. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member