weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just got to get past Willmott's re-direct of ALV. I am already :facepalm: thinking about it.

We've got at least another week of ALV, then at least a week for rebuttal. To be on the safe side I'd say three weeks.

On a related note, whenever my boyfriend gets home from work, he asks me when this &$@%#ing trial will be over. I've been saying, "a couple weeks," for the last two months!

We've got at least another week of ALV, then at least a week for rebuttal. To be on the safe side I'd say three weeks.

On a related note, whenever my boyfriend gets home from work, he asks me when this &$@%#ing trial will be over. I've been saying, "a couple weeks," for the last two months!

:floorlaugh:

Nurmi seems out of it. I don't this case is personal for him. Willmott, on the other hand, seems to want a mentor/protégé relationship with Arias.

He seems disgusted by it actually. He won't even look at Miss Arias. I think he sits there daydreaming about how he is going to spend his $ once this is over. The only conflict he has is wanting it to end (due to his extreme dislike for his client), yet every day he is there adds to his slush fund.

ALV would have you believe that your boyfriend is being abusive. :what:

We discussed ice cream flavours. Katiecoolady knows all the Baskin Robbins flavours. And the reason, she claims, she knows them all so well is because her sister used to work there. :what:

Whoa.

You left out I and norest4thewicked had deep discussion on epistemology. (Including why good people can't understand how others can do such evil things.) :)

ALV would have you believe that your boyfriend is being abusive. :what:

Lol. That's right! Look at him, belittling my interests and hobbies, taking a scolding tone. Maybe I'll shoot him and stab him 29 times.

Lol. That's right! Look at him, belittling my interests and hobbies, taking a scolding tone. Maybe I'll shoot him and stab him 29 times.

I can just see your trial now! 100,000 pages of Websleuths' posts, all of us being subpoenaed to testify, ALV called to testilie about the abuse, KatieCL on the stand for 27 days, his family wearing ribbons with motorcycles or something, Steely showing up as a dancing bear . . . . we'll put this damn Arias trial to shame!!!!!

He seems disgusted by it actually. He won't even look at Miss Arias. I think he sits there daydreaming about how he is going to spend his $ once this is over. The only conflict he has is wanting it to end (due to his extreme dislike for his client), yet every day he is there adds to his slush fund.
When JA has a question for Nurmi at the end of the day though, he stands very close to her and there doesn't seem any contempt. He seems to find it uncomfortable to sit in the chairs - perhaps with his size and stomach. The other day in court he even twisted slightly to the side towards JA in order to avoid putting his knee on the desk. He gave up in the end and went back into directly facing ALV with his knee on the desk.

I can just see your trial now! 100,000 pages of Websleuths' posts, all of us being subpoenaed to testify, ALV called to testilie about the abuse, KatieCL on the stand for 27 days, his family wearing ribbons with motorcycles or something, Steely showing up as a dancing bear . . . . we'll put this damn Arias trial to shame!!!!!

Lololololol. Exhibit 125: an emu

That's pretty bad if you can't make a joke about the poor chairs they sit on.

But I guess the judge interpreted it as talking about the case (the witness' fee)
with other jurors--a no no in the strictest interpretation.

:floorlaugh:

When JA has a question for Nurmi at the end of the day though, he stands very close to her and there doesn't seem any contempt. He seems to find it uncomfortable to sit in the chairs - perhaps with his size and stomach. The other day in court he even twisted slightly to the side towards JA in order to avoid putting his knee on the desk. He gave up in the end and went back into directly facing ALV with this knee on the desk.

I agree. I'm not saying this in any way to make fun of his size but he doesn't look comfortable in those chairs. I think that's why he leans back and slouches a lot. It's not out of disrespect for the court, it's just that it's uncomfortable for him to sit up straight in those chairs.

Lol, it just occurred to me, if anyone should be sympathetic to a joke about uncomfortable chairs, it should be Nurmi!

I agree. I'm not saying this in any way to make fun of his size but he doesn't look comfortable in those chairs. I think that's why he leans back and slouches a lot. It's not out of disrespect for the court, it's just that it's uncomfortable for him to sit up straight in those chairs.
Yeah. I am not making fun of his size or build at all. He's just too big for those chairs.

I have a question regarding Gus' testimony. When JM asks him write down the name on a piece of paper, the Judge orders him to and he asks what happens if he refuses? Was the jury present for this? Thanks.

Yeah. I am not making fun of his size or build at all. He's just too big for those chairs.

How tall do you suppose he is? I notice JM doesn't quite come up to the top of his shoulder. I'm putting him at at least 6'5" and, what, 350 lbs. One big guy. Yeah, I can see where those chairs would be way too small.

How tall do you suppose he is? I notice JM doesn't quite come up to the top of his shoulder. I'm putting him at at least 6'5" and, what, 350 lbs. One big guy. Yeah, I can see where those chairs would be way too small.

I would guess 6'3".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member