weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can't do this early morning stuff. I'm sooooo not a morning person. I'm going to try to get more sleep. Hit you all up laterzzzz! (That's my ghetto talk) :)

You are a champ! I am never awake this early!

It is only because I have to and even if I didn't my dogs would never stand for it. As sooon as it is the least bit light out everyone is up and ready to go.
That is why I go to bed so early and have no idea who talks about what on here at night until I try and catch up in the morning which is hard because I am already at work.
Monday I will be having a nervous breakdown trying to keep up!

Forgive me, but what is the chair joke? TIA

In the clip posted by Gauntlet, the reporter states that "sources say" juror 5 was dismissed for saying, after Samuels' testimony, that "For $300/hr you'd think they could get us better chairs to sit in."
Who knows if true though.

Forgive me, but what is the chair joke? TIA

During Samuels' testimony it was revealed that he's being paid 300 dollars an hour. So apparently Juror #5 said that they spend 300 dollars and can't get them decent chairs or something to that effect. We don't know for a fact that she did say that though.

Huh. That cannot possibly be what she was kicked off for, can it?

OK I haven't as yet mentioned anything juror 5 related but this is the one and only time I will.

This isn't aimed at anyone Imparticular just the general consensus of internet/TV

I've seen a lot of people say oh she didn't want to draw attention away from the trial but she turns up etc, well if the subject was dropped completely and no one talked about it it wouldn't be but people continuously bring it up.

She has every right to be there just like you or I,she sure as heck has put a lot more in to this trial than any of us here or on TV.she had to sit through 9 weeks of the DTs carp,while we could just turn off she had to sit through it.she gave up her working wage to be (as far as I have heard) compensated with $12 a day.

Also None of us know the real reason why she was dismissed from the jury.

To the people who keep bringing up a mistrial,do you think if there was any chance of that the judge would have let her be there?

I've seen it said some places that she could cause a mistrial by just looking at jodi,seriously? Maybe she should have sat there blindfolded. Next thing she won't be allowed to breathe in jodis direction PUH-LESE.

Sorry rant over.
Just comes across that juror 5 is being picked on.

She hasn't spoken about the trial and so what if she does that her right, there is no gag order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OK I haven't as yet mentioned anything juror 5 related but this is the one and only time I will.

This isn't aimed at anyone Imparticular just the general consensus of internet/TV

I've seen a lot of people say oh she didn't want to draw attention away from the trial but she turns up etc, well if the subject was dropped completely and no one talked about it it wouldn't be but people continuously bring it up.

She has every right to be there just like you or I,she sure as heck has put a lot more in to this trial than any of us here or on TV.she had to sit through 9 weeks of the DTs carp,while we could just turn off she had to sit through it.she gave up her working wage to be (as far as I have heard) $12 a day.

Also None of us know the real reason why she was dismissed from the jury.

To the people who keep bringing up a mistrial,do you think if there was any chance of that the judge would have let her be there?

I've seen it said some places that she could cause a mistrial by just looking at jodi,seriously? Maybe she should have sat there blindfolded. Next thing she won't be allowed to breathe in jodis direction PUH-LESE.

Sorry rant over.
Just comes across that juror 5 is being picked on.

She hasn't spoken about the trial and so what if she does that her right, there is no gag order'

I agree. It's not her fault that we are talking about it!

Huh. That cannot possibly be what she was kicked off for, can it?

I'm not familiar enough with the standards of jury duty/courts to say. In this case, because it is a DP case and there are so many alternate jurors, I wonder if the judge just did it to placate Nurmi and prevent the issue from coming up on appeal.

I agree. It's not her fault that we are talking about it!

I don't normally rant but she seems like a nice lady.

If she cashes in on the situation good for her,she's lost plenty of $ over the last 9weeks

I'm not familiar enough with the standards of jury duty/courts to say. In this case, because it is a DP case and there are so many alternate jurors, I wonder if the judge just did it to placate Nurmi and prevent the issue from coming up on appeal.

I wonder that too. DP cases I think are very stringent but on the other hand look what has gone on in this one! It mimics CA trial. Kind of a circus.
I just do not think it should be allowed as this is serious s$$$.

I read on the facebook page that it was a joke related to her being in a fog. It's just a rumour at this point.

I would have never lasted. There is NO WAY I could sit through all that Fog testimony and not cracked a joke about it.

I read on the facebook page that it was a joke related to her being in a fog. It's just a rumour at this point.

Whatever the reason at least we will know when this trial is over. But now it is all just speculation.

Whatever the reason at least we will know when this trial is over. But now it is all just speculation.

Even searching Youtube now makes me laugh because you can search by Relevance. :facepalm:

Nurmi seems out of it. I don't this case is personal for him. Willmott, on the other hand, seems to want a mentor/protégé relationship with Arias.

What are you guys thinking in terms of how long this trial will go on? I would NOT be surprised to see it go another month. I feel for that Jury. Hell if I was on it my mind would have already been made up.

I was not even aware of this crime when it happened. I now realize I was caught up in the CA cluster**** at the time. When this went to trial....I watched the 48 hours interview and 2 interrogation tapes with Det. Flores (before I read here) and that was all I needed to see.

ETA: ALV is a disgrace.

Nurmi seems out of it. I don't this case is personal for him. Willmott, on the other hand, seems to want a mentor/protégé relationship with Arias.

Funny you should say that rose. Whenever I see him he just is sitting there farrrrr away from Jodi like he does not want to be anywhere near her.
And when there is a sidebar he runs up to the bench which he seems good at. Other than that I don't know.

What are you guys thinking in terms of how long this trial will go on? I would NOT be surprised to see it go another month. I feel for that Jury. Hell if I was on it my mind would have already been made up.

I was not even aware of this crime when it happened. I now realize I was caught up in the CA cluster**** at the time. When this went to trial....I watched the 48 hours interview and 2 interrogation tapes with Det. Flores (before I read here) and that was all I needed to see.

If they start Rebuttal next week then there is a chance that we could have the jury deliberating by the 25th.

Icommmented in an earlier post that I think Juan will sum it all up in short order as the evidence is there and she admitted to it.
The jury I think knows the fog is a ruse/lie. And Snow White is just a fairy tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487