weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Resignation is what I see in his face in that picture ...and I am heartbroken as well.

if someone made a habit of carrying ONE gas can, just in case, i could see that. but not 2 and certainly not 3. it's not like she was crossing the sahara desert with no gas stations for several hundred miles. it's just nonsense.

I so hope the PT shows how many gas stations were open for business along Jodi's route for a gas fill in AZ in June 2008. She acts like she was driving deserted roads.....with only a Starbucks every so often. :what:

15 gallons of gas, that's a lot of weight. It must have been a big trunk to get 3--5 gallon cans along with luggage and a case of Costco water!

The "gloves" keeping going around in my mind. JA first stated to DF while she was describing the Ninja's that they were wearing "gloves". On another interview while DF was asking her to please tell the truth, while she is telling DF that she would have had to shoot TA as not to kill him in a humane way, she also says ‘But I would have to wear gloves. For whatever reason, this is a sticking point for me. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

She was caught in her 'I was nowhere near there' lie.

She was now aware that LE had busted story number one and she had no choice but to let it go.

She had to come up with a story number 2, the now-infamous ridiculous and also-busted 'ski-masked and unidentifiable intruders on a mission but I couldn't tell you because they'd kill my family yesterday but not today', and make it fit the forensics of which she was now aware.

Jodi's prints were the only ones, besides Travis's, which could be placed within the action of the crime scene. In her second failed story, the only reason that her bloody palm print was there is because she was trying to help her dear friend who was being slaughtered by gloved intruders surprised by Jodi's presence at the scene. ["That's that girl from California," she quotes them as saying. LOL!]

The reason the intruders in her story wore gloves is because they left no print evidence. It's that simple.

She must have thought -- I reiterate, JA's thoughts, not mine -- that Flores was just one more naïve LDS-er upon which she could prey. Her journal implies as much.

I think worldly-wise and progressive Californian Jodi was surprised at the ready ease with which their community loved and accepted her upon and following her conversion. In her mind, she would be able to continue to hoodwink them, playing them all -- including the investigators -- for fools, as she had done with Travis, Ryan, Leslie, Dan, Desiree, Chris, Skye et al.

She was wrong about Det. Flores. He was onto her from the start.

And now she's on cockamamie story number three and facing the needle.

Well, you can't say she hasn't earned it.

Wilmotts is sure spending alot of time! repeating re crossing, for long torturous days. Over and over as if the jurors are dummies and need it pounded into them.

Maybe she was in part trying to keep the witness on the stand to annoy and prevent juan from getting his turn.
I'm sure the DTis dreading it. When he turn comes around. They know hes just that good.

Lol funny if they returned a verdict within an hour. Guilty it's degree

I'm listening to Day 2 Part 2 of the trial. JM is questioning the Crime Scene Examiner and at 1:19:20 I heard something I hadn't heard before. As she is describing the items found in Travis's washing machine she mentions a towel and then the camera and THEN mentions the memory card and the digital door which would house the card inside the camera. It seems these items were separate from the camera. I'd always thought the memory card was found inside the camera. So perhaps she did intend to wash her prints and DNA off of the camera by putting it through a wash cycle, but after removing the memory card (which she intended to take with her) she dropped it in the washing machine, as well. God is in the details.
Can you imagine how pi$$ed off she must have been knowing that Travis would be taking his brand new camera with him to Cancun...and that it would be another woman who would be the "object" of his attention? I wouldn't be surprised if she put the camera in the wash just to stick it to Travis just one more time.

Schuby, Oh, I'm not criticizing the attorneys, by all means. I just don't how the lawyers can do it, that's all, except by lying. I know everyone is entitled to a lawyer and that's the way it should be. I'm also saying that the lawyer would be looking at all the evidence and if he feels that his client is guilty, how does he go about defending him?

just jumping off your post. it wasn't addressed to me, i know. and i won't get into my opinion of what defense attorneys actually do, because i've made my opinion known about that.

but i think i read willmott went directly into defense work from law school. what happens a lot down here, and i assume other places, is new attorneys join the district attorney's office and prosecute cases. after they learn the ropes and see what goes on in a criminal case, they go out and practice defense law. if you're good at it, there's money in it----if you're REALLY good at it, there's a LOT of money in it.

whereas the prosecutors downtown who slog away aren't getting paid much at all. unless they have political aspirations and aspire to be district attorney or a judge, the DA's office is full of younger prosecutors because a lot of them don't stay.

there are exceptions, of course. this is just kind of how it works where i live. but when i see a guy like JM, who's done NOTHING but prosecute for all his 44 years, i know this is a true believer. no switching sides for a guy like him. he really believes in what he does, and it's one reason i admire him so much.

Question.

Did ALV ever mention things other than the "chaotic pattern" photo that Jodi used to embellish her claims of pedophilia? The braids and the, um, hairlessness that JA claimed Travis demanded?

Lol funny if they returned a verdict within an hour. Guilty it's degree

I had a dream last night that the trial ended and I thought to myself, "ok, I can set this aside for a while," but then remembered, "oh, yeah, this is gonna be a fast verdict! Better keep tabs on the news!"

Let's hope that proves prescient!

ITA, Schuby, and I'd just add that there's a big difference between providing the best defense possible and suborning perjury. Lots of defense attorneys do the best they can for their clients either knowing or suspecting that they are in fact guilty. In the case of court appointed attorneys, they do not have the luxury of simply refusing to represent them (as witnessed by Nurmi's inability to recuse himself from this case.)

In my view, sometimes people assume that defense attorneys are involved in suborning perjury and engaging in all manner of knowingly illegal acts. Naturally, that's not only reprehensible, it's illegal, and anyone guilty should face prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

We don't need to like the defense theory in any particular case, but taking a step to suggesting that it is a product of deliberate illegality is a whole different story. For my part, I demand proof of any such wrongdoing and will vigorously reject any attempt to claim that such is not necessary to cast dispersion or innuendo on any attorneys working on either side.

Just for the record, and for the umpteenth time, I do not like the defense offered by JA, but I maintain it is her fabrication and the defense strategy is stuck trying to float that lead balloon.

:cow:

May I offer up that Nurmi only made the pretense of getting off the case. When he requested it, the Judge told him he knew the the proper way to do that. Nurmi finally filed the papers and the Judge told him you know you are suppose to find the lawyer to take over the case. Nurmi finally finds the lawyer and it is too close to the start date and the Judge denied it. iirc

He isn't a new lawyer. He either wanted it to look like he didn't want this case or it was a way to delay, or both. imo

(Bolding mine)

Heh, that was exactly the case on the trial where I was a juror. We were nearly clueless when it came to how to select one. It was only a week-long trial, but we hadn't said 5 words to each other the whole time and had no idea who of us was who. We tossed around options and even had to vote on a method before proceeding...!

It was the same for the trial when I was a juror. We didn't even know the names of the twelve of us. We decided to put our juror numbers in front of each of us and then everyone votes for one person by their number. Juror with the most votes gets to be the foreperson.

Yes I was just there lol he has several. I love this guy he is hilarious.:floorlaugh:
In one video he addresses the complaints from people that think she has some good in her, so he writes her a pretend letter lol. He has one with a timeline.

No doubt in my mind he is a WSer...or at least he lurks here :seeya:
I totally get his "Yan can Cook" references...its okay to laugh.

Not sure if this has been posted. I need to catch up and for some reason was reading backwards o.0

Dr Phil denies bankrolling Jodi Arias' family in exchange for notes on her trial calling claims 'absolutely untrue'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-claims-absolutely-untrue.html#ixzz2PozlwGoG

Yes, I think this is the same Dr. Phil who SWORE that George and Cindy Anthony would not receive a PENNY from thier interviews with him. Just sayin'.

Can you imagine how pi$$ed off she must have been knowing that Travis would be taking his brand new camera with him to Cancun...and that it would be another woman who would be the "object" of his attention? I wouldn't be surprised if she put the camera in the wash just to stick it to Travis just one more time.

And there are TWO of the 1,000 places to visit within a two hour drive of Cancun!

just jumping off your post. it wasn't addressed to me, i know. and i won't get into my opinion of what defense attorneys actually do, because i've made my opinion known about that.

but i think i read willmott went directly into defense work from law school. what happens a lot down here, and i assume other places, is new attorneys join the district attorney's office and prosecute cases. after they learn the ropes and see what goes on in a criminal case, they go out and practice defense law. if you're good at it, there's money in it----if you're REALLY good at it, there's a LOT of money in it.

whereas the prosecutors downtown who slog away aren't getting paid much at all. unless they have political aspirations and aspire to be district attorney or a judge, the DA's office is full of younger prosecutors because a lot of them don't stay.

there are exceptions, of course. this is just kind of how it works where i live. but when i see a guy like JM, who's done NOTHING but prosecute for all his 44 years, i know this is a true believer. no switching sides for a guy like him. he really believes in what he does, and it's one reason i admire him so much.

25 years...he hasn't prosecuted for 44 yrs :) And you are right....its clear this is what he wants to do, otherwise he would have moved on long ago. Say whatever about his style but he wouldn't have such a great case record or such a long career if he wasn't successful.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

No doubt in my mind he is a WSer...or at least he lurks here :seeya:
I totally get his "Yan can Cook" references...its okay to laugh.
Mikee
Seems to be very popular on Youtube. He adds humor to make sense of this senseless murder,

May I offer up that Nurmi only made the pretense of getting off the case. When he requested it, the Judge told him he knew the the proper way to do that. Nurmi finally filed the papers and the Judge told him you know you are suppose to find the lawyer to take over the case. Nurmi finally finds the lawyer and it is too close to the start date and the Judge denied it. iirc

He isn't a new lawyer. He either wanted it to look like he didn't want this case or it was a way to delay, or both. imo

He still refused until they offered to pay his private practice salary

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

In case anyone missed Darrlys testimony, he did say Jodi told him she was going to Arizona.

I have a young attorney in my family that loves criminal law. He started as a prosecutor in a small town and loved it But after he got married, he moved to a bigger city that already had a fully staffed State's Attorney team.

He's been working as a public defender because they were hiring, but is still planning to return to prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey