weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't see her face, I only saw the back of her head...do you think she imploded? The exchange was very weird, and I thought the laughter was very strange.

You couldnt see her face, and you have to listen really closely. I think she was just overwhelmed at that moment and probably frustrated and upset because after all the time they spent on this case, she was realizing it was OVER

May I just say, from your avatar to your comments to your signage, I find you a delightful addition to our newbies! Welcome a 'board'! :goodpost:::welcome3::

picgifs-35-6e3f5ad7c10972ae7576636824f4ca257e7b5cad.gif
....Think I will fit right in. Feels like Home!!

You are all so wonderful for your thoughts and words. Thank you. I'm touched by your kindness.

I'm just going to post this picture of her as I knew her ... way back in 1999 at a fruit stand in the center of town. That smile is how she looked almost all the time.

8643509761_603dce0e52_z.jpg

InALandFarFarAway...YOU are a wonderful HUMAN =D So sorry for your tragic loss of your friend and her baby girl. ((((((HUGS)))))

:seeya:
minor4th, how did you get the video embedded with the exact time you wanted to show?
I usually just gives a link when I do that.
Please do tell...

Doesn't sound the same with the 'please' in there but didn't want to sound abusive. ;)

I just clicked on the button where it was on the little bar thing, and it gave me an option to copy the URL at the current location ...and that's how it came out. I think it's a new Youtube feature.

Just seems to me ALV's arrogance allow her to believe she can just do what she wants.

- Speaks over Judge when there is an objection
- Admits to lying on the stand
- Approaches a member of the victim's family
- Asks to use the bathroom in the middle of testimony
- Gets on the stand but forgets to bring her glasses

Did i miss anything?

I really think she has been a huge pain in the backside for everyone involved in the trial, including the DT.

I still cannot believe her cell phone went off in the middle of court. She was an atrocious witness. I cannot believe the defense kept her on the stand for as long as they did.

She also mentioned referring to something to find out the friend who said she "played the victim" was from ELEMENTARY school, not high school. :twocents:

And for pete's sake did anyone ever correct her on the incident where she kicked her mother?? it was NOT when she was a teenager..she was a GROWN *advertiser censored** WOMAN when she chose to do that!

You couldnt see her face, and you have to listen really closely. I think she was just overwhelmed at that moment and probably frustrated and upset because after all the time they spent on this case, she was realizing it was OVER
I agree. Plus the fact that Jodi isn't doing anything to help herself. The tweets and the eye rollling couldn't have made the DT happy. ALV doesn't seem to notice that Jodi couldn't care less about her either.

That is what I believe is happening also. The jury questions speak volumes and I doubt it is only a couple of jurors submitting them. All the defense can really do now is TRY to come up with an excellent closing argument, and that most likely will not happen.

MOO

I didn't hear JW crying, but she definitely sounded disheartened. I wonder what genius decided to put twice as many men as women in the jury pool of 18, especially given ALV's known biases.

If you watch the youtube videos of her you'll hear her talk about women in prison for killing or injuring a man in their life, and how she visits them and I think there is some project she is involved in called prisoners of matrimony, or something like that. She talks about one woman she is involved with that is getting out of prison for harming a man after a very long time, and how wonderful it is that she will finally have her freedom. She also makes a joke about hiring a female hit man to do your spouse, because we want women to have higher paying jobs. It's a bit of a stretch, but I found it disturbing just how deeply she seems to have immersed herself in this 1960-70s radical feminist movement ideology that is centered around a sense of universal unfairness that men exist, are stronger, and have done well for themselves in this world. Maybe she just wants to be one, I don't know. So, yeah, I don't see her caring about Travis or any other man who runs afoul of a vengeful woman. She seems to lack empathy for men, in general. Is there such a thing as a gender specific antisocial personality disorder? Blah blah... I'm rambling. Great day for justice, today. Great insights and jokes and snark on WS today as well. I'm outta here. :seeya:
Awesome rambling! I couldn't get too far into her videos after the Snow White debacle (okay, really, I didn't want to) but reading excerpts of her book alone displayed a rigid 'victims can do no wrong ever' mentality. And well, that isn't quite true. I'd say their behaviors and actions while in abuse, or just coming out of it, should be viewed through that lens though.

Still, it will always come back to being so simple that a domestic violence expert, of all people, actually stated stalking could only be defined based upon a victim's response. (I really can't emote how disturbing that is - on a very personal level to me, gender aside totally.) :(

OT: Does HLN pay for the rights to have a camera in the courtroom? If so, does the money go to Maricopa County? Towards the salaries of the Defense Team? And that of the Expert witnesses? Just wondering. TIA

Wow. Wonder what that was about?

I think it's easy to forget that real lives are at stake here, and that the defense attorneys are real people trying to do their job, fighting against the odds. How would you like to be Wilmott and be responsible for trying to save JA's life? And after years of hard work, see the handwriting on the wall?

It can't be easy.

I just would like to say that I really like Det. Flores..he seems like a stand-up guy with a lot of integrity.
And, just wondering, why is it that JM always refers to himself in the third person when he questions his witnesses. ex: Do you want to spar with the prosecutor?

Any witness who is testifying is suppose to respect the office of the prosecutor regardless of what your personal feeling are for the man/woman. You duty is to respect his office, questions, etc. ALV has total disregarded her obligation as an expert witness by not answering questions directly, making snarly remarks and by being untruthful.

She most certainly was. Judge basically told her to shut up when she started whining too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to the discussion so apologies in advance if this has been addressed. Didn't ALV start to tell the judge she might be getting test results back and therefore may not be available on Mon/Tues next week? And then the judge said "I don't want to hear about your personal problems" or something to that effect?
TIA:fence:

Another question that I have that I can't seem to find the answer to is the info about DB posting Twitter posts for JA. This just doesn't seem right somehow, but I don't know what the law says about it. If it goes, we are going to see thousands of prisoners with Twitter accounts in the coming years. Very creepy!

I think she's gonna say something self-incriminating and her lawyers aren't happy about it so I'm all for it.

I am behind in posts...
But

Respectfully ....please stop bashing juror 11 on his attire. We haven't even seen him yet. Goodness. OUR court observers loved him....

Who cares what he wore. I hope he feels better, and I hope its not too serious.

:cow:

AGREE!

I'm behind too and so I'm not sure what he wore, but it can't be any worse than Nurmi's technicolor dream suits, the Mitigation lady's low cut tops, or that one Arias friend that was dressed like she was heading to the freakshow after Court...

Unless he was naked or wearing a shirt that said "I love Jodi," how a Juror who has given selflessly given of his time in order to fulfill his civic duty dresses is irrelevant, IMO. I'm pretty sure what he wears has no bearing on his ability to be fair and unbiased.

I am sure this has already been posted but what is the issue that ALV has to come back for on tuesday? Real life gets in the way and I havn't been able to read the post so any feedback would be welcomed..thanks in advance...
btw..I just watched the video this evening and I love that the judge doesn't want to hear about any of ALV personal problems..and I think that for once the judge speaks the truth!

from what I heard I think Laviollette has some sort of medical tests she has to have on Monday but they haven't made the other "issue" public yet. I'm hoping it deals with her perjuring herself in her answer to the jury about how many times she's testified on behalf of men in a criminal case.

I love the judge .. I saw a lot of care and kindness in her today as well as appropriate firmness and frustration. She has been patient with this witness up until now, but her patience has worn out. I liked her kindness towards Willmott today too. I look forward to her summary at sentencing.

So, I'd like the opinion of those who were watching more closely than me today.

It sounds like ALV read that May 26th text and decided she really, really, really did not like Travis. And after that she just saw abuse, deception and generally bad behavior by Travis no matter what he did.

Does that sum it up?

My husband just got a jury duty notification. In our little corner of the world, this is what it said about What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for the courtroom. Shorts, tank tops, thong sandals, and bare midriffs are not allowed in court. Do not bring pocket knives or weapons with you. Do not bring children with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator