weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for all you WS's...How is it that a verbal "rant" cannot be shorter than a "rant" in text form? Are you kidding me? His 3 hr long "rant" wasn't taking place for literally 3 hours was it? I can't believe she would really think that in a conversation this "rant" wouldn't be much shorter...

I had just eaten a fine lunch when she said that.

:furious:

The jury is definitely smart. They caught on that there were no fudged violence entries because she didn't come up with that until years later when she was already in jail by then. Nothing gets by them.

I think it's pretty common that abused women do not know they are being abused. It's one of the many things Alyce said that shows me she knows what she is talking about.

Everyone says, she had so little information. She had thousands of pages of texts, email, and interviews that neither we nor the Jury will ever see.

Notice JM kept trying to detract from that with his, You believe a liar? No, she never even had to talk to Jodi Arias in person to arrive at her conclusions. She had just about the best evidence anybody could ever hope for in determining a relationship--hundreds of pages of their own words.
IMO

There are, in fact, women that are so horribly abused, that they do not realize it. They can become numb to it.

Then again, there are others, who do not think they are abused, because THEY ARE NOT BEING ABUSED. Like the killer.

I think you are correct, she Was crying. I wondered why JA was moving forward, and it makes sense that she was probably going to comfort JW.

I missed this, does anybody have video link and time for me to see this interaction for myself? TIA!

BBM:

:blushing: I so remember sitting in the courtroom in Woburn and hearing about the knife that the murderer "planned to use on himself" but didn't ...'cause it would HURT! rather like this defendant and her "razor attempt suicide"!
Peeps on the side of justice were RAGING with LOVE for R & L's victory against the killer, believe & take comfort in that, InaLand!

Yes, soooo many similarities. And her Mom and stepfather were so strong, sitting in the courtroom bringing with them all that love for R&L, with grace so like the Alexanders. These cases are so close in so many ways.

I hope the verdict will be swift and fierce so there is justice for Travis and his loved ones.

Most interesting thing to me is the "At the Conclusion of this course, you'll be better able to:" There is nothing there! Now we know what the meaning of there means...nothing! Priceless.

My favorite is, "The sooner you register the more you'll save!"

Hustle much Alyce?

I meant she knows her stuff about DV.

I def believe she is being bias not only in her responses, but her body language and eye contact around also.

IMO she can only come to the conclusion of her foundations based on what was given to her. She's not a sleuther and watching HLN as a hobby I bet.

With respect...I COMPLETELY disagree. She does NOT know her stuff and nothing she has testified to in this trial lends me to believe she knows her stuff.

She makes generalized statements about abuse that anyone picking up a DV pamphlet in the subway could regurgitate. She simply refuses to see anything JA has done as indicative of being an abusive person herself.

When she said that Travis was NOT a victim of domestic violence I completely lost all respect for her.

I think she was pissed and surprised for some reason at how bad the jury questions, and she was in a panic and just got so frustrated and freaked out -- but didn't it sound like she was kind of crying when she said "break" and the judge was very prompt in calling the break

When you dance with the Devil you gotta know it's not going to end well...

I made a many piece video about The Defense team using an appalling tactic in the trial and it won't upload!!! I'll have to remake it!!! :banghead:

Well, I do not claim to have personal knowledge of any of this. I am only reporting what I have read. KCL was very specific about concerns regarding information at this point. She did refer to knowing certain things she would not discuss, and to information the family has. As to the specific reason for ALV's return, though, I have seen nothing but speculation.

I didn't think you did have personal knowledge. But the family and the media involved certainly do and it's not confidential since it's a public hearing in open court. There's no reason not to say what it's about unless the parties involved don't want to. That's my only point. It could easily be cleared up with no "fallout," but it isn't. Again.

I have a question for all you WS's...How is it that a verbal "rant" cannot be shorter than a "rant" in text form? Are you kidding me? His 3 hr long "rant" wasn't taking place for literally 3 hours was it? I can't believe she would really think that in a conversation this "rant" wouldn't be much shorter...

Exactly! Acts like it went on and on for three hours.

She also doesn't seem to understand that a 16 page text does not translate to 16 pages of paper. Texts are much smaller.

I see "jerk." The first time I watched it, I thought the same as you. But I watched it again, and you can see her lips forming the j.

hmm...when "getting your mouth ready" (kindergarten teacher term) to make the /j/ sound you don't use your lips..you use your teeth...u put them together and the sound comes from within...as opposed to like the /m/ sound where u must curl both lips around your teeth to get ur mouth ready to make that sound...I didn't see it...I think she was just exhaling and such. jmo =D

I don't think ALV coming back has anything to do with her approaching the family. That doesn't affect the trial and I don't see why it would need to be addressed again.

I think it has to do with the motion for a mistrial due to her being harassed.

The vast preponderance of those thousands of pages were written or said by the liar, herself.

That's simply not true. In fact, Jodi's journal was not much help to her.

The majority of the evidence is Jodi and Travis talking back and forth, all day, every day, for months.

Plus interviews with friends, family, former boyfriends, former girlfriends, Travis journals, Travis blogs.

Like she kept saying, she did not need one word from Jodi Arias herself to arrive at her conclusions.

I think because you have never seen what she has seen you might think it doesn't exist. For some reason, the court is not allowing us to see it. But, it exists. That was made clear.

IMO

Seems to me the logical reason ALV is coming back to testify is due to the motion for mistrial. I think ALV was trying to tell JSS she was going to the doctor for further tests Monday, being her reason for not making Monday when JSS stopped her from saying it.

Makes me nervous that JSS ordered the jurors back at 130 Monday but then told then to have their cellphones around just in case.

I haven't been as nervous about any of the previous mistrial motions as I am of this one....for some reason.

I am wondering if maybe the jury's appearance on monday is questionable bc JSS left it up to ALV if she prefers to come in Monday or Tuesday. So perhaps the judge may call them to not come in bc ALV won't be there. Just a thought....

Can someone please direct me to this JW freak out? Pleaseeeeeeeee?

I didn't think you did have personal knowledge. But the family and the media involved certainly do and it's not confidential since it's a public hearing in open court. There's no reason not to say what it's about unless the parties involved don't want to. That's my only point. It could easily be cleared up with no "fallout," but it isn't. Again.

The parties involved owe no one here or the public anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! Acts like it went on and on for three hours.

She also doesn't seem to understand that a 16 page text does not translate to 16 pages of paper. Texts are much smaller.

She has the words, she has the time they were sent, and she has the date.

It's pretty easy to figure out the length of time.

Everything is timestamped and dated.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members