weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels good to be decompressing and joking. What a long short day this was. Very eventful. I am glad we have the weekend to just chill and not try to discuss the case with threads flying fast and out of control.

I love ya'll, even when we don't agree.

Ditto!

Just jumping off the t shirt with skull comment, not getting at you or anything!!
I've seen dress shirts and collared shirts with a little (or big) skull design on them. So maybe that's what he had on.

I really don't care what they wear to be honest. I feel bad for them for being there so long and dealing with all the BS.

I'm with you. A suit and tie doesn't guarantee that a juror takes his civic duty seriously and just because someone doesn't already own/can't afford a wardrobe of "court appropriate" attire doesn't make them unsuited to serve. There is so much else to worry about, let them wear what they want.

These two female defense attorneys on JVM are ridiculous. One of them is ranting ' WHO leaked the story that ALV went to the hospital??? !!'

Ummm...actually, it was ALV's good friend who told a reporter that.

Yeah and one of them says ALV wouldn't lie on the stand for $250 A DAY.
Do they ever watch the trial ????

It seemed like Jodi's demeanor changed dramatically after the jury questions. She started crying (I know she does that all the time) and it seems like she knows it is over. She knows the jury does NOT believe her.

This morning, peeps were discussing whether she was medicated or not. IMO, she was highly sedated. At one point, I started to wonder if she was going to have a full meltdown in court. She really looked like she was going to lose it.

Re-watching testimony from earlier, gotta admit I love it when the judge says Mr. Martinez you may cross and the witness is like .....
tumblr_ktnaa0utuw1qa2i2xo1_400.gif

forgets to turn her cell phone off - too old fashioned to know how it works
she said that the gun went off in the closet - oops
she said the knife was on the bedside table - oops
she claimed to have testified for one or two men in criminal trials - LIAR

There are sooooo many. It's like shootin' Jodi in a barrel.

How about her many misunderstands and misspoken moments whenever she is confronted by a JA lie, I mean inconsistency, like when she first said JA told her the images Travis was masturbating to were on the computer, opps I misspoke, I meant paper images and when she told her the shooting was in the closet, opps I misspoke, it was in the bathroom?

If anyone knows about this model of camera, please verify....

I had read somewhere some months ago that this camera which Travis purchased for his trip to Cancun was able to photograph underwater. If this is true it would explain why it wasn't damaged in the washing machine.

In addition to divine intervention, of course.

:waitasec:

No, not waterproof itself but Sony sold a waterproof housing, an accessory which this discontinued model and others would fit into.

The camera might not fare well in a wash cycle but those little SD cards are mighty resilient. No moving parts, so you'd need to cut or burn one to render the digital data unrecoverable.

I'm with you. A suit and tie doesn't guarantee that a juror takes his civic duty seriously and just because someone don't already own/can't afford a wardrobe of "court appropriate" attire doesn't make them unsuited to serve. There is so much else to worry about, let them wear what they want.

Exactly and thank you!
As long as they do what they are supposed to do, it doesn't matter what they wear or what they look like.

My DH was annoying me looking for something called "dinner" tonight. After reminding him that today is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, I was able to convince him that in order to celebrate, that was for dinner. :)

Someone over at wildabouttrials said ALV is back on Tues...WHAT????:banghead:

This morning, peeps were discussing whether she was medicated or not. IMO, she was highly sedated. At one point, I started to wonder if she was going to have a full meltdown in court. She really looked like she was going to lose it.

I don't think that should be allowed. I think she should have to listen to every single sordid detail and question. She should have her eyes wide open to her actions.
Hell I would love to be "medicated" everyday just to get through life!

Re-watching testimony from earlier, gotta admit I love it when the judge says Mr. Martinez you may cross and the witness is like .....
tumblr_ktnaa0utuw1qa2i2xo1_400.gif

This may be the best gif yet.

From that article:

"Moreover, the public have not been nearly as vocal in ascribing pecuniary motives to others involved in Ms. Arias near $2 million defense. Attributing her [ALV] motives to greed has no basis in fact; it is a presumption based on speculation."

Without any prompting, ALV volunteered today that her retirement account needed some help, so it's not speculation to think she took the case because of the money and the free advertising for her book's new edition release this month.

I don't think she was sedated, but maybe she got told to quit the middle finger salutes, twitter postings etc and she's just not speaking to them today... I haven't seen her whispering in JW's ear today.

Does anyone know if the gun/bullets that JA possibly stole from her grandparents the same size/type that was used to shoot TA? thanks ia

My DH was annoying me looking for something called "dinner" tonight. After reminding him that today is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, I was able to convince him that in order to celebrate, that what was for dinner. :)

Mine said the same thing!! Minus Grill Cheese!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove