weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Ms. Wilmott's rattled condition most likely began yesterday while reviewing the juror questions prior to posting them to ALV. Trying to be unbiased, those questions were not in any way positive toward the defense of Ms. Arias that I could hear. I believe the defense team viewed ALV as the best hope for keeping Ms. Arias off death row. I would agree with that point but I also believe Ms. ALV did not succeed.

Ms. ALVs responses were as effective as Jodi's, just repeat the same bs and not worry about addressing the question. Seems painfully obvious to me if the question shows doubt that one should realize readily that the message was not well received the first time. Even watching Jodi yesterday and today, it seems to be sinking in that the jury is not buying into this story. The fact that Ms. ALV only had a face to face interview opportunity with a confessed liar, was far too much to overcome. It is obvious her assessment of this situation was both incomplete and totally tilted in Jodi's favor. The jury already knows it cannot believe Ms. Arias, why should they believe a person who interviews only Jodi and spouts off a bunch of stuff when the physical evidence defies a "defensive episode". The awful character assassination of Travis by ALV was uncalled for and unsupported. The jury knows that.

No wonder Ms. Wilmott was having trouble, her client is, most likely at a minimum going away for the rest of her life at best, and it seems possible the rest of her life might be less than natural - JMO.

Just an FYI. I found out earlier today, HLN was reading questions off FB, that ONLY JA, Nurmi & Wilmott got to review the jury notes. ALV is not privy to any of them.

I would agree if he were an officer of the court, a witness, a party, etc. This guy is a captive audience stuck doing a civic duty we have no idea if he wanted to do and still stuck there past the time the court projected he would be.

I have no problem with wardrobe of jurors.

My only concern is are they listening? Are they thoughtful? Are they taking it all in? Are they taking what is being put before them seriously?

Maybe I am old fashioned but I think people should dress appropiately for court and so does Judge Judy. lol

Skulls and crossbones just do not seem to cut it.

I would never expect him or anyone to buy a whole new wardrobe. Ever hear of doing laundry? It's only been 40 some days of court. Regardless, I just think it is a given to dress appropriately for court. :twocents: IMO t-shirts with skulls is not.

Just jumping off the t shirt with skull comment, not getting at you or anything!!
I've seen dress shirts and collared shirts with a little (or big) skull design on them. So maybe that's what he had on.

I really don't care what they wear to be honest. I feel bad for them for being there so long and dealing with all the BS.

thanks lil_buddy, excellent article on mobbing.

Another reason I am glad we have the mods and the rules we do here.

I would agree if he were an officer of the court, a witness, a party, etc. This guy is a captive audience stuck doing a civic duty we have no idea if he wanted to do and still stuck there past the time the court projected he would be.

I have no problem with wardrobe of jurors.

My only concern is are they listening? Are they thoughtful? Are they taking it all in? Are they taking what is being put before them seriously?

It's ok to disagree. It seems several do. I guess it is just me, when I was a juror, I felt it was important to dress appropriately. :twocents:

Why? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK, I guess I just find comedy outside the wheelhouse of JVM. Personal bias, I suppose. I'd rather see Kirsten Wiig, doing a spoof of JVM, doing the "interrogation." Now, that would be funny.

I have yet to find the part of the tape where the Judge tells ALV she doesn't want to hear about her personal problems (scheduling)...

Does anyone know where I can see the clip of JW getting flustered today and asking for a break?

Did ALV even talk to JA about the murder? Too old-fashioned for that maybe? Wouldn't want to hurt her feelings?

JA probably told her that Travis tackled her and fell on her knife (that she didn't have) 29 times and while he was falling the knife jumped out of her hand and slit his throat and then knocked the gun out of the closet, where it went off when it hit the ground.

Einstein didn't know it was waterproof? Priceless...

If what I heard is true, it certainly would be priceless!!

I do know even Kodak made some waterproof disposable cameras so it wouldn't surprise me.

:)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H9, retails now for around $1500 but in 2008, maybe $2k? Just guessing about the old price.

I saw it on the news and remember looking it up on Amazon and it was bookmarked ... never know when any trial tidbit will be useful. lol

Originally $475 retail in 2007, now discontinued. The item isn't for sale by Amazon but by a reseller trading through Amazon. It is a sign of the times that 'new old stock' can command high prices for their rarity.

It isn't particularly special. JA's Canon Rebel would have been slightly more. HTH

I have yet to find the part of the tape where the Judge tells ALV she doesn't want to hear about her personal problems (scheduling)...

It is at the very end of today's testimony.

It feels good to be decompressing and joking. What a long short day this was. Very eventful. I am glad we have the weekend to just chill and not try to discuss the case with threads flying fast and out of control.

I love ya'll, even when we don't agree.

Originally Posted by Boodles
JM: Ma'am, it is 6:00, isn't it?

ALV: I can't answer that question. There are two hands on the clock, and they move. They are moving now, even though it's imperceptible. So I cannot say yes, it's not a yes or no answer.

JM: ma'am, the big hand is on the 12 and the shorter one is on the 6, correct? Yes or no.

ALV: It depends what you mean, Mr Martinez, by "the big hand" and "the shorter one." And what do you mean by "on"? Are you trying to trick me? I just can't answer the question. I don't know what you are asking. A clock has moving parts and numbers. There are different types of clocks, digital and analog. And there are time zones...

JM: I didn't ask you whether a clock has moving parts. Did I ask you that? Did I ask you about time zones? Ma'am, you do know how to tell time, don't you?

ALV: Yes, Mr Martinez, I can tell time, but I am here to talk about domestic violence, Mr Martinez, so when you ask me if its 6:00, I am confused about where you're going.

JM: Judge, non-responsive. Please instruct the witness...

JW pops to her feet: Judge, may we approach?

JSS: You may.

Stomp stomp strut strut ==>sidebar ==> 5 minutes of white noise

Stomp stomp strut strut back to chairs.

JSS: Ladies and gentlemen, we are taking a recess for 10 minutes.

30 minutes pass

JM: ma'am, is the time now 6:40? Yes or no.

ALV: the big hand is on the 40 and the little hand is between the 6 and the 7, closer to the 7, so it's 6:40.

Had to bring this over from the previous thread because everyone needs to see it. Hilarious!!!

And, By The Way, Mr. Martinez ...

Nurmi seemed absolutely USELESS at the time. He should have done something to assist or to head things off at the pass. Imo, he could have handed her a note telling her to take a break or slow down or something. But he just sat there like a lump on a log. Some partner.

IMO, it was very very very obvious he checked out a loooooooooong time ago. I hardly ever saw him engaged with JW once she took over. No notes, no whispers, nothing.....he was just biding his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove