weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wears that to court? :rolleyes: Well besides him?

I saw a witness come dressed to court in a big snake T-shirt. He was there to testify against a sleazy defendant who had screwed him over. I thought his silent statement was genius. :biggrin:

I agree with you and hope she gets LWOP...I feel a bit different then you do, I think the DP should be for someone that murders 2 or more people, mass murderers and serial killers.

Plus after all the appeals of the DP that JA will apply for it will cost more money than if they would have just given her LWOP in the first place. MOO and all that.

BBM...Bothers me too:cry::nerves:

I'd be OK with LWOP if and only if Arias spent the rest of her days in isolation with very little contact with the rest of the inmates. Given what she has done and the heinous nature of the crime, she has forfeited her right to participate in society and that to me means any society.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

Been watching JVM...Dr. Dale Archer (psychologist) does not think ALV did anything to benefit the defense. A former prosecutor also believes JA has "earned herself" the DP.
:D

NG on now...

I do too! I heard she was writing again today.

No jury will ever convict me

I hope no jury will ever convict me

I don't think this jury will convict me

Oh Crap. This jury is going to convict me!

It seemed like Jodi's demeanor changed dramatically after the jury questions. She started crying (I know she does that all the time) and it seems like she knows it is over. She knows the jury does NOT believe her.

Jodi celebrating Alyce believing all of the "BS stories" she told her

image.jpg

A thought occurred to me that JA nixed the other experts the DT wanted to hire because JA recognized in them ethics. We know that narcissists and psychopaths target "vulnerable" individuals - could it be JA saw in ALV that vulnerability (i.e. lack of ethics)?

YOU could be totally correct!

someone here posted that they have jury duty coming up....is there anything on the form that you received that states to dress appropriately for court? I seem to remember when my hubby went a few years ago, that it stated as such....just wondering

I started out dressing up... Trial lasted a little over a month. All but one juror started wearing jeans and comfy clothes after the first week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a witness come dressed to court in a big snake T-shirt. He was there to testify against a sleazy defendant who had screwed him over. I thought his silent statement was genius. :biggrin:

Some TH on HLN said he had to tell his DUI client to turn his Budweiser Tshirt inside out before he went in the court room.

So, I'm watching the JVM hypothetical "interrogation" = Stupid. That is all.

If anyone knows about this model of camera, please verify....

I had read somewhere some months ago that this camera which Travis purchased for his trip to Cancun was able to photograph underwater. If this is true it would explain why it wasn't damaged in the washing machine.

In addition to divine intervention, of course.

:waitasec:

Very good observation. ty

WTH? I saw the first two questions from her this am, but had to leave. She sounded kind of wrapped tight, figured she was just po'd about the intonation of the questions. Surprised at such a reaction though, she heard the juror questions for Doc Samuels, and for JA. She can't have believed ALV hit it out of the park?

Everything really depended on ALV. She was their last hope. If they thought she could help, they sure know differently now. Maybe it all just caught up with JW.

Not that I feel sorry for her at all. MOO.

WTH? I saw the first two questions from her this am, but had to leave. She sounded kind of wrapped tight, figured she was just po'd about the intonation of the questions. Surprised at such a reaction though, she heard the juror questions for Doc Samuels, and for JA. She can't have believed ALV hit it out of the park?

Yeah, I agree, it was really out of left field. Who knows what but something about those questions freaked her out.

I agree with you and hope she gets LWOP...I feel a bit different then you do, I think the DP should be for someone that murders 2 or more people, mass murderers and serial killers.

Plus after all the appeals of the DP that JA will apply for it will cost more money than if they would have just given her LWOP in the first place. MOO and all that.

BBM...Bothers me too:cry::nerves:

Is it because one murder is no big deal, but two murders cross the line?

If Jodi gets LWOP, she will have way too many freedoms and a grand ol time w/ her prison buddies like she already is doing. Is that really deserving for a murderess such as her? How is that justice for Travis? She also has the ability to HARM other people. She has already attacked fellow inmates. And while some may view that as some sort of justice, the fact is, she can harm correctional officers too. I have a friend who is one and is constantly in danger of people like her. She has already proven to be a problem child in jail and if she has LWOP then she has nothing stopping her from continuing her evil ways.

It bothers me the ridiculous freedoms inmates get. It is one thing if they will be released, but being locked up for life and having privileges, etc....that really bothers me.

ita!

Every juror should feel comfortable and be themselves. I certainly wouldn't like being told what to wear if I were a juror.

Would you be sporting a t-shirt with this logo, perhaps?

websleuths_zps090a6319.jpg

This is a classic outside of court photo from down these parts, the product is an iconic Iced Coffee drink from South Australia, obviously knitted by his nan, seems to have worked.

Attachments

• farmersunion.jpg
    farmersunion.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 71

I used to work for a Child Protection agency. One time in court a father who was hoping to regain custody of his children after they had been removed from him arrived wearing a T-shirt that said "F*ck off Motherf*cker" in big letters. I still wonder what he was thinking. Really, you think that will make the judge more likely to send your children home with you? His children remained in care (not just because of the T-shirt, but I'm sure it didn't help.)

This has nothing to do with the juror - but it reminded me of that case.

Tink

It seemed like Jodi's demeanor changed dramatically after the jury questions. She started crying (I know she does that all the time) and it seems like she knows it is over. She knows the jury does NOT believe her.

Those questions were so bad for her case, she's got to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove