weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect anyone to go out and purchase an entire new wardrobe for jury duty. It's been how many days ? 100? Cut the guy a break. Consider what he's being paid! What he's given up! And the fact he's sat there sick all week long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After week three I'd be showing up in my PJ's with a snuggie.
I am not kidding.

I wouldn't expect anyone to go out and purchase an entire new wardrobe for jury duty. It's been how many days ? 100? Cut the guy a break. Consider what he's being paid! What he's given up! And the fact he's sat there sick all week long.

I would never expect him or anyone to buy a whole new wardrobe. Ever hear of doing laundry? It's only been 40 some days of court. Regardless, I just think it is a given to dress appropriately for court. :twocents: IMO t-shirts with skulls is not.

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

Been watching JVM...Dr. Dale Archer (psychologist) does not think ALV did anything to benefit the defense. A former prosecutor also believes JA has "earned herself" the DP.

:D

NG on now...

:seeya:

Will the defense frantically file a motion for a new witness? Tea leaf reader perhaps? Maybe an intuitive?

Probably not but I will anticipate a barage of motions for a mistrial...beginning this weekend.

JW almost had a complete collapse after jury questions. She got up to do direct and sounded like she had been free basing Red Bull, talking in a hurried, panicked tone, almost gulping breaths down. This went on for about 10 very bizarre minutes until she started fumbling her papers, said she forgot the question she was about to ask and released a frantic cackle, forcing the judge to take a 10 minute recess while JW went to the bathroom to breath into a paper lunch sack. It was crazy!

That was the part I missed going to the vets for prescription cat food. Any chance some very kind WS can point to where I can see this? TYIA

someone here posted that they have jury duty coming up....is there anything on the form that you received that states to dress appropriately for court? I seem to remember when my hubby went a few years ago, that it stated as such....just wondering

She just started to lose it after juror questions. It surprised me because I always assumed she knew this was a hopeless case. Apparently not because when she got up after juror Q's she was in a nervous panic. It was so bad that after about 10 minutes the judge called a 10 minute recess so she could collect herserlf.

WTH? I saw the first two questions from her this am, but had to leave. She sounded kind of wrapped tight, figured she was just po'd about the intonation of the questions. Surprised at such a reaction though, she heard the juror questions for Doc Samuels, and for JA. She can't have believed ALV hit it out of the park?

This case against JA is the truth. Nothing can destroy it because it's true. The universe made sure that camera survived.

You said what I have been waiting to say. I so agree that it was no accident that camera was left behind. And I don't mean an accident by JA. jmo

Yes, but most employers pay you when on jury duty. I would think if it is a hardship for any of the jurors, they could be excused.

Hardship and buying an entire new wardrobe are two entirely different things. I'm a stay at home mom. I live in jeans and sweats. I have maybe .., 5 outfits of what I would deem "court" appropriate. I don't know about you.... But I wouldn't wear the same 5 things and I can not justify buying more for a 100 and some odd days of jury duty.... Stuff I'd likely never wear again.

AND I'm starting to think we are looking at this trial almost as SPORT. God I do not like JA but the extent of my hate for has started to make me question if I really have gotten too involved. I don't know. Its a good thing there is a two day break, I'm pretty sure I need 'em.

I agree completely. My heartbreaks for his family and I want to see Jodi convicted as much as anyone, but, if I'm being honest, I have to admit that there are aspects of following this trial more closely resemble a hobby than a commitment to justice.
Similarly, I wonder if, at some point, spewing venom at Jodi/ALV is more about sharing a social experience than justice.
None of this is to say I'm against spewing venom on Jodi/ALV, just that it is good to keep our feelings in perspective.

I was listening again to JM re cross of ALV where he is asking her for the names of the men she testified for in criminal cases. At 32:25, he asks her something about a name that she did use in this case that she did not think was confidential. Would someone plz explain to me what all that meant? I am having difficulty processing what JM was asking about. TIA. I really appreciate the help.

This case against JA is the truth. Nothing can destroy it because it's true. The universe made sure that camera survived.

If anyone knows about this model of camera, please verify....

I had read somewhere some months ago that this camera which Travis purchased for his trip to Cancun was able to photograph underwater. If this is true it would explain why it wasn't damaged in the washing machine.

In addition to divine intervention, of course.

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member