weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look on the shelf in the upper left corner of the first photo - someone on Twitter mentioned that it looked like there had been some lines of coke. Has anyone else here noticed that?

Which photo?

The jury charge will contain a clause to that effect -- that if they find any part of a witness' testimony to be untrue, they are free to disregard all of that witness' testimony or to believe only part of it as they wish. My money is that the discussion that would ensue in the jury room if a juror decided to believe part of Arias' testimony would be heated and vigorous. Those who do not believe her are very unlikely to be willing to compromise, IMO. They're going to insist on throwing it out in its entirety -- and that means most of the expert testimony as well. In my view, she is already done.

:cow:

That is something to debate, what will the jury disregard as fact and what will they use as fact during deliberations.

It almost feels like the whole Defense will be disregarded. Then again we do know things they don't.

It would be interesting to see what, based on testimony alone, can or will be considered. Throwing out all the extra stuff we know and viewing the testimony on face value alone.

K

That is something to debate, what will the jury disregard as fact and what will they use as fact during deliberations.

It almost feels like the whole Defense will be disregarded. Then again we do know things they don't.

It would be interesting to see what, based on testimony alone, can or will be considered. Throwing out all the extra stuff we know and viewing the testimony on face value alone.

K

Seems the jury did exactly what I would do... Toss Jodi's testimony, toss Dr Sammuels, toss AVL's... I'd deem them all to be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against popular belief, I'll field this with what I think MIGHT be a possibility.

I think Jodi did have help. I think her intruder story WAS true and she was the 'female'. (I mean, what was her advantage of making one of the intruders into a woman? It makes no sense)

I think Jodi lured him into the shower and this 'intruder' (perhaps Matt McCartney) came in through the back window (that a screen was found laying in the backyard and taken into evidence......) and a burglary scene was set in case a roommate came home?

Now the BIGGEST question I come up with empty with is: Why would someone help Jodi kill someone else?

I think the fact that this chick has a fan club after brutally ending the life of another... might be indicative of how people in her life (mostly men and now.....lesbians?) are drawn to her and obviously very dedicated to her too.

So if my theory is right, who knows why someone would help her. I think Matt was involved in the grandfather's break-in and most likely gave Jodi the gun and DVD player once she got down near Darryl's.
She most definitely bartered the gas cans for the stolen DVD player and THAT'S why the gas cans were never returned to Darryl (because Jodi own them now)

I also think she had a disposable cell phone besides just Gus Searcy's phone she had borrowed. I don't believe she drove phone-less for hours while trekking to Travis' house to kill him. I think she had one of those prepaid phones and was in contact with Matt, Gus and Darryl the entire time and in fact, I believe all 3 men are deeply involved in this event. Deeply!!

You can't be serious? *All three men involved*?, for what reason or gain?

I agree, she never planned for him to leave that shower. I realized this when Juan was questioning her with the crime scene photos and pointed out that next to that massive blood pool at the entryway to the bedroom from the bath, there was a second fainter pattern of blood where someone had repeatedly stepped around the blood pool and had bled the stain into the surrounding carpet, as would happen if someone were trying to clean it. My first thought was how stupid to bother with a blood stain when you have a dead body on your hands. But then I realized, she tried to clean it because her plan had been for it all to be contained in the bathroom, so if someone ducked their head in his bedroom looking for him they would see just see he wasn't there and move on.

Totally with you on that one, Schuby, as you know. :seeya:

do we have any idea whats going to be happening in court tomorrow? since alv can't be there until tuesday to complete her testimony they can't just move on.
i know ms wong is testifying in the morning but i mean when the jury turns up at 1.30

bumping this in hope of an answer

At 4:50 ish, the record reflects the jury is present. So she did answer finally in front of the jury.

Thanks softail. You are a gem! Ging back to bed to deal with pain. Love you dear friend. I guess pain meds befuddled my thinking.:floorlaugh:

Thanks to all, for putting up with me! :floorlaugh: Thanks Linda!

bumping this in hope of an answer

Whatever they need ALV for, it won't be done in front of the jury. So whether she shows up Monday or Tuesday doesn't matter in terms of proceeding with the case.

Thanks softail. You are a gem! Ging back to bed to deal with pain. Love you dear friend. I guess pain meds befuddled my thinking.:floorlaugh:

:blowkiss: Love you too sweetie!

Much like her Boxcar Children magazine codes...

All the self-proclaimed Einsteinian defendant accomplished with those was to provide a little amateur courtroom theater for an already skeptical jury.

RESPECT for name checking The Boxcar Children. Watch would be proud.

Apparently ALV did not research cases for her book. She certainly was not aware of Sutorius Murder Case in Cincinnati, Ohio. He was 6'4" and she around 5' 2" (ish). She kept that man in constant fear. Though he found no help. He expressed his fear and knew she could kill him. Yet no help from any one. Utterly and devastatingly sad!!

For those not aware of the case, Dante (Della is her rename) found out he was going to divorce her (Her 5th marriage), well she was not going to have that so she shot him in their down stair family room. She terrorized former husbands - one of the husbands was set one on fire. He lived taking months to recover from his burns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35879463/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/doctors-wife/#.UWqCuEqyLKU

So "Batter Husband Syndrome" yes it is there. May not be as prevalent or common as Batter Wife Syndrome. However, it is there. It isn't about "muscles" to physical control the spouse. It is how cunning and devious the spouse can create the atmosphere of continuous acts of potential threats of violence to get desire affect that the other is afraid of them. CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.

JMHO

:goodpost: YES! Perfect,perfect example!

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

She was a fan of the movie Psycho?

She lured him into that position in a small confined space .. To contain the mess?

Get him in a vulnerable position to stab him in the heart?

I think she had planned for him to die quickly .. In the shower... She didn't anticipate him moving around and trying to live.

The trigger ... Whatever it was... Was already in play when she stole the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jury charge will contain a clause to that effect -- that if they find any part of a witness' testimony to be untrue, they are free to disregard all of that witness' testimony or to believe only part of it as they wish. My money is that the discussion that would ensue in the jury room if a juror decided to believe part of Arias' testimony would be heated and vigorous. Those who do not believe her are very unlikely to be willing to compromise, IMO. They're going to insist on throwing it out in its entirety -- and that means most of the expert testimony as well. In my view, she is already done.

:cow:

Totally picking up what you're laying down.

I hazard a guess that that's the conclusion Willmott was coming to during jury questioning and might be one reason she was so jarringly flipped out when it was her turn to question again. Might even be why it was only then that there were any questions and answers regarding TA's positive qualities, trying to rehabilitate this witness for the jury in some way.

Far, far too late.

DIDNT this Wong incident happen around the same time as jeankisarus called to the stand re: Martinez taking pic with someone? And it was rumoured that possibly a juror seen this happen?

Would love to see ALV held responsible for approaching Samantha. I could be Wong about it!

I don't where, could have been this site but somewhere I have read rumbles about DT watching #3. I don't know why either.

I think they are using Ms Wong as a reason to question the juror's individually. It's the same reason they used Jean C. resulting in Juror #5's dismissal. They knew no juror saw Juan sign the cane. Maybe now they've come up with a reason to use Ms Wong in order to question them individually again..

Interesting that #3 takes lots of notes too...

#3. Housewife-She is a big lady (tall and heavy set, not obese) with a very sweet face, no make-up.
Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank