weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a poll - did Travis know JA was going to his house the day she murdered him?

I vote no.

I vote no too. I don't think she'd want to risk his mentioning it to anyone...well, except he probably wouldn't want anyone to know given she'd slashed his tires and threatened him with heaven knows what...

Now I'm all confused... :facepalm:

No! She would've wanted to surprise him. That way it would be hard for him to not let her in, whereas on the phone he could've said no, and likely would have.

On June 4th 2008 ja testified she had 2 cameras with her, Olympus and Canan, one was in the car and one she had in the bedroom, can't remember which is which.

However, at one point in her testimony I believe she said she had 1 camera with her and all her belongings were in the car.

Who knows, she lies so dang much.

bbm

No, no. You have not been paying attention! Survivor's role. :banghead: (I believe the term "victim" is no longer allowed. Especially for men who are chopped up by their jealous ex girlfriends.)

Indeed!

Why do I get the bizarre feeling that Alyce might even believe Arias is a hero? :sick:

ETA - I mean 'heroine' ...

I don't know which camera ( JA supposedly had 2) but one was asked for by the defense in court and Detective Flores said he would bring it the next day. I don't know which day this was but I am sure it was many weeks ago .

THAT's what I couldn't quite remember. Thanks so much. I wonder what happened with that?

We need a poll - did Travis know JA was going to his house the day she murdered him?

I vote no.

No

I found it chilling that in JA's testimony she said that she lingered at the office door watching Travis & Napoleon for several minutes before they noticed her. Now if that's not stalking behavior I don't know what is. If Travis was expecting her wouldn't have he been watching for her? Why would she have to sneak into the house?

Just my :twocents:

It appears that JM got both of the defense experts to admit that Jodi said or might have said to them that they gun was fired in the closet.

ALV says it was her error, but Dr. Sam said on tape that Travis grabbed Jodi's sweater, she remembered the gun, and grabbed it and fired it.

That is yet another unbelievable story of hers. She was not in her own home, hadn't been in Travis' for two months, therefore, how could she KNOW that the gun (assuming there was a gun for the sake of argument) was STILL on the shelf of the closet? How would she KNOW it was not loaded? And if she didn't believe it was loaded, WHY would she pull the trigger? Travis had just gotten out of the shower, was undressed and if she was truly in fear of her life, she could have run out of the house.

:rolleyes:

MOO

Maybe some of the "waitress" jobs she held had certain off hour benefits with customers IYKWIM :facepalm:

I was actually thinking the same thing myself, just didn't quite know how to say it! Since it involved the one thing in which she was quite experienced.

Anybody else notice when Ms Wilmott is referencing the two main characters she says Jodie and Mr. Alexander? So does Dr. Fog and ALV. Sure it is purposeful ...showing Travis as the more powerful of the two.

I noticed this too. I think in the Defense team playbook there are certain phrases to use such as "passed away", "the event" and "boyfriend". Little Jodie vs Mr Big fits in their strategy too.

I can see people are concerned about meddlesome bathroom breaks during cross-examination. Consider the following for your Monday Juanstravaganza.

space_diaper.jpg

On June 4th 2008 ja testified she had 2 cameras with her, Olympus and Canan, one was in the car and one she had in the bedroom, can't remember which is which.

However, at one point in her testimony I believe she said she had 1 camera with her and all her belongings were in the car.

Who knows, she lies so dang much.

Yes, she got a little tangled up with that during testimony. Suddenly she remembered the small was was in her purse, always kept it in her purse.

These two points are interesting. Seems as if everyone Ms. LaViolette has contact with in her work needs something from her and they're kind of held hostage until they get it. Even if it involves feigning interest in her twelve hour folksy anecdotal stories. Those who need her won't fight back, criticize or question. They'll be happy she "saved" them and the many groups are thrilled a legend in DV can speak at their events.

The only people at Maricopa Superior Court who needed her were the DT and they had no juice to roll out a red carpet. And she wasn't the star. So she decided to withhold information because Juanderful had no interest in listening to anything but "yes" or "no."

And she still doesn't see the part she played in her own implosion.

Yeah I don't get the patting herself on the back for "counseling" court ordered offenders. She has not made any significant or original contributions, research or innovations to her field whatsoever.

Sleuth5 - you're killing me!!!!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I vote no too

Me three. And, if it was unannounced wouldn't she be worried that gun-toting Travis might shoot her as an intruder? Cause he totally owned a gun, right? Sheesh. Her lies just dont hang together.

:facepalm:
I mentioned this awhile back. One of the defense attorneys in the Manson trial spoke of a victim "running to his place of repose" when he was fleeing from one of the knife-wielding Family members.

OMG! That one has to take the cake!!!

:what:

I vote no, Travis had no idea she was coming to Mesa. And I believe she did not mail that check to Travis, but used that as excuse for dropping by. I also believe that when she ran away after murdering Travis, she took any and all cash he had in the house. At some point she even asked if her check would be cashed. What a piece of work!

No

I found it chilling that in JA's testimony she said that she lingered at the office door watching Travis & Napoleon for several minutes before they noticed her. Now if that's not stalking behavior I don't know what is. If Travis was expecting her wouldn't have he been watching for her? Why would she have to sneak into the house?

Just my :twocents:

NO
I think Travis had really wanted to be rid of her. I think he did discover how really evil, sick and scary she was, but didn't want to set her off. I think he knew how unstable she was, just by her showing up out of the blue from a thousand miles away. Who does that? On the fateful day of June 4, 2008, she came armed with gun, knife and vengeance in her heart. It is unimaginable how terrified he must have been on that day. Bless his soul.

Well I predicted the DV expert would be turned into a prosecution witness. I was right. It just went down waaaay differently than I had thought.

She proved beyond all doubt that Jodi is a lying manipulative cold blooded murderer.

Manifesto
Shot him in the closet
Sex was consensual
Manipulated the DV expert
DV expert was willing to lie for Jodi on the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member