weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury was asked to leave the room when it was asked. Am i missing something? She had the opportunity, but refused.

Out of the room for which part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasalinger View Post
Don't know if anyone has ever pontificated this, but I'm wondering about something. What if... Jodi was going to make it look like Travis committed suicide?

She knew he wanted her out of his life, and he wanted to get back on the straight and narrow in his life. But the sex was his downfall.

She taped the phone sex, egged him on so much in conversations to make him say over the top emotional stuff, went there all shaved and ready for sex... they have sex and take all sorts of naughty pics... now she has what she needs. She could take those pics back home with her and have them ready to go.

Travis was shot near the temple... usually when people kill themselves with a gun it's either in the mouth or on the temple. In the mouth may have been too difficult, but maybe she tried the temple thinking that would kill him immediately. Then she could perhaps stage the scene, put the gun in his hand, whatever else people do to stage that type of stuff.

When the cops would start digging in to his life, they would find all the kinky sex stuff and perhaps she would plant other things, to lead everybody to the assumption that he just couldn't live as a "fraud" anymore. (for the record, I don't think he was a fraud... just using JA thought process).

Abandoning the ME testimony for just a second here... the shot came first, tried to make it look like a suicide shot to temple... he didn't die and fought back, hence the defensive wounds. Turned in to a blood bath with a knife. Now there is no way she can make it look like suicide, that's why she erases the pics. Doesn't need them anymore and certainly doesn't want there to be evidence.

IDK... this thought literally just occured to me tonight. What do you guys think?

I think that is a really good thought. If so, I am glad it did not work. It could have been convincing.

The problem with a suicide would be the gun could be traced back to Jodi's grandfather so the gun could not be left at the crime scene.
So staging a suicide wouldn't have worked.

Good post! And, it all makes sense except that she would have had to leave her grandpa's gun there in the shower with him. I suppose it's possible she was so arrogant that she believed the cops would be too stupid to trace the gun back to her, but I think that's a stretch...JMO.

Thats where I just moved to. Hope I don't run into him! it's a very small town

Re: Kirk Turner of NC -- this was actually the subject of a 48 Hours episode. I don't remember the title. He was very wealthy and hired a high-powered defense team.

Mornin' peeps.

:coffeews:

BBM -

Wow. Why do you think that?

If you look on the shelf in the upper left corner of the first photo - someone on Twitter mentioned that it looked like there had been some lines of coke. Has anyone else here noticed that?

enlarged by me, because it's simply 'perfect' :)

I would add to that, this WHOLE CASE is revolved around her lies - every date, every detail, every "stupid" thing she testified to for 18 days. There's no coincidences, it's all a script to fit with her phony diary entries. She's still trying to add to her script but the jail is finding her hidden pens in shampoo bottles - hahahahahah!

First lies of the lying liar. june 10,2008 phone interview.
imo worth watching/ hearing again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hz8YR22DduI

Good post! And, it all makes sense except that she would have had to leave her grandpa's gun there in the shower with him. I suppose it's possible she was so arrogant that she believed the cops would be too stupid to trace the gun back to her, but I think that's a stretch...JMO.

Very good point.

And if Arias admits to bringing a gun or knife to the scene, it is curtains for her...premeditation ...death. She brought both.

Gas cans and gun theft already proves it to me

She's already scripted it:

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I'm innocent and you can mark my words on that one -- no jury will convict me."

"If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty."

And then that script will slip through her fingers and haphazardly drop to the floor "at her feet... in that chaotic pattern that paper falls."

:lol:

:floorlaugh:

I had a hard time dating the guys who did their makeup better than me! There were a few but not my style.

I was a little on the rebellious side...Love, sex and Rock N Roll :rocker:

K

Rofl... Stretching out in the couch...

It all started when I was 10 years old and laid eyes on David Cassidy ...

Gas cans and gun theft already proves it to me

Not to mention no cell phone anywhere near AZ, missing hours of a trip etc etc etc etc.

I watched Mikee's premed video on Youtube. Wow, definitely puts on the thoughts together.

When you look on that map and he shows what her drive should have consisted of going to SLC and the route she took...again, wow.

K

The jury was asked to leave the room when it was asked. Am i missing something? She had the opportunity, but refused.

Well now I'm confused. I thought the jury heard that? :waitasec:

And if Arias admits to bringing a gun or knife to the scene, it is curtains for her...premeditation ...death. She brought both.

Everyone knows she did, but JA would never admit that.

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

Against popular belief, I'll field this with what I think MIGHT be a possibility.

I think Jodi did have help. I think her intruder story WAS true and she was the 'female'. (I mean, what was her advantage of making one of the intruders into a woman? It makes no sense)

I think Jodi lured him into the shower and this 'intruder' (perhaps Matt McCartney) came in through the back window (that a screen was found laying in the backyard and taken into evidence......) and a burglary scene was set in case a roommate came home?

Now the BIGGEST question I come up with empty with is: Why would someone help Jodi kill someone else?

I think the fact that this chick has a fan club after brutally ending the life of another... might be indicative of how people in her life (mostly men and now.....lesbians?) are drawn to her and obviously very dedicated to her too.

So if my theory is right, who knows why someone would help her. I think Matt was involved in the grandfather's break-in and most likely gave Jodi the gun and DVD player once she got down near Darryl's.
She most definitely bartered the gas cans for the stolen DVD player and THAT'S why the gas cans were never returned to Darryl (because Jodi own them now)

I also think she had a disposable cell phone besides just Gus Searcy's phone she had borrowed. I don't believe she drove phone-less for hours while trekking to Travis' house to kill him. I think she had one of those prepaid phones and was in contact with Matt, Gus and Darryl the entire time and in fact, I believe all 3 men are deeply involved in this event. Deeply!!

Not to mention it was not in a holster, then in a holster, and then not remembering if it was in a holster or not.

This logic explains why ALV and JA got along so well.

And don't forget the box it may or may not have been in. Or the fact that she wrote in her journal in 2008 that Travis told her he was going to buy a gun to kill himself even though she found the gun he had already bought for protection in 2007.

If you look on the shelf in the upper left corner of the first photo - someone on Twitter mentioned that it looked like there had been some lines of coke. Has anyone else here noticed that?

I saw that too. and the photos on the wall.

Why can't they do anything to her, when she would answer this, but not in front of the Jury????
This is not fair to Travis and his family!
:furious:

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE - YouTube

ETA. She had the opportunity to answer this in front of the Jury, but refused to do so.

At 4:50 ish, the record reflects the jury is present. So she did answer finally in front of the jury.

If I were a juror I'd feel obligated to ignore everything JA has said (she is a proven liar) and go by evidence alone. I wouldn't gamble with the idea that perhaps there is some truth to what JA says, try to be a human lie-detector and figure out if there are a few strands of truth in her mountain of lies.

I'd go by evidence alone.

The jury charge will contain a clause to that effect -- that if they find any part of a witness' testimony to be untrue, they are free to disregard all of that witness' testimony or to believe only part of it as they wish. My money is that the discussion that would ensue in the jury room if a juror decided to believe part of Arias' testimony would be heated and vigorous. Those who do not believe her are very unlikely to be willing to compromise, IMO. They're going to insist on throwing it out in its entirety -- and that means most of the expert testimony as well. In my view, she is already done.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member