weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I hadn't looked closely at this check as an alibi to Travis. Wasn't it dated May something? Do we know for sure she didn't mail it to him?

Depending upon the day, the balance in her bank account would have barely covered that check, and there doesn't seem to be any indication she intended to have it cashed. One of her concerns while being interviewed by LE after Travis' murder was that check.

Therefore it is my belief she brought it with her on June 4, knowing Travis would not be cashing it, perhaps as an excuse for being there.

:what:

MOO

Regarding the Theft of the Laptop from the Psychologist: What shocks me is she didn't make a backup of something so important. Any Clinical Psychologist getting ready to testify in Court would know to back up their work. That was just plain incompetence on her part. I mean you can have anything you do automatically backup up online now with zero effort with a cloud service. What an oops moment for her.

I doubt it had anything to do with the Trial though. Just a simple Burglary. :what:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

BBM

How do we know she did not have any back ups? I didn't see anything in the article saying that. Why say she is incompetent if you don't know if she had back up discs or not?

Depending upon the day, the balance in her bank account would have barely covered that check, and there doesn't seem to be any indication she intended to have it cashed. One of her concerns while being interviewed by LE after Travis' murder was that check.

MOO

Yes, well she probably didn't want to dip into that Swiss bank account she was using to help poor Travis out with his money troubles again.

:cow:

I think people were going on the Cancun trip at different times. I think Chris was already there when he'd heard of the murder. Mimi went to Travis' house because they were supposed to be leaving that next morning and she hadn't heard from him.

It is odd that it seems no one was disturbed by Travis' missing the call. I'd heard he was supposed to be a speaker on it. Maybe people left him voicemails about that, though? I don't know.

I don't know when Gus would have gone to Cancun, if he were going.

I know there is a direct link to Gus' online calendar for 2008 on one of these threads here but I have no foggy idea as to which one. I did find this link through google. As someone stated here many moons back, Gus is confused, Jodi called him the night they found Travis, not the night he died. He said on hln that he didn't call the police because there was nothing odd about her call, she just said Travis was found dead and he left the next day for Cancun so he didn't hear any speculations until he came back. From his calendar we see he was scheduled to leave on the 10th. HTH

It's still weird that nobody went inquiring about TA when he missed the 6/4 conference call. IMO

https://twitter.com//status/319995745786789888/photo/1

On the morning of June 3, after visiting with DB, JA makes two deposits into her Washington Mutual accounts. By all accounts, JA is known to have been 'strapped for cash'.... I've read some speculate here that JA may have stolen a ring from TA.

What's the likelihood that she indeed had stolen the ring, and then sold it to DB and the money was actually proceeds from this?

This would be a good reason why DB would want to stay in her 'good graces' and continue to be her ally....because she had him on receiving stolen property.

My guess is she sold Darryl grandparents DVD player, and this is the reason she returned from Salinas to give him the remote.

I think she also borrowed $$ from MM. There is nothing like the 'remote' to base this on, just her own statement on 15 Jul to Flores that she owned $$ to a large number of people including her family and Darryl. I can't remember if she mentioned Matt in that list, but she may have.

I wonder if she also borrowed money from Gus. Wasn't he in Santa Cruz at that time?

Wasn't that call he received when the mysterious person was in the car with him a call from Chris Hughes?
At least that was what he testified during the evidentiary hearing on prosecutorial misconduct, when he plead the 5th when he was asked who was in the car with him. I don't remember the details, but it was something about Chris Hughes calling him to ask him why he was on the Defence's witness list.

Did Gus testify or in any way say that Jodi called him and told him she killed Travis? I must have missed that, so sorry if it was discussed before, but somehow that strikes me as odd. Wouldn't that have been a huge thing? I mean, for one Gus would be in big do-do for failing to report a crime, and it would mean he knew Travis was dead and didn't tell anyone about it until he was found, and that afterwards he remained silent with such important information while Jodi spun her tales of 'I wasn't there' and 'the ninjas did it'.

I mean, Gus was kinda...weird, but that seems like a bit much even to me. If anyone could clarify whether he truly said that Jodi called him after the murder and told him that she killed Traivs or not would be very much appreciated.

No...Gus testified that Jodi called him and said Travis was killed, not that she did it. He further testified that while he was surprised Travis was dead, he did not think about calling the authorities because he had no reason to believe the call was anything other than information about his death...IIRC.

I was thinking about that check... wonder if she even had enough in her account to cover it? She knew it would never be cashed but that sure would be telling. Anyone remember how much the check was for?

$200.00. It was supposed to be for the April and May payments, as per memo on bottom left of check.

MOO

:offtobed:

nappy time.

Been a rainy, cold day. Some hot soup good for the soul. :)

Keep on sleuthin' :rocker:

Therefore it is my belief she brought it with her on June 4, knowing Travis would not be cashing it, perhaps as an excuse for being there.

MOO

I don't know if she mailed it or took it but I'm SURE it was a prop for JA.

It could. It could also mean, "I like sharp things and have been waiting for a chance to get revenge using them."

Agree...
there is no (as some posters have suggested) "blood atonement" ritual here--jodi don't play dat way....she is just a straight up macadamia nut...i see no ritualistic tendencies in what I know of her past.

Throat slitting is fairly common WORLDWIDE ....

:cow:
(And now my Google history is even more corrupted:floorlaugh:)

So... hmm... Don't you think this case would have been just as provable without the photographs? Wouldn't have known about the murder foreplay, ie. sex. And the time frame would have been vaguer. But they still have the premeditation and palm print etc.

I don't think the case would have been as good, but still good. The case seems so much more brutal when we know how she tricked him with taking shower pics and then she slaughtered him.

I think it's a funny coincidence that Jodi considers herself a photographer and pictures and the camera are such a big part of this case.

I am watching Dante's Peak. Pierce Brosnan (he is so yummy) just said the exact words about boiling the frog that LaViolette said in testimony., now we know where she got it.

I can not believe the stupidity of these people....AVL stealing material from Dante' Peak; FCA stole her's from South Park and One Tree Hill. Sheeesh.

Ive tended to think JA had every intention of keeping the pics. I don't think she meant to wash the camera with the card in it. She knows damn well what a memory card is and where it is on a camera. I also think that the entire reason why JA's original plan didn't work it is because she underestimated how long it would take for him to die and she didn't expect the gigantic mess. Those things made her have to hurry more.

I pretty much said this earlier in this thread or the last thread. Great minds and all that ...:D

I also said that I think she brought her own camera. She had a big camera and a little p&s. She hid her camera and the gun someplace she can get it later (when she walks out a free woman :rolleyes:) and revel in her work.

I think she just thought she'd deleted all of the photos from Travis's camera and put it down so she could do her clean-up. When she pulled the bedding off to wash it, the camera was somehow entangled in the sheets.

I don't think she intended to wash the camera. She could have simply taken the camera with her since she took all of her belongings, the gun and probably cash from Travis. She probably wasted precious minutes looking for Travis' camera before she had to abandon the search and get out.

So... hmm... Don't you think this case would have been just as provable without the photographs? Wouldn't have known about the murder foreplay, ie. sex. And the time frame would have been vaguer. But they still have the premeditation and palm print etc.

Quick answer, yes. Everybody ( practically ) named her as a suspect before the pix were found along with the hair, blood etc.

The photographs are huge in the case but there's still all the rest to include, lets not forget, her bloody palm print on the wall.

PS About Darryl.

IMO, he is hiding something. When Juan finally got him to admit she said she was going to Mesa, he practically whispered 'yes'.

I think Darryl has withheld and lied about a lot. Clearly he was not answering on the stand the way he did in his interview. I don't know if it is fear, or residual love, or what.

I don't know why Juan did not press him more, maybe he will in the rebuttal. Because if Juan could elicit testimony that Jodi brought a DVD player and remote to him, that would be strong evidence of premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez