weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: I had to take a break when I heard ALV had to be hospitalized...
She is choosing her fate... and I felt.. well, how I felt matters not!
I am trying to catch up here now!!!

I've always thought that she slit his throat to keep him quiet, since he was crawling down the hall and not dying right away.

He had to have been screaming, moaning, something like that...
I think so too. How would she know that slitting someone's throat would render them unable to scream? Maybe that is common knowledge...
Guess I have been in the closet! You would (think) a nurse would know this!
Duh! ME! I didn't... IMO it points to further premeditation.
A juror asked ALV whether she honestly believes that kicking and hitting parents at any age is normal behaviour. ALV says she never said it was normal but it's something that teenagers do. The previous day I think she said it was typical.

What are some synonyms for typical? average, commonplace, customary, habitual, natural, popular, prevalent, normal.

Antonyms? abnormal, unusual, odd....
What bugs me is JA did this in April of 08... kicked her mom in Mesa when she came down to help her pack... 1000% abnormal IMO

Nope, alive and well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The date this man was murdered... shot and killed was July 10 2008.
Mistaken identity? Was the correct Bobby Juarez killed that day?
It does bother me! I hope an innocent man was not targeted by some of JA's "goons"!!!

I agree. I used to work in high school on South Central Los Angeles. We had 20
or more Juarez'z just in that one school.

ETA: I know that because I worked in the office and dealt with name mix ups and lost items all of the time.

Here's some trivia for you. According to The White Pages, there are 11,545 people named Juan Martinez in the US.

You're right: only an MD (or an NP or PA) can prescribe -- and only if they have a DEA number.

Here's a good article, "What is the real difference between an MD and PhD?"

PhDs advance knowledge, whereas MDs merely apply existing knowledge.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight/201103/what-is-the-real-difference-between-md-and-phd

ETA: ALV has her Masters and is not at the level of education that one needs to be at in order to be classified as a doctor (whether that be MD or PhD). Also wanted to say that you're right Equinoxical - just wanted to add this information to what you already pointed out for those who were asking and wondering.

One of the strangest things she has said throughout was when he answered "It might help you," and she shrugged him off with "You are so weird anyway!"

WTF was that supposed to mean??

ETA: she wanted to know if taking a lie detector test would help him, by the way

I took that as classic deflection, she cannot answer to the offer to a lie detector test, if she says yes she has to take it, if she says no he gets to say 'why, are you lying?' which is the obvious reason. Instead of saying nothing she calls him weird, a put down, to throw him off, she'd probably been sizing him up to look for little flaws or weak points she could use to shake him up and this was the best she could come up with at that time.

I think the 'issue' is medical, sounded to me like she was doing some follow up to the panic attack last weekend, and didn't know if the tests would extend until Tuesday ~ which she was slapped down for suggesting.

I think hearings on Monday have nothing to do with ALV and everything to do with the media and televised hearing, and its repercussions.

Something about a still camera yes? Go here: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/MediaRelationsDepartment/HighProfileList/index.asp type Arias in the search window and select 1 week from the options below and you'll see the court docket for Monday.

I agree. I can see an ER doc telling her to be checked out by a cardiologist just to be on the safe side.

I also think the reason JSS didn't want ALV to bring up what her personal issues were is because they were still on the record.

Oh yes. He was VERY reluctant on cross. I wanted to slap him,lol. Why would anyone not want the guilty party to pay. She needs to be locked up. She rolled the dice. Time to ay up.

Was a DVD player stolen from JA's grandparents home? If this is true, was it the one JA gave to Darryl? If so, that would prove beyond a shadow of doubt (which we all know she did) that she stole the gun.

I've been following the Bobby is dead - wasn't it the other boyfriend - Victor Arias that she said died/committed suicide or am I mis-remembering this

thats the one im sure,shes put so many names out there its confusing :truce:

Please disregard if this subject has been previously discussed.

The pen/pencil holder on JW's desk seems to be missing around March 28. It can previously be seen in containers in various locations on the desk prior to that point. I have not reviewed every video from that date. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Hmmm . . . Einstein's sticky fingers?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Travis' fingers are VERY different than those in the penis photo. This can be brought out in rebuttal. I'm surprised it wasn't caught before trial.

Compare DB's frankenstein fingers to Travis' fingers. not my picture, fyi.

Is someone taking orders?...I'll have French onion,please.

I've been craving some mulagatani for weeks, but restaurants and grocery stores are low priority these days, thanks to The Trial. I was looking on Friday to see what ingredients I have to make soup. It would have to be hot dog and green pepper soup, in a delicate vanilla pudding broth.

Will the prosecution take an easier route to explain murder to get a conviction, even though he/she may suspect a far more bizarre reason? It would be better to remain quiet on the bizarre, right?
Cause Dorothy I don't think we are in Kansas anymore (with Jodi).

IMO these specific juror questions actually answer some of the most important questions that we've had as to were the members of the jury understanding the critical issues of the DT's entire version of events surrounding the premeditation, execution, and cover up of the crime..along with their defense given as to why Jodi should be found not guilty due to it being self defense...I know many of us have been very worried as to whether or not the jury was actually seeing the truth beyond the bull$hit that the defense has thoroughly heaped upon them for now months on end.. Ive worried about whether they were picking up on certain subtle manipulations of the truth, evidence, and Travis'actions and behaviors.. I worried were they not able to see certain issues from their perspective as crystal clearly as we could see the issues from our perspective..

Imo their questions for ALV have imo successfully answered many of my own questions and worries regarding were they able to see beyond the bs and recognize the truth from the bull$hit?... imo YES, THIS JURY ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT DOUBT HAS GOT A VERY GOOD AND FIRM GRASP ON REALITY AND EXACTLY WHAT IS TRUTH VS. WHAT IS MADE UP FICTION ON THE PART OF THE MURDERER AND HER DEFENSE TEAM.

Q: You stated that it would be beneficial for Jodi to write
things she was lying about in her journal to buck up her
story. How would she write about these things in her
journal if her story didn’t change until well after the
killing, hypothetically speaking?
**IMO THIS INDICATES THAT THE JURY IS ABSOLUTELY LOOKING AT THE JOURNALS AS NOT BEING CONSISTENT WITH JODI'S ABUSE DEFENSE DUE TO THE FACT THAT AT THE TIME THE ENTRIES WERE WRITTEN SHE WAS NOT USING THE ABUSE/SELF DEFENSE CLAIM..AS IN THAT DEFENSE WAS CREATED FAR LATER, WAY AFTER HER ARREST AND INCARCERATION..**

Q: You testified writing could have supported her
statement, however, is it possible the incidents of abuse
reported by Jodi were reported after the fact as a
secondary gain to benefit her?
**Again IMO we have indicators of the jury being of the opinion that the entire abuse defense was created long after the fact, long after the journals were written, and long after her arrest and incarceration**

Q: Do you think it is deceptive for someone to not share
the most private and intimate details of their lives like
their sexual activity with their friends and family, or
would you consider it normal to keep those things
private?

Q: If normal, why do you think Travis’ attempt to keep
things private is deceptive?

Q: Did you ever see evidence that Jodi was openly
sharing all of her most private sexual details with her
friends and family? Would you consider that deceptive?
**IMO These above 3 questions are great indicators of the jury calling out ALV on her quite glaringly obvious bias and double standard.. whats good for the goose is good for the gander, Miss LaViolette and I do believe thats exactly what this jury is saying to you in these above questions!**

Q: You keep saying that Jodi doesn’t match you
definition of manipulative. Is it possible that your
definition of manipulative differs from others? Is it
possible that your definition is wrong?
**MOO IS THIS IS HUGE IN YOUR FACE TO ALV AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE SHE KNEW IT WAS IN SEEING HER SNIDE *advertiser censored* SMILE AND SAYING, "SHOOOOOORE!" IN RESPONSE TO THIS JURY QUESTION..**

Q: On the one side we have demeaning slurs, a slap, a
shove, a chokehold, and a lunge perpetrated on Jodi. On
the other, we have a gunshot to the head, a 4 inch deep
throat slit and close to 30 stab wounds delivered by Jodi
to Travis. Is not the perpetrator of the greatest domestic
violence Jodi?
**IMO this is one of the most critical points and ALV'S reply IMO is one of the most critically damaging to the defense case as a whole..imo some of the jurors questions are based upon theyre gauging ALV's reply and/or reaction ..whereas some people here believe those juror questions are based upon the fact that a juror is believing or leaning toward believing Jodi's defense or atleast parts of her defense..<--imo this is not accurate and imo I see these juror questions as further solidifying their belief in the Prosecution rather than the Defense**

Q: In the hypothetical given by Mr. Martinez about it
being possible Travis was the one who told Jodi he
wanted her to leave, if that is true, then isn&#8217;t it likely that
Travis never hit her that day?
**IMO what we see here is that these jurors very much are in no way whatsoever convinced that Travis was in any way whatsoever responsible for what occurred that day..which the defence needs the jurors to believe just the opposite in that Travis was very much responsible for his death due to his being emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive to Jodi on June 4th forcing Jodi to act in self defensel..so sorry Jodi no one believes that!!**

Q: When Jodi went to confront Bianca about being with
Matt McCartney, can&#8217;t that be seen as she did it because
she was jealous?
**moo is this jury is telling ALV , "HEY, WE THE JURY ARE NOT STUPID, BLIND, OR GULLIBLE DOPES THAT ARE JUST GOING TO BLINDLY BELIEVE YOU AND TAKE YOUR WORD AS FACT JUST SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU'RE WEARING THE LABEL OF AN 'EXPERT WITNESS', MISS LAVIOLETTE!!"..and imo unfortunately for Jodi these jurors are not believing the word of her expert witnesses..**

Q: Jodi went through Travis&#8217; emails, text messages and
the inbox of his My Space page. Did you take any of that
into consideration when making your assessment?
**once again IMO we see proof of the jurys calling out ALV on her blatant blind eye she has turned in assessing Jodi Arias honestly.. they know that ALV in fact did NOT take such important factors as mentioned above, into consideration in giving an honest and accurate assessment of the defendant for which she is getting handsomely paid in exchange for her positive testimony toward the defendant..**

Above are just a few of the jury's questions for Miss LaViolette that IMO very clearly give us an idea on where this jury stands wrt believing Jodi's defense or seeing the truth in knowing its the Prosecution's version of events that is accurate...

Below each of the above listed jury questions I **starred** and **italicized** my opinion of what indicators I see in each of these juror's questions..

All jmo, tho!!

I took that as classic deflection, she cannot answer to the offer to a lie detector test, if she says yes she has to take it, if she says no he gets to say 'why, are you lying?' which is the obvious reason. Instead of saying nothing she calls him weird, a put down, to throw him off, she'd probably been sizing him up to look for little flaws or weak points she could use to shake him up and this was the best she could come up with at that time.

I suspect she realized that "na-na-na-na-na-naaaa," was not going to work either.

I can't take my eyes off her.., same reasons and a few more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ode to Jode

(To the tune of "Can't Take My Eyes Off [of] You")

You're just too rude to be true,
Can't take my eyes off of you,
You're just too crude to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
It was so craven, your touch
I wanna scold you so much
At long last justice arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too lewd to be true

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me sick
Because you're one twisted chick.
But you don't feel, you don't feel
Because your affect's not real

chorus:
I read you Jodi, and you're not alright
Don't need you Jodi to warm the lonely nights
I loathe you Jodi, trust in me when I say okay
Oh snitty Jodi, don't let us down, today
Oh snitty Jodi, now that they've found you, stay
Let them convict you, oh Jodi, let them convict you, oh Jodi...

You're just too rude to be true,
Can't take my eyes off of you,
It was so craven, your touch
I wanna scold you so much
At long last justice arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too lewd to be true

chorus

[With apologies to Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio]

[video=youtube;NGFToiLtXro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFToiLtXro[/video]

Like others here, I think she's long been involved in petty crime. For at least ten years she lived hand-to-mouth and on the fringes, flitting from job to job and man to man, but alvays (it seems) vith hard cash in her pocket. And, as others have previously noted, look at her skill vith knives (really nasty knives) and her knovvledge of hovv to hide them (and a gun). I don't think she learned such things from reading Nancy Drevv books. I also suspect this explains some of her long-standing relationship vvith MM.

Sorry about the missing double-u.

Your broken w cracks me up. Kudos on your inventive fix!

Travis' fingers are VERY different than those in the penis photo. This can be brought out in rebuttal. I'm surprised it wasn't caught before trial.

Travis had very white, thin long fingers. I thought those other fingers belonged to a person of color at first, then I thought they looked oil stained or very tan. Too thick/short for Travis' fingers. No comment on rest of the pic. :blushing:

I've been craving some mulagatani for weeks, but restaurants and grocery stores are low priority these days, thanks to The Trial. I was looking on Friday to see what ingredients I have to make soup. It would have to be hot dog and green pepper soup, in a delicate vanilla pudding broth.

Did you know there's a recipe thread? :floorlaugh:

You don't have cinnamon and cayenne pepper? They go with vanilla pudding right?

ETA: I think this may be the post of the day. I'm going to have to go back and start making a list of them.

Like others here, I think she's long been involved in petty crime. For at least ten years she lived hand-to-mouth and on the fringes, flitting from job to job and man to man, but alvays (it seems) vith hard cash in her pocket. And, as others have previously noted, look at her skill vith knives (really nasty knives) and her knovvledge of hovv to hide them (and a gun). I don't think she learned such things from reading Nancy Drevv books. I also suspect this explains some of her long-standing relationship vvith MM.

Sorry about the missing double-u.

I suspect she has been the cause of many a call to credit card companies asking about mysterious charges...

Yep. She was hoping he would defend himself then bend over backwards to show her how "not weird" he was. Same as when the bully ALV accused JM of being "angry" at her. Wanting him to retreat to "prove" he was not. Big fail. Both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo