weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some reason you think Napoleon won't live to see that day? Is he sick, have you heard something? I don't know how old he is...

I am hoping that would be in the next few months. Doesn't that usually happen pretty quickly after verdict - within a month or so?

i think he is sick,i cant remember what with but im sure someone will pop up with the answer

I'm a big crier, go through so many kleenex every day. :( Maybe Deanna can take an 8x10 glossy of Napolean for the victim impact with her. I think poor little Napolean should have his voice too. After all, in today's world our pets are so very much like our children.

Travis was not found for five days. His roommate said he wishes he knew something was wrong. When he tried to go into Travis room, the door was locked. Jodi locked it. That must mean Napolean was also behind that locked door. If Napolean was in the common area of the house, his roommate would have realuzed that he was not being cared for and would have known something is wrong. Did Napoleon go without food and water for 5 days?

Someone posted that Napoleon is now blind. I wonder how old he is?

Theres a poem I have to find. Its about seeing your pets in heaven. I would like to post it. My vet sent it to me when i lost my cat Nikki. I got her when she was 6 months old. She sucked on my thumb to go to sleep. I thought she would grow out of it. After all, she was a kitten. She sucked on my thumb for the next 22 years to go to sleep. I miss her.

Rainbow Bridge. I love that poem too. So sorry about the loss of Nikki, she sounds precious.

Thanks for your comments. I tried to duplicate the full-length shots of her on his bed with a professional tripod that extends up to 60" high and I could not get close enough to the bed because the tripod 'feet' prevented the camera in the center of the tripod to get any closer to 18" of the bed. Not even over it, but 18" away. With Travis having a sleigh bed no tripod could get that close either. Any bed frame, really, would preclude getting far enough in. Two of the shots are REALLY over her body, as well as a third that we can faintly see over Detective Flores' shoulder when he was interrogating JA.

JA testified TA was standing at the edge of the bed when the first ones were taken, then he crawled on the bed. I agree on both points. Someone standing at the edge of the bed could get those shots. If you have a tripod, try it and you'll see what I mean about it not being able to get far enough over the bed and high up enough to photograph her without a person actually standing there.

The full-length photos of JA were taken from the side of the bed nearest the decorative divider hiding his exercise machine. The armoire in the corner is too far away and at totally the wrong angle.

I agree a mini-tripod could take the front gynecological photo, but not the second. That's too far up for a mini-tripod. Not to mention, do you know how long it would take to set up a blind shot like that? All those photos were taken in very short order, the first shot of TA only 50 seconds after the "tootsie roll" shot of JA.

Yes, the thread moves so fast I miss most of it! :)

Zach had lived there since January and yet never had a key. He said Travis never locked the doors. Why would someone crawl when they could walk right in? Though I must admit, the visual of JA crawling through a doggie door is too funny to resist, even though that apparently didn't happen. :floorlaugh:

Jodi said all the doors were locked, which would make sense if he had company that he did not want someone walking in on. I would think the slider would have had something in the track to keep the doggie door in place. If all the doors were locked there is only one way she could have gotten in.

Travis was not found for five days. His roommate said he wishes he knew something was wrong. When he tried to go into Travis room, the door was locked. Jodi locked it. That must mean Napolean was also behind that locked door. If Napolean was in the common area of the house, his roommate would have realuzed that he was not being cared for and would have known something is wrong. Did Napoleon go without food and water for 5 days?

I believe it was mentioned that Zack's girlfriend had fed him.

[Respectfully snipped]Just saw some guy on an HLN rerun saying how believable Jodi Arias really is, that when he saw her at Travis' funeral and she gave him a hug he believed her. But, I was thinking, Jodi wasn't at Travis' funeral! Who are you trying to fool, false Travis friend?.

She did go to the memorial service they held in Mesa for him. So maybe that's what the friend called his funeral. Close enough if he was at the memorial service.

I'm a big crier, go through so many kleenex every day. :( Maybe Deanna can take an 8x10 glossy of Napolean for the victim impact with her. I think poor little Napolean should have his voice too. After all, in today's world our pets are so very much like our children.

Yes yes yes!!! What a great idea. Napoleon WAS like Travis' child, and thanks to JA he'll never be able to have a child of his own. What a great way to humanize Travis and also remind them that he'll never be able to get married and have children.

And I love that so many people here have their pets as their avi's, further proof how important our pets are to us!

I highly doubt that she's the one who set up that account. There are also a ton of Juror #5 accounts now too. I think they're just people who thrive on attention and creating drama.

The facebook account we were talking about was set up on December 25,2007...

Napoleon was not upstairs in the bedroom after JA left the home....she put up the gates to keep him down stairs, I remember reading that the roommates thought this was odd and he always had free reign of the home....and yes, I believe that is was Zach's girlfriend that fed him.....I still wonder if the cuts or abrasions on JA's ankles were from Napoleon.....

Dies anyone know how old Napolian is?

No, I've never heard that discussed. I was surprised and saddened to hear that he was going deaf and blind, as for some reason I didn't think of him as that old. Maybe because Travis was so young and I just assumed he'd probably only had him since he bought his own house. Maybe he got Naps when he was an older dog and not a puppy. I'm curious about that too.

Jodi said all the doors were locked, which would make sense if he had company that he did not want someone walking in on. I would think the slider would have had something in the track to keep the doggie door in place. If all the doors were locked there is only one way she could have gotten in.

When did she say all the doors were locked? Zach didn't even have a key and he had lived there the longest of his two roommates.

Rainbow Bridge. I love that poem too. So sorry about the loss of Nikki, she sounds precious.

Thank You. I have a 10 year old cat and a 2 year old. Two years ago, I heard a cat cry. I looked up and saw a kitten getting ready to jump from a fifth floor window. I was horrified. He jumped and was badly injured. I took him to the vet and he remained there for 4 days. I told my neighbor her cat jumped and died. I was not returning him. She got another kitty and a couple of months later put the cat and litter box in the courtyard. She discarded him like garbage. I took him to the shelter. What goes around, comes around. She owed rent. I evicted her.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

WOW! Steely Dan: do you live in the Wichita area?? I ask because I live in Topeka. I always look forward to your posts.
:seeya:

No, I live in Rochester. I worked at the phone center that's located in Rochester. We took calls from the techs all over the United States.

My dad lived in Topeka for awhile though.

My hubby is from Lyons

BBM

:waitasec: Does he chase down your dinners for you?

Napoleon was not upstairs in the bedroom after JA left the home....she put up the gates to keep him down stairs, I remember reading that the roommates thought this was odd and he always had free reign of the home....and yes, I believe that is was Zach's girlfriend that fed him.....I still wonder if the cuts or abrasions on JA's ankles were from Napoleon.....

Im glad to hear it.

We have the sliding glass pet door, it locks into the actual door lock, then the door itself locks into the pet door. Also on the inside, both doors have large pins holding them in place...here's a pic of ours:

View attachment 32055

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

LOL...was trying to think of something witty about the vac being your pet since the cord is through the door.

Like...when someone makes a mess on your rug, do you rub your pet's nose in it?

:great:

When did she say all the doors were locked? Zach didn't even have a key and he had lived there the longest of his two roommates.

I was hoping to get the picture soon, but it looks like this is one of those sites that doesn't have instant approval so I'll have to wait. I have a bunch of things to do and can't wait on it any longer. I'll post it later if the approval comes through.

I have no idea about this locked / unlocked door situation, but is it possible that if or when the doors were ever locked, the roommates just used the code to enter the garage? So many of the details of this case just boggle the imagination, but I keep reminding myself that much of what I view as odd (not locking doors, unsecured doggie doors, etc.) maybe stems from the people involved being young, naive, and carefree.

I appreciate the advances made in the recognition of DV. Any kind. ALV has done a lot for that.

However, the study of the dynamic of it has moved forward, but ALV's concept has not, IMO.

*deletd references re blood because I got it wrong. It was a faucet

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 9m

Good morning everyone! Not sure on exact start time for the #JodiArias trial today so I will be down there at 9 am to find out what's up.

Good Morning One and All!!!

I hope you morning, afternoon and/or Evening is going very well for you!!!

Fresh coffee :cup: :cup: :cup: or refill for anyone you needs Brain juice :-)

Well this will certainly a telling day in the trial of tales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member