weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha Everyone ....

I'm behind but just finished listening to the jury questions for Dr. DeMarte...

This may have already been discussed, but I liked the question of the bear vrs the tiger and thought Dr. DeMarte answered it appropriately explaining the difference in the triggers.

JMHO, I would think if an individual answers were based on a bear although the individual was actually attacked by a tiger the results would be inaccurate and not meaningful.

Now correct me if im wrong please ..... Mr. Martinez showed that the first results DRS gained were from the lie of the ninjas. DRS told Mr. Martinez that perhaps he should have re-submitted the test. The next day DRS argued with Mr. Martinez that trauma is trauma.

Based on the answer Dr. DeMarte gave she answered the question appropriately .... the results would'nt be accurate.

The thing about everyone graduating from Med school is a Dr is false. I'm in med school, and I won't be a Dr when I graduate (because that's not what I'm there for).

If you're not comfortable sharing I understand, but I'm really curious what type of degree you go to medical school for other than an MD or PhD.

I hope the jury reviews early testimony. I've been listening to det. Flores. The second phone conversation he had with her is the first time she mentions 2 intruders.

I'd completely forgotten that!

I thought the 2 intruders conversation was brought up the first time during interrogations with him (when she is in the orange suit/prison clothes)???
You're saying she said this before she was even arrested? Before the first interrogation where is doing headstands and crying for herself in white pants interview?

Just wondering what led you to believe Travis wasn't mentally stable, I would like to hear your thoughts on this if you are willing to share them.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words; what I meant was that perhaps due to his bad childhood he had a blind spot and was susceptible to being manipulated by Arias. I think many people who have had very traumatic childhoods have mental problems that affect their adult lives in different ways. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way but it's possible that his own insecurities and mental make-up made him particularly vulnerable in the situation that developed with JA.

Just to be clear, I'm not in any way casting any blame on Travis. He's the only victim here. Arias Killed him and imo should get nothing less than the DP.

She had given Travis a story that someone had come by her job at a restaurant and told her he was dating someone new (just like she said happened with MM). He was rightly skeptical and demanding she come clean.

I see...thanks! I wonder if he knew she had "found out" about this 'other woman' because, once again, she was stalking/following him?

I don't know about the manifesto,but she does get to speak just before the judge sentences her..If she wants to!!!

*blah*blah*blah*all Jodi will hear when she speaks is the sound of her own greatness*blah*blah*blah

lol

I would bet that going without sleep the first month your in an actual prison with a large population that are lifers. >snip for space<

Day 1 at Perryville: The guards have heard how tired Jodi was during her trial because the jail was so loud. :violin:

His/her first order to the population:

"Hey everyone Jodi is in da house!! Let's all be quiet and turn the lights off so she can sleep."

*snort*

Here's what helps me sleep at night: Jodi's audience and victims have, for the most part, been reasonable, malleable, easy to manipulate men. It's what she considers her strength.

She has never in her life encountered anyone capable of snapping her neck as soon as look at her. Jodi is the baddest a$$ in her world.

I'd pay to watch her real life "48 Hrs" once she's processed.

As I said before, she's going to find out what it really means to feel like a used piece of toilet paper.

:smiliescale: :smiliescale: :smiliescale: :smiliescale: :smiliescale:

Well…let's just see what she has to say after she's been found guilty of 1st degree murder and is looking at the DP vs. LWOP! As I've said before, the WHOLE REASON for this trial is to save her sorry a$$ from the DP. (Being that she offered to plead guilty to 2nd degree.)

Ya know, there's an old saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". I say, "You can sure make him wish he had!!!" :deadhorse:

Thanks for sharing that, ladonna!

But.....now I am really confused.....I thought Jodi appeared at Skye's house to confront Skye on why they did not like her?????? I did not hear about yelling.
Sorry.....I may have missed that.

Yes, she did. Then according to Sky's friend Jodi came and sat in the kitchen and stared at her which she thought was strange because if someone had just yelled at her for 15 minutes she wouldn't have done that, she would have left in tears .. Sorry for the lack on link, I think this was an interview on HLN.

That's right, but I don't think that was all. We don't have any phone conversations other than the May 10 phone sex, and there must have been many. I can't imagine choosing to relay strong emotions or outrage by typing instead of speaking. When Travis referred to "your dire conversation", he was talking about something he'd heard, perhaps a voicemail, but spoken words imo.

There must be hundreds of texts and emails we're not seeing too. That makes me nuts. I'm really hung up on the ones from 5/26 to 6/2. We know there must be something there------even if it's 500 calls from her to him, or long texts or something. No way she left him alone.

:rocker: I also think she may have purposely left the camera behind so it is found.

She even said after the state denied the second degree murder plea, she'd drag Travis and LDS church through the mud.

imo, she started to plan the killing once she left AZ and stole the ring.

Then it escalated (May25 texts), because Travis would expose her ways to PPL/Mormon men.

Jodi was bad news and she would not be able to capture her next victim in her web.

She put an end to that quickly and funnily enough moved on to Ryan B.

Oh, AG, your comments hit so close to how I feel. I don't think she ever loved Travis, or anyone else for that matter. She felt rage against him.

She left him butchered, bloody and naked, completely exposed. I think she did that deliberately, to humiliate him, even in death. Had she any feeling or remorse, she would have left him in a more dignified position, imo.

It was her last "Eff you" to him for crossing her, betraying her.

Me too. Everyone here helped me grieve and ramble on about my mom dying last week. I have NO ONE else to talk about it to. And I believe the ONLY reason I was able to even get out of bed in the morning was because of all the love, support and kindness I was shown by everyone here..((((((THANK YOU)))))) so everyone....keep on being nosy...I :heart: you for it!

So so sorry about your mom. Moms are so special to all of us.

I lost both of my parents at a very young age and you don't understand the pain unless you have been there.

And she seemed indignant about the question.. She is aware of everything she did. She is not a lost little girl she is a woman who feels entitled to have whatever she wants and if not given to her, she takes it or destroys it.

The same indignant she exuded when she kept insisting that she had a fabulous memory.

Yes, she did. Then according to Sky's friend Jodi came and sat in the kitchen and stared at her which she thought was strange because if someone had just yelled at her for 15 minutes she wouldn't have done that, she would have left in tears .. Sorry for the lack on link, I think this was an interview on HLN.

Kind of jumping off from your post, Minor4th wrote a really good post many weeks ago (I think it was while Jodi was on the stand) about how she thought the whole purpose of this trial for Jodi was to make Travis' friends and family suffer. The story you mention here is one of the reasons I agree with Minor. I think she really wanted all those people who made her feel bad get what she thought they had coming.

However that may not be true now. I can not imagine what else it is for. Private hearings seem to be put on the docket as such..

If you look before hearings there is a request for it first.. in the docket. Nothing here. We have no idea if something changed. Maybe they decided that they needed to add the day to get things moving???

Guess we will know on monday.

I thought they were off on Monday because one of the jurors was unavailable though.

I thought the 2 intruders conversation was brought up the first time during interrogations with him (when she is in the orange suit/prison clothes)???
You're saying she said this before she was even arrested? Before the first interrogation where is doing headstands and crying for herself in white pants interview?

No ma'am. This is a phone interview shortly after he was killed. Long before Flores went to Yreka and did the interviews we've watched.

She says a few times how strong he is. She asks about weapons used. She says he's so strong, she thinks it would take 2 people to subdue him.

Funny because that was before Flores even told her how he died. She does say that a friend told her there was a lot of blood.

she DIDN'T leave, after the host told her she was unwelcome , she said ok, then went and sat in the kitchen.

I think I can speak for all victim's families by sharing the words of a random travel agent who saw me struggle while making travel arrangements for my son's memorial.

He told me his daughter had also been murdered and he showed me her photo, which was right there on his desk. I have never forgotten his kind words. "I lost my daughter five years ago and I can tell you this. Your life will never be the same--you will never "get over" losing your child. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. The difference is that now when I think of her sometimes I smile, remembering something she said or how funny she was. Time does heal but it does not take away the loss."

The families have to go on, we have to find humor and joy in life in spite of the tragedies that ended our loved ones' lives. We are never quite the same but in some ways, we are better--making each day count, making sure our remaining loved ones know we care, etc.

It is all right to laugh and enjoy your own life even though someone you loved with all your heart was taken from you. It is a way to honor them because it is what they would want for us.

Thank you for sharing that. So sorry to hear about your son (((hugs))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE