weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right. The jury had to have taken notice of those casual smirks, shoulder shrugs, and carelessly cold remarks during her marathon 18 day soliloquy. Only one of the many reasons why only a malignant narcissist would think it was a good idea to testify. It has to be infuriating for some of them to sit there as the months grind on with their lives on hold, given that (in my opinion) they are ready to deliberate.

:cow:

If I were on the jury, I don't know if I could even go through deliberations...it's like what do they have to deliberate about? If there was someone on the jury who in the slightest bought into her story, I just know I wouldn't be able to handle it...I would just wanna say God just put me out of my misery right now, I can't take this, I cannot deal with this person.

I don't think that's likely. She was obviously concerned about the recorded call and if she had access to it after the murder, she would have deleted it and not bothered writing about it in that May 22nd entry.

It was lost and she was afraid of it falling into the wrong hands. The call shows malice.

She testified that she had reported it stolen/lost.

moo

Those of us who have been unfortunate enough to see Jodi's nether regions could say the same about hers. (Yikes!)
jawdrop.gif

I wish this wasn't repeated so often. There are MANY women out there who look much like Jodi does. And it is a source of pain for many, because it's "different" and they are very self conscious about it. I have done some reading on it, before I ever saw Jodi. I am not one of those women, but if I was it would feel like a knife to my heart everytime a comment like this is posted.

Sorry, but when saying it about Jodi - which we don't like her so it doesn't seem like a big deal - you are saying it about anyone else who looks like that. I don't like it!

:seeya::seeya:
Travis sent JA text on 05-26-2008 stating to take things one step further than staying out of eachothers personal lives -he stated to act as if neither of them ever existed.
At this point IMO is when she new she was going to kill him.

I have always felt the JA pics she took herself using a timer and that she had all intentions of killing him that day from the moment she entered the house he was under her control. The pics of Travis look more like she took them after making him lie down on the bed ( no erection ). The reason this is important is because the theory that they slept together that day discredits Travis' fear of JA. I believe Travis was indeed scared of JA at that point. I don't think he would have slept with her at that point.

I believe he would have texted someone something , such as " OMG you won't believe who showed up here today" while she was in the shower, restroom so on. I'm 33 and I know with my generation we text all the time and I know from this case Travis was part of that trend. Since no one knew she was every there ( because she didn't want anyone to know ) she had the gun on him from the moment she got there.
Based on the 911 call and friends testimoney and interviews Travis feared JA and what she may do, I believe he would have tried to let someone know she was there just as a FYI just in case anything happened to him JMO

I also believe the only reason she took the rope with her was because she brought the rope. She took everything with her she brought , left what was already there. This was premeditated IMO

BBM
I agree with what you said, except for the "rope" I don't believe ther was a "rope" . Another JA lie to explain away the knife.

Those of us who have been unfortunate enough to see Jodi's nether regions could say the same about hers. (Yikes!)
jawdrop.gif

There isn't enough brain and eye bleach in the world to get THAT photo out of my memory banks. I've never considered myself a PRUDE...but I wish I hadn't seen her junk, his junk....and ESPECIALLY the evidence photo of a young man with his throat slit ear to ear. There are some things that just shouldn't happen.

In a way, I wish I were a juror...I would only need two things to make up my mind...1) she confessed she MURDERED Travis 2) the photo I just mentioned. I'm glad I don't have to make a DP decision!

bbm - I have said it over and over again - THEY HAD SEX! He may have been scared of her, but she was also his drug. SEX was what they had between them.

I know they had sex, because in the picture of him on the bed with the bottle of KY next to him, look at his groin area.... its red.... due the the fact that he saved his pubic area, they used lube and the friction of sex. It happens.

And, not that ANY ONE wants to remember, but the picture that was taken of her "behind" she is VERY dilated, which is due to recent penetration.

They had sex. Sorry to disappoint, but they did. I do NOT believe for a second that he would allow her to take the picture of him on the bed with the KY next to him unless it was a recent picture after sex. :twocents:

They definitely did it that day. That was part of her plan. To entice him, get in the house promising some crazy sex.. I am going to be she told him whatever she had to and did whatever she had to to arouse him enough to let her in.

I know she used the rope because she needed a reason for the knife. but I wonder if she did indeed bring a rope, so if she needed to she could tie him up..

She planned this.. A to Z.

I don't think that's likely. She was obviously concerned about the recorded call and if she had access to it after the murder, she would have deleted it and not bothered writing about it in that May 22nd entry.

It was lost and she was afraid of it falling into the wrong hands. The call shows malice.

Gus gave Jodi the Helio phone around that time I think. Maybe to blackmail Travis. Gus didn't like Travis and I think there was no love lost on Travis's part. Gus was to of been in on the conference call that night with Travis, and Gus was going on the Cancun trip. If it's possible I think Gus left Jodi a little surprise on that Helio. He has the hots for her and said on the stand that he had info that could help or hurt Jodi.

I thought Gus Searcy bought her a new Heilo phone to replace the "lost phone" you can record convo's with the heilo.
He bought her the Helio as a replacement for the first phone she damaged in the cup of hot chocolate (or other beverage) in her car. 3 phones total. First one that she damaged in Mesa. Helio given by GS to replace it, then another third one. The Helio GS gave her is the one she did the May 10th recording on and then claims to have lost until her aunt found it two years ago.

moo

I have always felt that she parked that rental car around the corner, or down the block, away from Travis' house. And since she supposedly got there before dawn, no one would have seen her walking to his house from a block away. Who knows if she really got there at 4:00 AM (ish), the time that she said she got there. I was not able to watch the trial on the day this was mentioned, so excuse me if I have this info twisted.

JA claims she parked the car in the center of the driveway like she always did.
IMO) that area looks like there might be no street parking allowed. But I noticed a large green park-like space with a paved area directly across from TA house. Don't know what this space is but I'm wondering if she could have parked there.

Sleuth5~I don't know many things but I knew you were a man, absolutely. Never questioned it.

bbm - I have said it over and over again - THEY HAD SEX! He may have been scared of her, but she was also his drug. SEX was what they had between them.

I know they had sex, because in the picture of him on the bed with the bottle of KY next to him, look at his groin area.... its red.... due the the fact that he shaved his pubic area, they used lube and the friction of sex. It happens.

And, not that ANY ONE wants to remember, but the picture that was taken of her "behind" she is VERY dilated, which is due to recent penetration.

They had sex. Sorry to disappoint, but they did. I do NOT believe for a second that he would allow her to take the picture of him on the bed with the KY next to him unless it was a recent picture after sex. :twocents:

2nd bbm - there is no evidence of rope, because THERE WAS NO ROPE.... there would have been some sort of rope in any of those pictures she took.... there wasn't

But I do agree with you on 1 thing - is was PREMEDITATION! NO dobt

IDK just not convienced I guess. It was all staged to me.
Of course the most important fact is it was premeditation and she brutally killed him.

Re: the DVD remote control that JA gave to Darryl: can anyone think of a reason why JM didn't question Darryl about this more fully? Why was Darryl never asked what the remote belonged to and how long he had owned that device? Is it because JM suspects it is from the DVD player stolen from JA's grandparents but he couldn't prove it and so he wants to leave it hanging for the jury to connect the dots rather than give Darryl the chance to present a plausible alternative? If so, Darryl must have gotten rid of that DVD player at some point to "hide" the evidence of him receiving stolen property and of the fact that JA was the one who stole it.

It's been rumored (or wishful thinking) JM might actually have the DVD player and using in rebuttal and closing.

I want to believe Juan is saving the best for last. Because so far with DeMarte he's coming through like a champ.

I just read an interesting statement that I hadn't thought about. If Jodi actually DID use Travis' gun, she would do ANYTHING to help locate it because it would nearly exonerate her.
But because she is sticking to her fog-induced lie and not willing to cooperate, that pretty much suggests, she used her grandfather's gun.

Why did she call Matt McCartney on June 5th? Why? Why? Why? She was en route to Utah. Why after 'finding her charger' was he the first one she called?

It's unnerving the string of ex's involved that day huh?
Darryl (check)
Matt (check)
Travis (check)
then.....a new future ex, Ryan (check)

I know they had sex, because in the picture of him on the bed with the bottle of KY next to him, look at his groin area.... its red.... due the the fact that he shaved his pubic area, they used lube and the friction of sex. It happens.

2nd bbm - there is no evidence of rope, because THERE WAS NO ROPE.... there would have been some sort of rope in any of those pictures she took.... there wasn't

But I do agree with you on 1 thing - is was PREMEDITATION! NO dobt

I think she knew she had to have sex with him in order for him to let her take pics of him in the shower. I believe it was a trade-off, that he wouldn't have let her take the shower pics, so she said hey, let's take some sex pics and in exchange pretty please please please can i take a "photo shoot" of you in the shower...it's something i've allwaaays wanted, honey. plus it was a way she could control WHEN he took a shower, 'cause he would have had to take one after they had sex and before the time he was supposed to be ready for his event...didn't he have an event planned for later that evening? Or she could have just said, hey honey I have to leave now to hit the road, so remember you promised me those shower pics? It was all for control, that's why she had the sex beforehand.

JA claims she parked the car in the center of the driveway like she always did.
IMO) that area looks like there might be no street parking allowed. But I noticed a large green park-like space with a paved area directly across from TA house. Don't know what this space is but I'm wondering if she could have parked there.

I think there's a public park diagonally across from TA's house. Great place to hunker down and watch the house to see when roomies left.

She could have "hidden" somewhere in the house and waited for dark in order to walk/jog to her rental car parked down the block. If she was completely finished up with the murder at 6:00 PM (ish), she would only have to wait an hour until dark (maybe even less, because June is the monsoon season out here and it could have been rainy and dark that day), thus being dark by 6:30 or so....(JMO). So she would not have had to wait long to sneak OUT of the house. Again, this may have already been covered in the trial or on these threads, and I apologize if that is so, I haven't been reading here much lately, but I sure enjoy everyone's ideas and opinions!

In Arizona, in June, it's daylight until 9:00 pm or later.:twocents:

I am in awe of anyone who can understand opera. I can never understand one single word.

I perform in operas. (minor roles, but still all the fun) I tend to know the general storyline and what's happening in each scene. But I make up my own words for the singing. During final theater rehearsals those not on stage can sit out front and watch the run-thru and the super-titles (like subtitles) are running too. Sometimes I have been waaaay off, but usually like my version better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenna