weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally OT but I got this really cool manicure today...I have to keep my nails completely short and no real nail extending for my work but I got this what I'm calling "tromp l'oleil" manicure--it's a total fake out cuz my nails are super short...lemme see if I can show it--did I blow the margins?:

318754_10151652020471756_1036975378_n.jpg

It's gorgeous and so well deserved!

I do...20 plus years now. But I practice Myofascial Release therapy (which most people don't know about but I've practiced it for 23 years).

I learn something new about you all the time! I know a bit about MRT, since I have been dealing with CFS and fibro issues far too long. Too bad you aren't closer to me, I could use your service and have the most interesting chats.

Katie, my Grandmother would have told you...... Sweetheart, when you hear that calm still voice inside you, LISTEN. That is God talking to you. :seeya:

I think you would serve yourself and your family best if you skip going to trial everyday and watch from home when you can. The Alexanders know your heart and know you have a job and family and they would not want, and I trust Travis would not want, you to put either of those second. I so thoroughly enjoy your take on things. I believe you could write observations from watching at home, even if it is not about which juror is or is not taking notes.

Something is telling you to cut back , trust your intuition and please take care of yourself. You are an Angel on earth.

What you have done for the family would be tough to measure. I trust they will love you forever for all of your kindness. There is nothing you could do from here on out that is ever going to diminish that in the hearts and minds of them. Or us. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ with love , respect and affinity. It has humbled me seeing how you give so much of yourself. Whatever you decide to do, about cutting back or even not going until the verdict.....it is enough. You are well loved and respected, and that friend, is perpetual.

Here I come, hanging from my limb again.

HEY there's a suggestion for a new smiley emoticon...a smiley hanging out on a limb!

I watched the interrogation/interview of the mother.

My personal opinion based on a lifetime of watching people's body language is that this woman knows how to put on a good show. Whenever people start with the cry/talk I sit up in my chair and listen very closely.

What JA did was horrific, inexcusable and very difficult to even comprehend BUT having said all of that, JA still is a human being with a past.

Watch the video of her as a bridesmaid and she simply has no self esteem in that video. I watched that several times and she's so uncomfortable I had to wonder why.

Then I found the photo of dear old daddy holding her when she was about 3? He's an old biker this guy. Don't know him, don't know if he was a wanna be or a bonafide but Mr. TOUGH liked to show off his arms in cutoff sleeveless shirts.

Don't be fooled by women who say.."Oh her childhood was all cookies and my pretty pony."

My GUESS is that Mr. tough liked to be tough at home, JA was born with a very susceptible personality to begin with and placed in this environment with a mom who perhaps?? has mental problems of her own? And a tough man for a daddy?

I think it's was a ripe garden for fertilizing a BPD with violent, seething problems.

I feel sorry for the JA BEFORE she slaughtered Travis. Not after. Barring complete psychosis we all make our own choices and she made hers.

BBM

Odd; I've viewed the bridesmaid video many times and found her to be relaxed, calm and happy.

Additionally, my DH of almost 30 years had hair to his waist, still has huge muscles; especially his arms and thighs. He looks like a tough guy but does not pretend to be anything other than what he truly is: An excellent nurturing, sweet, patient and loving parent and husband.

Something indeed happened in that household, but I believe it was a reaction (healthy or unhealthy) to her budding and then blooming BPD. Unless someone with credibility comes up with hard evidence regarding abuse of any kind: sexual, emotional, physical as evidence in this trial I will continue to believe that her upbringing may have been a dysfunctional.

I think I'm finally tired enough to seek sleep, but before I go I just want to throw in my 2 cents. There is no such thing as blooming or budding BPD. It's a reaction that forms into a personality disorder that is ONLY caused by serious traumatic events in childhood. You cannot have it any other way, it's not chemical balance being out of whack. All personality disorders are a reaction from something, they aren't there organically. A person can inherit traits that make them more susceptible but that's still debatable in the mental health community. No one is born with these disorders, they are caused in life.

Hmmm. I don't think this is a huge issue to DT. They seem to have shot their wad on "experts" regarding DV.

I suppose it's really not a huge deal to the case but I wonder why it seemed so important to Dr. Horn during his testimony. In MOO, it's just more consistent with the evidence that TA was shot first - in cold blood without ever leaving the shower - with a rinky-dink .25 cal weapon - which probably misfired next and then she finished her evil with a knife. That's all. :)

I'm curious how this scenario would explain all the blood down the hallway, especially at the end where some believe she tried to cut off his head? What reason is there not to believe Dr. Horn that he would be incapacitated AND there was no hemorrhaging?

IMO the defense couldn't find someone credible to refute Horn's report.

I think I'm finally tired enough to seek sleep, but before I go I just want to throw in my 2 cents. There is no such thing as blooming or budding BPD. It's a reaction that forms into a personality disorder that is ONLY caused by serious traumatic events in childhood. You cannot have it any other way, it's not chemical balance being out of whack. All personality disorders are a reaction from something, they aren't there organically. A person can inherit traits that make them more susceptible but that's still debatable in the mental health community. No one is born with these disorders, they are caused in life.

Astro, I strongly beg to differ. As someone who has BPD and have been in treatment for 20+ (I'm 51) I don't think you strongly stated opinion is the majority of either the psychiatric/therapeutic community or research.

If there had been any sexual abuse, JA would have been shouting it from the rooftops! I don't think for a minute that there was any sexual abuse. I just think that she is a bad seed. Just my opinion.

Yep! I agree.
Not only that I think she exaggerated the spoon, belt thing and lied straight up about those sorts of things when she was growing up.

Astro, I strongly beg to differ. As someone who has BPD and have been in treatment for 20+ (I'm 51) I don't think you strongly stated opinion is the majority of either the psychiatric/therapeutic community or research.

Fair enough. I have BPD and I know how it happened etc etc. Best wishes to you.

Morning all :seeya:

Had a little vacation from WS yesterday..... :floorlaugh:
What have I missed??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yep! I agree.
Not only that I think she exaggerated the spoon, belt thing and lied straight up about those sorts of things when she was growing up.

I do think there could be something hereditary, since she is so very troubled and her sister is a recovering alcoholic or had to go to drug rehab. I do not think she was abused by her mom and pop. She would have dropped them in the grease about it, BIG TIME.

As far as her getting a spanking with a wooden spoon....when we were kids my mom carried a little paddle in her pocketbook and we would get spanked. It was not abuse. It was common for parents to spank in those days. Indeed even the school was allowed to give spankings. I recall we always had the option, do we want to take three swats from the principal's wooden paddle, or stay after school for detention. It was not abuse. It was what was done at the time. We don't do that anymore, but it doesn't make it abuse. In the words of Maya Angelou, "When we know better, we do better".

I do believe that she was born with something a bit off and then things may have been made worse along the way, but I do not think her actions can in any way be placed at the feet of her folks. Sante Kimes they were not. As far as the dad having tattoos, so what? Every uncle I have had a tattoo or two, they all seemed to have gotten them while they were in the service, as young men. These were good, upstanding, educated, church going gentlemen that perhaps would not go out and get one if they had it to do over. I recall thinking how out of place their tattoos seemed on them when I'd see them in a short sleeved shirt rather than their work suits. Nevertheless, the tattoo is no indication of a harsh person or abuser or drug gang member. The only thing I know about the dad is he is married for 35 years and has owned some restaraunts and worked hard all his life. Do I wish they could have made her get some mental health intervention, yes, of course. Do I think that once she moved out they had very little , if any.... control over her or her health decisions, yes. I also think they are unsophisticated and likely had no idea where to turn, believing that once she turned eighteen they had no legal rights to make her go get help. So they did what they knew, at the time, tried to talk to her, tried to go get her and help her move back home, etc.

This murder is on Jodi and Jodi alone, in my opinion.

Dint he kill Desdemona in a jealous rage?

Yoiks! She really looks crazy in that one.

I didn't realize she still went to the Shakespeare thing after the murder. Wow.

And what a crappy hair dye job she did.

Remember years back (or so it seems - when JA was on the stand) and he was discussing the nail salon and asking how long she was there, etc. and nothing ever came from it. Wonder if that will come up in rebuttal.

I do think there could be something hereditary, since she is so very troubled and her sister is a recovering alcoholic or had to go to drug rehab. I do not think she was abused by her mom and pop. She would have dropped them in the grease about it, BIG TIME.

As far as her getting a spanking with a wooden spoon....when we were kids my mom carried a little paddle in her pocketbook and we would get spanked. It was not abuse. It was common for parents to spank in those days. Indeed even the school was allowed to give spankings. I recall we always had the option, do we want to take three swats from the principal's wooden paddle, or stay after school for detention. It was not abuse. It was what was done at the time. We don't do that anymore, but it doesn't make it abuse. In the words of Maya Angelou, "When we know better, we do better".

I do believe that she was born with something a bit off and then things may have been made worse along the way, but I do not think her actions can in any way be placed at the feet of her folks. Sante Kimes they were not. As far as the dad having tattoos, so what? Every uncle I have had a tattoo or two, they all seemed to have gotten them while they were in the service, as young men. These were good, upstanding, educated, church going gentlemen that perhaps would not go out and get one if they had it to do over. I recall thinking how out of place their tattoos seemed on them when I'd see them in a short sleeved shirt rather than their work suits. Nevertheless, the tattoo is no indication of a harsh person or abuser or drug gang member. The only thing I know about the dad is he is married for 35 years and has owned some restaraunts and worked hard all his life. Do I wish they could have made her get some mental health intervention, yes, of course. Do I think that once she moved out they had very little , if any.... control over her or her health decisions, yes. I also think they are unsophisticated and likely had no idea where to turn, believing that once she turned eighteen they had no legal rights to make her go get help. So they did what they knew, at the time, tried to talk to her, tried to go get her and help her move back home, etc.

This murder is on Jodi and Jodi alone, in my opinion.

Really good post! From Dr. D's testimony Jodi scored incredibly high on numerous categories which means to me, she has A LOT more going on than a simple diagnosis. I can see the BPD very easily and also other characteristics. I think BPD was the first because there are many simple examples to show the jury i.e. moving to AZ, staying w/TA even if unhealthy (for both).

Someone may continue to examine her in prison and I think she'll be the rare 'cocktail' of Personality Disorders...imho.

I'm way to old (60 in July) to compare JA's 32 year old face to my own. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab one of the older photo albums. Besides I may wake hubby up. I really want to see how my own face was back in my early 30's. For some reason I think my eyes always crinkle when I smile big (all through my life). :seeya:

To me, she's always trying to appear mega-innocent, even Madonna-like. I bet she practices in the mirror. :floorlaugh::moo:

I'm curious how this scenario would explain all the blood down the hallway, especially at the end where some believe she tried to cut off his head? What reason is there not to believe Dr. Horn that he would be incapacitated AND there was no hemorrhaging?

IMO the defense couldn't find someone credible to refute Horn's report.

I was listening to the interrogation tape where she was first arrested [the orange] and when she starts her story of the ninja attack the detective ask her 'what was the first thing they did to him' - and - 'what did you see' She says; "Actually I didn't see it. I heard it first" and then says "Is there anyway I CAN SEE THOSE PICTURES." I went through the tape from the day before and the detective is telling her all the evidence they have, pictures, hair, palm print, etc. He doesn't tell her Travis was shot first he only mentions it one time [Tape 3 at 15:30] he says Travis was shot either in the shower or just outside of it.

She has had all night to think about this now -- she must think they had evidence of how it went down and I think that is why she said she 'heard it first' -- because she knew she shot him first. Also in the tapes she appears to be repulsed by the stabbing, saying she wouldn't have done that. IMO she planned on shooting him but the gun jammed and she HAD TO USE THE KNIFE... that's what I think. She starts her ninja story at 5:15 on this tape;Jodi Arias Trial: Jodi Arias' Police Interrogation - YouTube

POST I FOUND ON TOPIX FORUM RE: POSSIBLE ARIAS GUN BEING FOUND- NOT SURE IF I BELIEVE IT OR NOT

pmcbgdsr
Reno, NV
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#1Wednesday Mar 27

the gun was loaded, minus one bullet... it was wrapped heavily in paper and also toilet paper that was mostly washed away from it..it was wedged under a large thorny cactus. The man found it after a gust of wind blew a 20 dollar bill from his hand and into the cactus ... not far from the hoover dam in Arizona. It is the same calabar used to shoot travis. It was found over a year ago, but the man who found it ... watched some of the trial,.. and he thinks that it may be the gun jodi used. He works with my brother-in-law... and my brother-in-law was with him the day it was found. He turned it over to the department this morning and it is possible that it could belong to jodi's grandpa. This could be very big news! has anyone any info on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills