weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this intriguing, still! it would be great to put this message next to the long text message. Where do they relate in the timeline? If Travis sent this in April and the Text message was in May, are they related? Both sound like they were MAJOR issues for Travis to be so angry about. Since we know that he evidently passed fairly lights over some of her "lesser" offenses......like hiding in the closet or Christmas Tree, etc., what could be BIG enough to make him this angry.?

It also seems to me......as if somehow, this message relates to someone IMAGINARY and could also involve (in a peripheral way). Others that Travis knew. He brings up Leslie, Chris and Skye, and the Freemans.

Some thoughts, I am not married to any of them but would like to dig into this and see what y'all think.

Is is a MONEY issue? Like fraud, where she got the money for the car? She could have made up a story about some imaginary person who called her and said "since she was buying" the car from him she would have to accept the insurance money?

Or did she drain his bank accounts, based on some phone call from some imaginary person?

Is it a TRAVEL issue? I am still musing over the Cancun trip. Seems like April/May would have been about the time Travis would have received his final docs and itinerary, tickets, reservations, etc, for that trip. If he found the wrong names on the ressies, like you know who, instead of Mimi, THAt would probably send him into a righteous rage at her, and she would have made up some BS story about an imaginary person who changed the paperwork, etc. then he would have called her on it. We are pretty sure that Juan has "Cancun PPL" on his rebuttal list. I find it just a tiny bit not credible that he would call them ONLY to say that she had been on the original reservation.

Is it a PERSONAL issue? Did he actually find out that she was maybe emailing or texting other people (women). And spreading lies or pretending to be him? I don't know....seems like she was doing this sort of all along and he was at least tolerating it to an extent........I do NOT think she was spreading pedophile rumors as she only came up with that nonsense after she killed him. But if she was emailing or texting Deanna or Mimi or Lisa......using some pretend name....I guess that would be really upsetting to him as well.

At any rate, I think it is possible that the two messages are tied in some way, I think it started with this one then he tried to fix whatever it was and could not, and it sent him into a big rage which resulted in that last long text. He was clearly FED UP. And I don't blame him one bit.

IMo she changed the Cancun ticket back to her name and charged the "fee"
to his bank acct.

Sky and Chris were going to Cancun were Leslie and the Freeman's?
She knew that Sky and Chris hated her. She also knew they would not associate with him if he took her. He would be ALL hers.

I learn something new about you all the time! I know a bit about MRT, since I have been dealing with CFS and fibro issues far too long. Too bad you aren't closer to me, I could use your service and have the most interesting chats.

Spellbound...I feel your pain....I am having a big time relaspe of CFS at the present and can barely walk I hurt so bad....Sometimes I sleep most of day away and other times I can't sleep for hours.....What do you do to try to manage yours???? I cannot stand not to be as active as I can when I am feeling better. Ty and hang in there gal:rocker::rocker:

to his bank acct.

She knew that Sky and Chris hated her. She also knew they would not associate with hi if he took her. He would be ALL hers.

If this is true, then there will be some record of it in either his bank account, or with the air carrier in their reservations system (usually called SHARES) PNR (Passenger Name Record).

I hope it's true, just to be able to verify something! Isn't a computer forensics expert on the States rebuttal list? Interesting!

Seriously? Are you my sister, gngr~snap?

We gotta do lunch, or somethin'.

I am free to convert to your religion and attend a service with you this morning..!
Meet me at Chris and Sky's house!
I'll leave the door open.
It is too soon to get baptized though...
:floorlaugh:

I am free to convert to your religion and attend a service with you this morning..!
Meet me at Chris and Sky's house!
I'll leave the door open.
It is too soon to get baptized though...
:floorlaugh:

I'll leave the Christmas tree up for your sleeping pleasure - drop by, unannounced anytime!

If this is true, then there will be some record of it in either his bank account, or with the air carrier in their reservations system (usually called SHARES) PNR (Passenger Name Record).

I hope it's true, just to be able to verify something! Isn't a computer forensics expert on the States rebuttal list? Interesting!

It's the rep from the Cancun for PPL that I wanna hear.

I feel the same. Until someone verifies it, I can't believe it is true.

Major coincidence either way imho.

It also would mean, imho, that she knew where everything was because the fog lifted as she sat in her car and noticed her bloody hands. She was not in the fog when she got OUT of the car.

Don't know if that makes sense. But, if its the gun, belongs to grandpa then she should just take whatever the judge gives her.

eta: And I would also imagine that there were police converging on the place as we speak looking for more.

K

i agree,if it was found she is screwed.
i can see her begging for a deal but juan saying no dice.
also if it was true,LE would be swarming that area and i can't see the media not covering it.

:twocents:

If A 25 caliber gun was found in the desert and the bullet that was found in Travis's cheek matched the prosecution would file to admit this new evidence in court.
If a bullet from a 25 caliber that was supposedly found did not match the ballistics from the one taken from Travis's cheek than the gun would mean nothing.
It could not be proven it was Travis's gun or anyone else's so it could not be used in court by the defense or prosecution.
Jodi can not say at this time that it was the gun and she had wrapped it in paper after it was reported found.
If she had of said at the beginning of the trial that she put the gun at the base of a cactus and had wrapped it in paper then it might mean something.
She doesn't want the gun found for obvious reasons such as ballistics matching the bullet in Travis, that would prove she used her grandpa's gun.
If that were the case it would be game over for her and no way of using self defense to get her butt out the death penalty.
She knows exactly where she disposed of the gun but will never say where.
It would be unlikely she would keep the gun with her for very long after the murder because she knows if she was caught with the gun she would be finished.
I think it was most likely wrapped up and tossed in a dumpster or garbage can soon after leaving Mesa.

I find this intriguing, still! it would be great to put this message next to the long text message. Where do they relate in the timeline? If Travis sent this in April and the Text message was in May, are they related? Both sound like they were MAJOR issues for Travis to be so angry about. Since we know that he evidently passed fairly lights over some of her "lesser" offenses......like hiding in the closet or Christmas Tree, etc., what could be BIG enough to make him this angry.?

It also seems to me......as if somehow, this message relates to someone IMAGINARY and could also involve (in a peripheral way). Others that Travis knew. He brings up Leslie, Chris and Skye, and the Freemans.

Some thoughts, I am not married to any of them but would like to dig into this and see what y'all think.

Is is a MONEY issue? Like fraud, where she got the money for the car? She could have made up a story about some imaginary person who called her and said "since she was buying" the car from him she would have to accept the insurance money?

Or did she drain his bank accounts, based on some phone call from some imaginary person?

Is it a TRAVEL issue? I am still musing over the Cancun trip. Seems like April/May would have been about the time Travis would have received his final docs and itinerary, tickets, reservations, etc, for that trip. If he found the wrong names on the ressies, like you know who, instead of Mimi, THAt would probably send him into a righteous rage at her, and she would have made up some BS story about an imaginary person who changed the paperwork, etc. then he would have called her on it. We are pretty sure that Juan has "Cancun PPL" on his rebuttal list. I find it just a tiny bit not credible that he would call them ONLY to say that she had been on the original reservation.

Is it a PERSONAL issue? Did he actually find out that she was maybe emailing or texting other people (women). And spreading lies or pretending to be him? I don't know....seems like she was doing this sort of all along and he was at least tolerating it to an extent........I do NOT think she was spreading pedophile rumors as she only came up with that nonsense after she killed him. But if she was emailing or texting Deanna or Mimi or Lisa......using some pretend name....I guess that would be really upsetting to him as well.

At any rate, I think it is possible that the two messages are tied in some way, I think it started with this one then he tried to fix whatever it was and could not, and it sent him into a big rage which resulted in that last long text. He was clearly FED UP. And I don't blame him one bit.

These are all good ideas, imo, and she could have done any of them - or a combo platter!

I only think Travis put up with JA's shenanigans for as long as he did because she was a very sexually aggressive. And he didn't do more to protect himself because, as a man, he would feel like he could take care of the situation without asking for help (hope that doesn't sound sexist - I don't mean it to be).

hmmmmm....where's her cutesy little bangs?

Silly, they only hand those out with defense lawyers. And glasses. Standard protocol. I'm shocked we haven't seen a scrunchie - however the baby hair bands are making a comeback.

I do think there could be something hereditary, since she is so very troubled and her sister is a recovering alcoholic or had to go to drug rehab. I do not think she was abused by her mom and pop. She would have dropped them in the grease about it, BIG TIME.

As far as her getting a spanking with a wooden spoon....when we were kids my mom carried a little paddle in her pocketbook and we would get spanked. It was not abuse. It was common for parents to spank in those days. Indeed even the school was allowed to give spankings. I recall we always had the option, do we want to take three swats from the principal's wooden paddle, or stay after school for detention. It was not abuse. It was what was done at the time. We don't do that anymore, but it doesn't make it abuse. In the words of Maya Angelou, "When we know better, we do better".

I do believe that she was born with something a bit off and then things may have been made worse along the way, but I do not think her actions can in any way be placed at the feet of her folks. Sante Kimes they were not. As far as the dad having tattoos, so what? Every uncle I have had a tattoo or two, they all seemed to have gotten them while they were in the service, as young men. These were good, upstanding, educated, church going gentlemen that perhaps would not go out and get one if they had it to do over. I recall thinking how out of place their tattoos seemed on them when I'd see them in a short sleeved shirt rather than their work suits. Nevertheless, the tattoo is no indication of a harsh person or abuser or drug gang member. The only thing I know about the dad is he is married for 35 years and has owned some restaraunts and worked hard all his life. Do I wish they could have made her get some mental health intervention, yes, of course. Do I think that once she moved out they had very little , if any.... control over her or her health decisions, yes. I also think they are unsophisticated and likely had no idea where to turn, believing that once she turned eighteen they had no legal rights to make her go get help. So they did what they knew, at the time, tried to talk to her, tried to go get her and help her move back home, etc.

This murder is on Jodi and Jodi alone, in my opinion.

BBM
::thud::

I was not sure when corporal punishment was actually banned in the USA so I looked it up. even if JA probably was not beaten in school, I thought it was interesting.

School corporal punishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S. states banning school corporal punishment
Thirty-one U.S. states and the District of Columbia have banned corporal punishment from use in state schools. Two states, New Jersey and Iowa, additionally ban the use of corporal punishment in private schools. The states, in chronological order of the year they banned, are:
New Jersey - 1867
Massachusetts - 1971
Hawaii - 1973
District of Columbia - 1977
Maine - 1979
New Hampshire - 1983
New York - 1985
Vermont - 1985
California - 1986
Nebraska - 1988
Wisconsin - 1988
Alaska - 1989
Connecticut - 1989
Iowa - 1989
Michigan - 1989
Minnesota - 1989
North Dakota - 1989
Oregon - 1989
Virginia - 1989
South Dakota - 1990
Montana - 1991
Utah - 1992 [115]
Maryland - 1993
Nevada - 1993
Washington - 1993
Illinois - 1994[116]
West Virginia - 1994
Rhode Island - 2002
Delaware - 2003
Pennsylvania - 2005
Ohio - 2009 [117]
New Mexico - 2011

BBM

I was not sure when corporal punishment was actually banned in the USA so I looked it up. even if JA probably was not beaten in school, I thought it was interesting.

Thirty-one U.S. states and the District of Columbia have banned corporal punishment from use in state schools. Two states, New Jersey and Iowa, additionally ban the use of corporal punishment in private schools. The states, in chronological order of the year they banned, are:
New Jersey - 1867
Massachusetts - 1971
Hawaii - 1973
Maine - 1979
New Hampshire - 1983
New York - 1985
Vermont - 1985
California - 1986
Nebraska - 1988
Wisconsin - 1988
Alaska - 1989
Connecticut - 1989
Iowa - 1989
Michigan - 1989
Minnesota - 1989
North Dakota - 1989
Oregon - 1989
Virginia - 1989
South Dakota - 1990
Montana - 1991
Utah - 1992 [115]
Maryland - 1993
Nevada - 1993
Washington - 1993
Illinois - 1994[116]
West Virginia - 1994
Rhode Island - 2002
Delaware - 2003
Pennsylvania - 2005
Ohio - 2009 [117]
New Mexico - 2011

Where is Georgia? :waitasec:

BBM

New Jersey - 1867
Massachusetts - 1971
Hawaii - 1973
Maine - 1979
New Hampshire - 1983
New York - 1985
Vermont - 1985
California - 1986
Nebraska - 1988
Wisconsin - 1988
Alaska - 1989
Connecticut - 1989
Iowa - 1989
Michigan - 1989
Minnesota - 1989
North Dakota - 1989
Oregon - 1989
Virginia - 1989
South Dakota - 1990
Montana - 1991
Utah - 1992 [115]
Maryland - 1993
Nevada - 1993
Washington - 1993
Illinois - 1994[116]
West Virginia - 1994
Rhode Island - 2002
Delaware - 2003
Pennsylvania - 2005
Ohio - 2009 [117]
New Mexico - 2011

In NC we sign a form at the beginning of the school year either opting out or allowing corporal punishment for our student. Even if it were a corporal punishment in schools state, JA's parents would have been able to opt out if they did not agree with it.

Honestly, one of my sons opted to take the paddling once instead of the detention. It was 3 swats on the rear. He didn't even cry. He was 11.

I don't agree with corporal punishment and opted out for my children. Especially when I found out that they announce over the loudspeaker to all rooms that so and so was coming to the office for 'intervention'. I understand they do not do that anymore. However, the swats are not abuse imho, its the humiliation of the announcement that felt abusive.

K

Hubs just left on a 3 day trip, so I'm catching up on YouTube - I didn't start watching until Arias was on the stand for 10 days.

Not to freak anyone out, but I find it funny when I have to give hubs a pat down at the front door to make sure he has everything for work ... And he flies airplanes. Inconceivable that he can do it without me ;)

I'm quoting myself because I just got a text from the Hubs.

Hubs: OMG you let me go to work with my fly down!!

Beautiful wife: OMG, the world can't handle all that!!!!

See what I mean?

These are all good ideas, imo, and she could have done any of them - or a combo platter!

I only think Travis put up with JA's shenanigans for as long as he did because she was a very sexually aggressive. And he didn't do more to protect himself because, as a man, he would feel like he could take care of the situation without asking for help (hope that doesn't sound sexist - I don't mean it to be).

That's it! I am taking Astro, Rosey and Elroy and we are going to Mr. Spacely's to live! :dramaqueen:

You are giving me a HISGRAINE!

Because we all know I would never have a MY-graine

eta: I will be good now... just needed some comic relief

to his bank acct.

She knew that Sky and Chris hated her. She also knew they would not associate with him if he took her. He would be ALL hers.

I hate to say it but I totally agree. At least there is one other person who is as nuts as I am to even think such a thing! :)

What in the H E double chopsticks is this chick's obsession with TOILET PAPER???
:puke:

It's because every time she had any complications with anybody she always ran crying into a bathroom.
She has an obsession with bathrooms and toilet paper.
And now her life is in a toilet--kind of ironic me thinks.

It's because every time she had any complications with anybody she always ran crying into a bathroom.
She has an obsession with bathrooms and toilet paper.
And now her life is in a toilet--kind of ironic me thinks.

Exactly what I was thinking.

:rocker:

K

Where is Georgia? :waitasec:

Thankfully next to Texas in the "Knock the Crap outta them" category.

We moved to Georgia from Texas - my son is 20 and went to Texas schools - and he needed beat, and got it. When he got home, I'd beat him too just to make sure it stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew