weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two really good posts! One thing I've noticed is that, no matter how mentally challenged Little Missy might be, she is able to sit quietly for hours and hours and hours and days and weeks and months at a time. That is called "self-control," something which I got very bad marks in when I was school (speaking out in class, doncha know!).

But Miss "I've Got to Kill Him, and Make Up an Amazing Lie About Killing Him" can sit through THE MOST stultifying testimony and keep that tiny, tiny little smile on her lips, with only the occasional break to scribble with crayons or drink in that interesting way that I've heard described but not yet seen.

Bottom line: She can control herself when she wants to! :moo::moo::moo:
My experience with a psychopath is they're always in control, except when they're not, which is very rare. ;) If you watch one closely, you'll see a very predatory, almost wary, stance. They are always, always watching everything and everyone around them - even when it appears they're occupied elsewhere.

The only time I've seen one out of control is in a full on narcissistic rage - which can't be confused with milder rages intended to intimidate others. In just one of these rages, my ex broke a bookcase to splinters - midway through, he broke his wrist in several places, was pouring blood, and still couldn't stop beating the furniture to bits. I'm convinced that the only thing that stops a psychopath from flat out killing others while in such a rage is simply how quickly you can put something else in between yourself and them.

And Jodi, imo, displays some very inhuman traits - nearly robotic at times - also not unusual for psychopathy, but she's a lot 'worse' psychopath than many I've witnessed. Not nearly as personable, charming, or human as some are capable of appearing.

JMO

In her post-slaughter call to Travis, Jodi invited him to go see Othello with her and someone else - a girl iirc. Yet that girl isn't in the pic.

I think the girl she mentioned in the voicemail to Travis was something she made up in her delusional mind because Jodi actually had no friends. The guy in the back is totally photo bombing.

In the vm she asks him to "accompany" her and Heather...anyone know who that is? Diabolical....:furious:

Here's a snippet of a wonderfully written sarcastic blog involving this trial. I hope this isn't against any terms & conditions but if it is, I apologize in advance.

-Down the Rabbit Hole and 3 Red Mushrooms to the Left, Arizona

Professional victim Alyce LaViolette has spent the last two days tripping balls in Wonderland, trying to field questions from skeptical (and sober) jurors in the Jodi Arias trial. And judging by the tone of the queries, the eleventh hour “domestic abuse excuse” pitched by Stabby and her band of merry enablers is flying like a lead balloon in the courtroom. But domestic violence expert Alyce will still not budge from her seat at The Mad Hatter Kool Aid Party. She chugged it down in five gallon buckets, and is still trying to serve it to the jury.

Here are just some of the questions that MIGHT restore your faith in common sense after the whole Pinellas debacle, along with Alyce’s ridiculous answers.

Question: ”Why would you believe a pathological liar?”
Answer: “Because of the collaborative data.”

Since we can rule out consulting anyone or anything other than Arias and some cherry-picked texts, collaborative data can only be defense speak for “other lies told by Jodi.”

Question: “Could Jodi have exaggerated to help her case?”
Answer: “I found she was a person who didn’t exaggerate. She tended to minimize.”

To summarize: Using Cammy-D’s spiderman boyshorts as evidence of a pedophilia fetish is NOT exaggerating. And leaving work to drive 1000 miles to confront your ex about their new lovelife is MINIMIZING, everyone. Good. To. Know.

It was about this time the March Hare was spotted hopping through the courtroom with a teacup.

Question: “Why have you looked at Jodi multiple times during cross exam to meet eyes and smile?”
Answer: “I’ve been trying not to look at her. I have friends sitting near her. “

I would try not to look at her too. Because that wingnut’s black eyes will suck your soul away. And those aren’t your friends, Alyce. That’s Tweedle Nurmi and Tweedle Wilma, stirring up another giant bucket of Kool Aid for you to regurgitate all over the jury.

Question: “If you were brought in to determine domestic abuse, why didn’t you look more into Travis’ text that he was extremely fearful of Jodi?”
Answer: “I didn’t see anything else that made me think it’s true.”

Really? Not even his autopsy report, accompanied by her confession to 29 stab wounds, a gunshot to the head, and a slit throat? Stop eating the mushrooms, Alyce. I’m embarrased FOR you.

Question: “Is it possible your view of men in general is bias?”
Answer: “I don’t think so. Some of my best friends are men.”

Tell that to the seven dwarves; they’re holding quite a grudge since you accused them of beating Snow White. They still cringe whenever plumes of smoke from one of your bra-bonfires permeate their woods. Especially Bashful.

Question: “Is it conceivable a woman would kill her partner just to get away from abuse?”
Answer: “Conceivable, yes, but rare.”

Now brace youself for the followup question and answer, and try to keep your brain from collapsing in on itself with the sudden shift in gears. Wait for it…. Wait for it….

Question: “Jodi’s response to perceived danger on June 4, 2008 went way beyond neutralizing Travis. Is that normal?”
Answer: “Abused women often dont know when to stop with violence.”

Hdhdifosksbcurldlqmsbfkgltmsjh. Excuse me, my head hit the keyboard again. Just as a white rabbit dipped his pocket watch in the Kool Aid.

Question: “Jodi kicked, slapped, and berated her mother as a teenager. Doesnt that make her an abuser?”
Answer: “No, she was just a rebellious teenager.”

Got it. Girls are rebellious and feisty and allowed to suckerpunch their parents. Boys are actually young abusers. Such are the mad gender rules at this most curious of Kool Aid parties.

And finally, my personal favorite:

Question: “How do you know Jodi hasn’t manipulated you like everyone else?”
Answer: “I don’t feel I’ve been manipulated.”

Okey dokey then. If you say so.

Considering the sex tape starts rolling after the hellos, how do we know she didn't do exactly that? We don't and we also don't have her obtaining TA's permission to record the call.

If I'm not mistaken, it would depend from which state she was recording. If she was in California, she'd need the permission of all parties but if she recorded in Arizona, she wouldn't.

A legal eagle can confirm ...?

Hi Katie, nice seeing you in here. Haven't been on this forum in ages. Yes manicure.

Ok next I post the pedi which I do think you will be proud of. Makes me able to swim upstream. I'm in bed though...are you still downstairs? Bring me some coffee? :facepalm:

(Kidding folks)

Speaking of murdeROUS females, Dr. Drew is hosting the Mob Wives Reunion show.

Hope he's wearing a bubble suit. lol

I will be front and center with popcorn 'cos I'm obsessed with these wilda$$ gals.

I thought she kind of did. When Travis made that remark on the tape about her sounding like a 12 year old having her first orgasm or whatever it was he said, it sounded to me like JA pretended not to have heard that and asked him to repeat it, I thought she egged him on and was doing it on purpose in order to make sure she had it on tape.

She asked him to repeat it in a voice that was four octaves higher than she had been talking previously, switching right into the little girl role.

So it's not like she didn't hear it first time around. She wanted it on the record, nice and clear.

That high voice of hers, trying to act like a twelve year-old was one of the ickiest parts of the whole tape.

"PTSD is a Johnny come lately type of defense. We see it all the time", Juan Martinez
http://youtu.be/lDQuXm505bs
Mr. Martinez section begins around 22 minute mark. The arguments sound like a closing argument in the Jodi Arias case.

"There was nothing spur of the moment in this crime. Dishonesty is being presented to you, so you can feel sorry for the perpetrator and not look at the brutal crime committed."

"Every lie told to the psychologist was for secondary gain. Every one of them.
One cannot over emphasize the fact that there is not one shred of evidence for any of the abuse. There is no indication that it is anything but the defendant telling you lies. They are just shaking the sympathy tree even a little further to see if you will pick it up and eat fruit of this poisonous tree. "

He shut it down!!! I cannot wait for closing arguments. Juan Martinez's conviction rate speaks for itself. I think JM has sufficiently proven his case, and then some. He has been doing this for twenty five years. In the words of Katie Cool Lady, "I'm not worried about any one of these jurors". I had never seen this video before, but now I am even more in awe of Mr. Martinez. This is how he fights for justice for the families of victims each and every day. His life and his work matters. It makes me wonder when I am old and looking back on mine, what can I do now to make sure mine does too. I think that is Travis' legacy.....what remains and how many hearts were touched to be better.

This weekend Travis' best friend Chris Hughed began tweeting and speaking out, as so many of his dear friends, who by the way, all seem to be amazing folks, have. Whenever they speak of him, I think of the song by the Beatles, In My Life. For our edification this morning....

Beatles — In My Life

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them

I just don't hear anything so shocking in that tape that it makes me think, "oh, this is a set up."

I disagree only bc there's nothing even remotely worth recording in that stupid conversation...also, as a friend of serious Mormons...they would not take any of her "info" on Travis lightly. There were real consequences for him in the church if she ever "outed" him, blackmailed him, etc. I do believe she kept every little bit of "de-edifying" info she could on him..just in case he decided he didn't want to play house w/her. She makes me physically ill :banghead: As a mother of young adult sons I can only imagine how the Alexanders feel about how their loved one has been ABUSED by her and in the court room. They are seriously in my prayers :twocents:

How could the kiddie *advertiser censored*, grandma bloomers, Valentine's gift and the rest of the stuff come in?

If there is a gun, I think the DT is going to try for a mistrial...avoid the inevitable. They have been gunning for this for a longgggg time. JMO

BBM
I don't understand this, why would a gun being found lead to a mistrial? The jury would never know anything about it unless it was found to be the gun used in this crime and was entered into evidence. What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela