weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but that didn't make a convincing pedophile case in my mind. She needed something about boys in there somewhere, given her later claims. If she had thought of it before, she would had somehow worked it into her web -- maybe tying her hair up under a baseball hat for pics, or something, to make herself look like a boy. I'm just saying that the little boy thing was a later construction and happened past the point where she could have crafted any "supporting evidence."

Oh I totally agree with you. I got the impression that at a certain point in their relationship she started collecting little factoids in order to use them against him later in some way although at those times she wasn't sure what she would do with them.

I think Jodi has damning info on DB. Something that will put his relationship with his son in jeopardy.

Possibly, but being an ex-wife myself, if my version of DB had put my son at risk with his girl toy 20+ years his younger, whom I probably had no use for and could see right through from day one, whatever JA had on him would be nothing compared to what I had. (Sorry for that sentence lol)

Would I be trusting him to discuss sexuality and relationships with his 14 yo son when he had a step-father who wasn't afraid of them? Not likely.
Do I think my son would want to visit the Dad who shacked up and got financially burned by the murdering psychopath? No way.

She may have all sorts of damming evidence against DB but she's also a vengeful liar. I think JA is the least of his problems and convicted or not, he's already jeopardized his relationship with his son. MO

INALANDFARFARAWAY, your comment, I think she suffered from Entitlement Syndrome and that's pretty much it. (BBM) has always struck a cord with me. I have wondered if her "trauma" began when her mother began having other children and she was no longer that entitled only child??

I'm doing my thing...and I may or may not go to court on Tues anyway...it's my brother's BD. :D

I'm ok...don't worry. I got a mani /pedi today....I rested all day..does that make you feel better? ;)

Honestly what was overwhelming me were the constant requests for information...etc. I was feeling like I couldn't breathe. if I can just converse like this, I enjoy participating. I'm re evaluating my relationship w/ the trial and how I'm gonna participate.

Katie... I haven't "known" you for very long, but I love you to pieces. I am happy that you took some time out for yourself.
I cannot even imagine how overwhelmed you must have been. When my friends daughter was missing, then found murdered and dumped in the swamp, everyone knew that I was there with her most of the time and I was overwhelmed with phone calls and questions and messages. When it came time for the trial the same thing happened. I realized that people cared and were interested, but it does get overwhelming and that was on a much smaller scale than what you are experiencing.
I saw firsthand how the media can bombard a person, camp outside their door,and ring a phone constantly. She finally turned her phone off and quit answering it. It was a mad dash to get inside her door when returning from somewhere.
I sat with another friend in another room in her house and listened to a news reporter on the day they found her little body in the swamp go into great detail about how the grief stricken mother was on the scene to identify the body.They were so darn convincing that the friend and I looked at each other and said,"did she leave?" and went into the other room to see her sitting there.
It got to the point where she focused on one media person who had been kind , fair and precise with her reporting and would only do interviews with her.
Thank you for all you do for the victims and their families ! You have definitely earned your angels wings ! Take time for yourself and enjoy your weekend doing whatever you feel like doing just because you can. Enjoy your brothers birthday celebration with him and eat some cake for me !!
((((HUGGS))))

Oh I totally agree with you. I got the impression that at a certain point in their relationship she started collecting little factoids in order to use them against him later in some way although at those times she wasn't sure what she would do with them.

In twos.

Considering the sex tape starts rolling after the hellos, how do we know she didn't do exactly that? We don't and we also don't have her obtaining TA's permission to record the call.

I don't believe she ever obtained his permission to record the call. It's entirely possible that she did engage in some "contextualizing" of the fantasy scenario prior to beginning recording. I don't claim to know one way or the other.

BBM
I don't understand this, why would a gun being found lead to a mistrial? The jury would never know anything about it unless it was found to be the gun used in this crime and was entered into evidence. What am I missing here?

they don't need the weapon to prove pre-meditated murder, especially since she has already confessed

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

EXACTLY! In our case it was a Weeping Willow branch. And, you better pick a good one cuz if they have to go out and get the switch, you are REALLY in trouble.

:)

Must not be banned in GA? is that possible? That is why I shared it - I was shocked too- only 31 states ban corpora; punishment in school- this search was today.

I was kidding.. from what I remember, the parent has to be notified and give permission..
Heck we handcuff 1st graders here! kids are scary glad can't have anymore!
I really can't deal.

I don't believe she ever obtained his permission to record the call. It's entirely possible that she did engage in some "contextualizing" of the fantasy scenario prior to beginning recording. I don't claim to know one way or the other.

May I take liberties? How about "consextualizing"?

I disagree only bc there's nothing even remotely worth recording in that stupid conversation...also, as a friend of serious Mormons...they would not take any of her "info" on Travis lightly. There were real consequences for him in the church if she ever "outed" him, blackmailed him, etc. I do believe she kept every little bit of "de-edifying" info she could on him..just in case he decided he didn't want to play house w/her. She makes me physically ill :banghead: As a mother of young adult sons I can only imagine how the Alexanders feel about how their loved one has been ABUSED by her and in the court room. They are seriously in my prayers :twocents:

I can see the recording generally as a blackmail thing but I'm more speaking to the theory that she instructed him to say incriminating things before hitting record.

You know, there was a lot of speculation early on that it was a tale about getting married to Travis that she had been circulating back home that might have led to the rage after May 26. After all, she did move to Mesa after they "broke up," (but let's face it, there wasn't much to 'break up'), and that may have been partly to protect the fantasy she was still peddling to family regarding the coming nuptials. It would be entirely reasonable to imagine that she was sporting a ring of some kind when away from Travis, claiming that they were engaged.

It sounds nutty, of course, because it is. But it isn't any nuttier than women who pretend to be pregnant for nine months, and then, when their obvious deception will be paraded for all to see, desperately murder a pregnant women to steal their child. That is an inconceivably bizarre thing to do, but we know it as happened, and more often than we'd like to admit. Anyway, I think it's the same kind of "cornered animal" mentality that JA might very well have felt as she realized she was about to be thoroughly revealed and humiliated. I do not believe she could stand the thought psychologically, and given her obvious narcissism and who knows what other associative NPD's, the behavior would be entirely consistent.

For me, it was the statement of her father in the interview he gave to police that "she was planning on marrying him," or something to that effect, that really sealed the deal for me regarding this scenario. I could see then that she had been projecting an entirely false reality to others outside of the Mesa environment -- where she could easily control the dialog, since nobody knew the people in Mesa and could not verify anything she was saying one way or another. Because 'normal' people do not assume someone will lie about something like this, she was able to easily get away with the tale.

I'm not saying all people who have these disorders would resort to these extremes, of course. Only that in this case it does seem consistent with JA's behavioral patterns. She was caught -- the walls were closing in, and in her mind it made sense to simply remove the problem.

Note that after his death, she made every effort to inject herself into the center of all activities -- funerary, police investigation -- why? Because she still had that narrative of the "fiancee" running in her head, and she wanted to world to view her that way -- even though she knew she couldn't make that story work outside of a small, controlled, isolated group that did not know Travis. I say it's just part of her pathology. I hope I don't go batty trying to figure it out for myself.

:cow:

Excellent point. Had not thought about the humiliation. Returning to hometown after all the talk about marriage. Further humiliation about her future being a lowlife waitress in northern CA for the rest of her life....she thought she was better than that.

I just don't hear anything so shocking in that tape that it makes me think, "oh, this is a set up."

The first time I heard it I thought it was a set-up of sorts.

The way she has him repeat certain statements, just to get them on the record so to speak. (After he says she sounds like a 12 year old, she clearly hears it because she starts to sound like a twelve year old and has him repeat it)

Bringing up sex acts, again to get them on the record ("remember that time we took a bath....."

If I could bear to listen to that again, I could have quite a few more examples. But generally Jodi brought the conversation back to sex every time it veered away.

The whole tape had an air of "documentation" to it. IMO. And I had no reason to think that the first time I heard it. it was my initial impression.

I've been involved in a long-distance relationship for some time. While of course not everyone act the same, let me just say that there was something really "off" about that tape, beyond the general lack of intimacy and connection.

snipped from BritsKate~"If you watch one closely, you'll see a very predatory, almost wary, stance. They are always, always watching everything and everyone around them - even when it appears they're occupied elsewhere."

This, to me, decribes JA to a T!

OK, I must speak up about "nails". I haven't had any in years! And what I have had I chewed off watching JA to keep from punching my monitor. Did get tips once in the past and wondered why in H anyone would want them. I couldn't do ANYTHING with nails. I couldn't make a phone call, I couldn't zip my pants and then found myself constantly tapping the things on every surface I came into contact with. Never thought of using them to scratch someone's eyes out with...Hummm...oh well, missed that opportunity.

Here's 2:
1) Stay away from farmed salmon, esp. if the color has been artificially enhanced.
2) great with roasted asparagus and hollandaise sauce.

Is JA the roasted asparagus and JW the hollandaise sauce? Although the hollandaise can smother the entire dish... :)

Katie... I haven't "known" you for very long, but I love you to pieces. I am happy that you took some time out for yourself.
I cannot even imagine how overwhelmed you must have been. When my friends daughter was missing, then found murdered and dumped in the swamp, everyone knew that I was there with her most of the time and I was overwhelmed with phone calls and questions and messages. When it came time for the trial the same thing happened. I realized that people cared and were interested, but it does get overwhelming and that was on a much smaller scale than what you are experiencing.
I saw firsthand how the media can bombard a person, camp outside their door,and ring a phone constantly. She finally turned her phone off and quit answering it. It was a mad dash to get inside her door when returning from somewhere.
I sat with another friend in another room in her house and listened to a news reporter on the day they found her little body in the swamp go into great detail about how the grief stricken mother was on the scene to identify the body.They were so darn convincing that the friend and I looked at each other and said,"did she leave?" and went into the other room to see her sitting there.
It got to the point where she focused on one media person who had been kind , fair and precise with her reporting and would only do interviews with her.
Thank you for all you do for the victims and their families ! You have definitely earned your angels wings ! Take time for yourself and enjoy your weekend doing whatever you feel like doing just because you can. Enjoy your brothers birthday celebration with him and eat some cake for me !!
((((HUGGS))))

Wow thanks so much for this. Your sharing is so very intense...I found myself contracting just reading it. Wow, so horrible..just no words.

Thanks for understanding. Just been juggling so many taking care of roles in my life I feel like everywhere I turn something is needed from me in different levels of need. I'm a natural giver but as my friend introduced me to something she diagnosed me w "compassion fatigue". I spend most Saturdays a complete mess then Sunday can do some things, yesterday was no exception. Thanks for understanding....xo

INALANDFARFARAWAY, your comment, I think she suffered from Entitlement Syndrome and that's pretty much it. (BBM) has always struck a cord with me. I have wondered if her "trauma" began when her mother began having other children and she was no longer that entitled only child??

And didn't she hit her brother with a bat? And the denigrating comments she made while snickering about her sister ... she never sufficiently explained that (big surprise) and the way she was making fun of her was so cruel and hateful.

Kicking the dog. Probably because everyone was hugging on and kissing the dog and ignoring her.

I think you may be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member