weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Katie, nice seeing you in here. Haven't been on this forum in ages. Yes manicure.

Hmmm, well, you might see you r quiet the popular one here I'm salmoned seeing u here...I had no idea how far-salmony you are lol welcome back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was just contemporaneous or extemporaneous which ever fits better...or at all.

Speaking of words....this is no lie....when I was in first grade, the very first word we had to learn how to spell was:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Please please please tell me the opera is not Othello and your husbands name is not Heather.

Beethoven's only opera, "Fidelio". Mr. BetteDavisEyes is not named Heather - or any other flowery name, for that matter :D

Ha! Hubs and I call the ring "BHR". Stands for Big Honkin' Ring. I told him to go big or go home - so he picked out the individual stones and had it made - then proposed on the beach in Costa Rica with my daughter and his 8 yr old son (who then broke out into preacher mode and performed an impromptu ceremony). Even though the proposal for for the sake of the kids, he was very nervous.

My Hubs is the greatest! But, I never complain about him buying his expensive shotguns and we always go bird hunting together. He says it's worth the price ;)

It's the only flashy thing I've ever asked for. He is prohibited from buying any other jewelry for the rest of our lives!!

Don't you have to lose part of a finger when you join the Asian Mafia? Do they give you a break on the price of a manicure?

I do go to an Asian salon so it's kind of an unspoken thing between us. I typically have to jump behind a potted plant if certain someone's pop in. It usually takes me a good 4 hours to get my nails done...then I head to Walmart for gas cans and sunscreen. In twos.

I can see the recording generally as a blackmail thing but I'm more speaking to the theory that she instructed him to say incriminating things before hitting record.

I read on the fb page that Jodi's brother said on his MySpace or FaceBook page that she made that tape to scare off his Mormon girls he was thinking of dating. I have not seen the page myself, but that makes sense to me, something that she would do. I do think she was purposely recording it and emphasizing points over and over again. She sounds kind of like this lady , it just does not add up. http://youtu.be/Qge--X3i9xo

I find this intriguing, still! it would be great to put this message next to the long text message. Where do they relate in the timeline? If Travis sent this in April and the Text message was in May, are they related? Both sound like they were MAJOR issues for Travis to be so angry about. Since we know that he evidently passed fairly lights over some of her "lesser" offenses......like hiding in the closet or Christmas Tree, etc., what could be BIG enough to make him this angry.?

It also seems to me......as if somehow, this message relates to someone IMAGINARY and could also involve (in a peripheral way). Others that Travis knew. He brings up Leslie, Chris and Skye, and the Freemans.

Some thoughts, I am not married to any of them but would like to dig into this and see what y'all think.

Is is a MONEY issue? Like fraud, where she got the money for the car? She could have made up a story about some imaginary person who called her and said "since she was buying" the car from him she would have to accept the insurance money?

Or did she drain his bank accounts, based on some phone call from some imaginary person?

Is it a TRAVEL issue? I am still musing over the Cancun trip. Seems like April/May would have been about the time Travis would have received his final docs and itinerary, tickets, reservations, etc, for that trip. If he found the wrong names on the ressies, like you know who, instead of Mimi, THAt would probably send him into a righteous rage at her, and she would have made up some BS story about an imaginary person who changed the paperwork, etc. then he would have called her on it. We are pretty sure that Juan has "Cancun PPL" on his rebuttal list. I find it just a tiny bit not credible that he would call them ONLY to say that she had been on the original reservation.

Is it a PERSONAL issue? Did he actually find out that she was maybe emailing or texting other people (women). And spreading lies or pretending to be him? I don't know....seems like she was doing this sort of all along and he was at least tolerating it to an extent........I do NOT think she was spreading pedophile rumors as she only came up with that nonsense after she killed him. But if she was emailing or texting Deanna or Mimi or Lisa......using some pretend name....I guess that would be really upsetting to him as well.

At any rate, I think it is possible that the two messages are tied in some way, I think it started with this one then he tried to fix whatever it was and could not, and it sent him into a big rage which resulted in that last long text. He was clearly FED UP. And I don't blame him one bit.

Thanks just wasn't enough. I think Travis was fed up with all of Jodi's antics, but I think that the reason for the infamous May 26th text had to do with MONEY. Jodi claims that Travis was having money trouble. I believe that SHE was the one having money trouble and since she knew all his passwords, she helped herself to the money in his account. When asked about the beginning of this texting session, Dr. DeMarte said that Travis was not name-calling. He only began the name-calling AFTER being lied to. This suggest to me that he asked Jodi about stealing his money and gave her a chance to tell the truth. When she lied, after he had dealt with her hacking into all his other accounts for nearly 2 years, he had finally had enough. Money will make people do all kind of things, and yes, even a good Mormon boy will resort to some awful name calling when some (BEEP) wipes out his bank account. I think maybe on her trip, she made contact with him or just showed up and promised to start paying him back and thats why the check was there on the desk. I don't think he knew she was coming when she left Yreka and I feel like that once she was there he tried to pacify her out of fear until he could get rid of her. Unfortunately, his worst fears come true. I hope and pray that justice prevails. God bless his family.

Beethoven's only opera, "Fidelio". Mr. BetteDavisEyes is not named Heather - or any other flowery name, for that matter :D

Thank God you posted. I've been waiting to exhale for 3 minutes. By all means yes, the salmon. No other option!

Perhaps you should post a pic. Before you know it, you folks will have your own manicure thread!

I'm assuming you're going to post a photo there as well, Sleuth5? :floorlaugh:

The same place TN, SC, NC, AL, and MS, i.e. the deep south, are. My dh recently retired as a school admin in NC and GA, and even though corporal punishment may remain on the books as allowed, it's rarely if ever administered in these "look for a reason to sue" days. In his long career he's never heard of anyone being paddled by a school employee. When he started teaching, I think there was an option of having a parent come in and deliver the whacks in lieu of suspension iirc.

Yes, it is still true. Parents can actually be the one to deliver. I very rarely hear of anyone being punished this way though. I don't even think in elem school its done. Middle schools for sure. The student can actually choose though with the parents permission.

Its archaic but honestly rarely used imho.

K

I am watching Nancy Grace's rerun tonight and heard something that reminded me - DrD said that she testified the day earlier that she was NOT an "expert" as a Domestic Violence Expert because there is no Licensure for that. Therefore, ALV is NOT an expert because there is no licensure for that.....ALV never got a PHD like DrD, therefore, ALV is not an expert at ANYTHING.

I fully expected JW to say to Dr D....well, you weren't an expert yesterday, but today you are..... did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, is that what happened? Yes, or no?

Speaking of words....this is no lie....when I was in first grade, the very first word we had to learn how to spell was:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Omg you had every first graders dream teacher! Mary Poppins!

you guys, in this book I just read "Bad Karma" .. the murderer was recording conversations he had with the victim when she would visit him in his dorm...he would listen into them over and over, searching for indications of love, he would splice the tapes together so she would sound like she was saying she loved him...yet the entire time he had hatred for her and thought he would kill her because she deserved it.

so similar...this kid was also stalking his victim from the very beginning of their freindship.

Now I do wonder if anyone saw Jodi wearing an engagement ring?

I feel the same. Until someone verifies it, I can't believe it is true.

Major coincidence either way imho.

It also would mean, imho, that she knew where everything was because the fog lifted as she sat in her car and noticed her bloody hands. She was not in the fog when she got OUT of the car.

Don't know if that makes sense. But, if its the gun, belongs to grandpa then she should just take whatever the judge gives her.

eta: And I would also imagine that there were police converging on the place as we speak looking for more.

K

i agree,if it was found she is screwed.
i can see her begging for a deal but juan saying no dice.
also if it was true,LE would be swarming that area and i can't see the media not covering it.

:twocents:

:seeya: The only thing I believe about her story is that everything she says is a manipulative, calculated lie to fit with her BS story.

If there's a gun found, especially because Jodi specifically mentions getting rid of the gun near the Hoover Dam, then there's a calculated reason for it, and it's NOT going to be grandpa's LOL!

:twocents:

INALANDFARFARAWAY, your comment, I think she suffered from Entitlement Syndrome and that's pretty much it. (BBM) has always struck a cord with me. I have wondered if her "trauma" began when her mother began having other children and she was no longer that entitled only child??

i think theres a good chance of that. her behavior when she was a teenager and before described by her parents fits this.
i can imagine her having a tantrum and stamping her little murdering feet when she didn't get her own way or what she wanted. pretty sure she is still like that now

Don't know why but out of nowhere I was just remembering that movie Blue Velvet. Talk about creepy creepy criminals.

Hubs just left on a 3 day trip, so I'm catching up on YouTube - I didn't start watching until Arias was on the stand for 10 days.

Not to freak anyone out, but I find it funny when I have to give hubs a pat down at the front door to make sure he has everything for work ... And he flies airplanes. Inconceivable that he can do it without me ;)

Dear ED: As long as your hubby is really good at flying airplanes, I don't much care if you have to put his head back onto his shoulders before he leaves the house. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member