weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In her post-slaughter call to Travis, Jodi invited him to go see Othello with her and someone else - a girl iirc. Yet that girl isn't in the pic. I bet the wild-eyed, weird looking guy standing behind Jodi/"Othello" was the one who went with her. Could be a family member or it could be one of the numerous guys she'd connected with via LDS-linkup. She didn't have a car at the time, and I bet she set up lunch/dinner dates and arranged "rides" with love-lorn saps she'd never see again but used and disposed of after they'd paid the bill.

Her ex that won't show his face, she's scared him bad enough that he's hiding (and for good reason, he has a kid to protect). The one big big thing we all need to remember is that Jodi has pull in there due to her status and people will do things get her approval. The fact that people are watching websites like this, posting for her on twitter .. it's telling of our society.

without a doubt people live in fear of her and her retaliation.

I think Jodi has damning info on DB. Something that will put his relationship with his son in jeopardy.

I find it somewhat disturbing that so many are nostalgic for the good ole days of parents openly and happily beating their children.
I've always believed though, to a degree, abuse can be very subjective. What a lot of folks consider beating today really were yesterday's spankings. I don't think people are looking back fondly on physical pain as discipline being a particularly pleasant memory but more in a way to express how 'normal' that was for children to experience. Many, many adults were spanked as kids who wouldn't consider it abusive in proper context. Me included.

It's rather difficult to equate experiences of your own you don't consider abusive to similar ones Jodi is using to diminish her culpability for murder.

JMO

I don't believe her childhood had much to do with the choices she made as an adult. I think she suffered from Entitlement Syndrome and that's pretty much it.

Totally agree. But she will be one to howl to the heavens it's not now and never will be her fault!

I really land firmly on the DP for JA as I know it's what the family wants. She'll not be executed for decades if ever. She will get the best of the best legal help along the way and other amenities only reserved for death row celebrities. But it's the quality of life while she's there that will truly be punishment for her.

Unfortunately, based on what I've seen of JA's journals and her court performance, she'll make the best of it, wheedling and whining her way through jail life, getting as much as she can out of it, and giving back what she needs to in order to get her way. But it is going to grate on her very last nerve, every day, all day long, that she's no longer in control of her own fate.

I can only pray that she'll see the error of her ways, and try being kind and loving, and see how that works out!

sleuth5..they are longer than my nails...lol They look great, by the way!!

Perhaps you should post a pic. Before you know it, you folks will have your own manicure thread!

I find it somewhat disturbing that so many are nostalgic for the good ole days of parents openly and happily beating their children.

It wasn't just parents....when I was a kid in school, they got to paddle us for a variety of things. I myself had to stand up against the blackboard in my tippie toes forced to keep my nose inside of a circle that was much higher than I was. One teacher threw an eraser at my head for supposedly talking and then made me sit in the trash can for the rest of the class.

The big reason I don't buy any of this self defense crap is Jodi asking detective Flrores if she can see the crime scene photos (just morbid curiosity she says) then when she is sitting beside Willmott and they are showing the crime scene photos Jodi has her head down and her hair is covering the side view of her face like she can't look at these ghastly photos.
But if you watch closely she sneaks a peek at everyone of them.
This is a women that enjoys looking at her handy work and loves every minute of the killing.
This is not some one who did this in self defense like she is trying to portray.
Jodi is a person that planned the killing and got a self gratification out of it.
I don't care about what any of the shrinks say about her she murdered Travis in cold blood.
There is not any sign of remorse at all so if she really loved him like she says she did remorse would be evident some where in her testimony.
This is one cold calculating killer of the worst kind and I think she should get the death penalty without any hesitation.
She has no soul and only evil lurks in her and we can all see it.

In her post-slaughter call to Travis, Jodi invited him to go see Othello with her and someone else - a girl iirc. Yet that girl isn't in the pic.

I think the girl she mentioned in the voicemail to Travis was something she made up in her delusional mind because Jodi actually had no friends. The guy in the back is totally photo bombing.

It wasn't just parents....when I was a kid in school, they got to paddle us for a variety of things. I myself had to stand up against the blackboard in my tippie toes forced to keep my nose inside of a circle that was much higher than I was. One teacher threw an eraser at my head for supposedly talking and then made me sit in the trash can for the rest of the class.

Oh, yes, I remember those days as well.

Where is Georgia? :waitasec:

Must not be banned in GA? is that possible? That is why I shared it - I was shocked too- only 31 states ban corpora; punishment in school- this search was today.

Good morning peeps!
We all know that Jodi lies but I am fascinated by the lies that are told for no reason. I was struck by the lie she told Flores during the interrogation: my family will never come to Arizona to see me......she went on to say they never came to see her when she had a nice house and pool. Now look at her mother's statement....Jodi asked where we would stay if we came to visit her because the parents could not stay at Jodi's. Mother went on to explain that Jodi was afraid they would "snoop". Why did she bring this up while she's being questioned about a murder?
Love to hear your views.

I really believe the mother on this one. Considering the way Jodi lies, and cheats, and steals, can you imagine the treasure trove of secrets that is her home?

Keeping her mother away was easy. But once the boys in blue come in with search warrants, the jig is up! :rocker:

Yep. If she had thought of it before the murder, she would have incorporated it into the sex tape... "pretend I'm twelve," or "a boy..."

I thought she kind of did. When Travis made that remark on the tape about her sounding like a 12 year old having her first orgasm or whatever it was he said, it sounded to me like JA pretended not to have heard that and asked him to repeat it, I thought she egged him on and was doing it on purpose in order to make sure she had it on tape.

I thought she kind of did. When Travis made that remark on the tape about her sounding like a 12 year old having her first orgasm or whatever it was he said, it sounded to me like JA pretended not to have heard that and asked him to repeat it, I thought she egged him on and was doing it on purpose in order to make sure she had it on tape.

True, but that didn't make a convincing pedophile case in my mind. She needed something about boys in there somewhere, given her later claims. If she had thought of it before, she would had somehow worked it into her web -- maybe tying her hair up under a baseball hat for pics, or something, to make herself look like a boy. I'm just saying that the little boy thing was a later construction and happened past the point where she could have crafted any "supporting evidence."

Yep. If she had thought of it before the murder, she would have incorporated it into the sex tape... "pretend I'm twelve," or "a boy..."

Considering the sex tape starts rolling after the hellos, how do we know she didn't do exactly that? We don't and we also don't have her obtaining TA's permission to record the call.

Considering the sex tape starts rolling after the hellos, how do we know she didn't do exactly that? We don't and we also don't have her obtaining TA's permission to record the call.

I just don't hear anything so shocking in that tape that it makes me think, "oh, this is a set up."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela