weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS is what really worries me though. I fear that the jury will take her stupidity surrounding the crime and say "well she doesn't really sound like a criminal," so maybe there's more to this story. Oh, and since we're not really sure what happened b/c she's just so stupid and made so many stupid mistakes, we'll give her life in prison instead.

I might share a little bit of your worry right now ... but I feel VERY confident that the blatant premeditation will be brought home in the rebuttal. This jury will vote for "Guilty of First Degree Murder" and will give the Death Penalty. I just know this is a very smart jury, just based on their questions (whether they seemed sarcastic or not .. they are very smart).

The question for Dr.D about the "tiger/bear" attack was a little tricky. I think that maybe Dr. D. should have preceded her answer with "if a person DID in fact survive such an attack .... etc. etc. because I don't think there would be many survivors of such attacks ... but I don't see anything scary about that question. In general, I think the jury was very impressed with Dr. JD. I know I was. She was amazing in how she handled herself. Very impressive ... polished, poised and professional ..

If someone lunges at you in an attack, you will remember that as it looked and felt, not in words. That's one reason Arias seemed so false when the prosecutor asked her to show him the linebacker lunge. She wanted to talk about it in vague terms, anything but demonstrate it with her mouth shut. In fact, she never did stop using words and her physical imitation was far from useful (& looked like a vulture). She had not experienced it, she had devised it in that alphabet soup that passes for a mind. She was near panic when Martinez told her to "show us".

If someone lunges at you in an attack, you will remember that as it looked and felt, not in words. That's one reason Arias seemed so false when the prosecutor asked her to show him the linebacker lunge. She wanted to talk about it in vague terms, anything but demonstrate it with her mouth shut. In fact, she never did stop using words and her physical imitation was far from useful (& looked like a vulture). She had not experienced it, she had devised it in that alphabet soup that passes for a mind. She was near panic when Martinez told her to "show us".

Great post.

JM didn't hint other than his 2-3 approaches. That was JMO, as I stated. JW cared if their "expert" got called out. JW/KN cared mucho thus the last call when ALV, KN, JW came back into court and ALV complied to JM question about TA being afraid. KN/JW will not be a part of ALV "shenanigans".

We agree to disagree. :)

I thought I was leaving....but then my little chihuahua came prancing around my feet, I picked him up, put in my lap and then he threw up on my leg. Nice way to end the night.
TATA for real.

Goodnight, everyone. Thanks for all the posts.

She's not in prison. She's in a country jail. Night and Day difference!

She's in Estrella now, which is a Maricopa County jail. When she is on death row, I believe she'll be in an Arizona state prison called Perryville.

Sent from my hippocampus using Tapatalk

Did you guys already discuss the rumor all over twitter that someo e found a 25 calibur gun near Hoover dam and is turning it in to police. You guys are so smart and know everything so I thought I would come here for an answer.

BINGO ! haha alphabet soup...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But she's the one with all the photo-savvy. For she was a semi-professional. Most computer chips leave a footprint on the motherboard. How does she NOT know this? Why not just take out the memory card as a precaution? It's not making sense.

I really feel we're all missing a piece of this puzzle. I don't believe it's as cut and dry as both sides (accident verses intentional) thinks.

Being photo-savvy is quite different from being microchip savvy. You're overestimating her knowledge in computers. Even DeMarte, a college educated woman, assumed that submerging the camera in water would be enough to destroy the evidence. Up until three years ago, I would have thought the same thing and I'm one of those nerds who has built computers from the ground up.

It is cut and dry. It is a fact that the last three incriminating photos were found in allocated space. Ergo they were deleted manually *at the house* on June 4th. That shows two things, 1) she did not intend on taking the camera with her, 2) She did not intend on taking the memory card either.

I don't see a puzzle here, just a woman who made serious mistakes in her altering of the crime scene. She's no female Lex Luther. Just an average woman who failed, like many murderers before her.

I'm going to have to say that this is an extraordinarily bad time to be male in this particular thread.

Ack! Sorry boys! Too much discussion of junk--but .... to be fair we all had to see those other photos (which were not a good representation of us girlie ...um...stuff... :-/
:blushing:

Well ... she was more focused on turning her head to the left, because she wanted to show the projectory of the the bullet to the head (according to what she thought was the evidence ... but wasn't).

ETA ... I meant to say trajectory of the bullet not "projectory" duh .. oops

Ya .. you're right ... she can't keep her mouth shut ... guess they had to put her on the stand, but IMO that has nailed the coffin shut .. she's a done deal. I'm not worried about justice anymore. I think Travis will get the justice he deserves. DEATH PENALTY

Ok- I Was reading at
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/
today and there was a post about the stipulation JM agreed to re: JA not having a weapon in her hands at the time the photo # 159 (direct frontal face shot of Travis's face while he is seated taken at 5:29:20) based on the eyeball reflection expert's opinion. I went back and reviewed the sequence of photos.
#159 of face at 5:29:20
#160 of buttock and thigh at 5:30:30
#161 blurred of ceiling (as camera drops?) at 5:31:14

So, it is no concession for the prosecution to stipulate that JA did not have a weapon in her hands at 5:29:20 since there was the next picture (also in focus with flash and camera upright) a minute and ten seconds later at 5:30:30. JA in testimony makes a big deal about how this was an "inadvertent" photo, but JM pointed out it was in focus, flash etc. and so seems like it was purposeful. Perhaps it really WAS inadvertent and was taken as she reached to get the weapon from somewhere (waistband or sock or duct or robe pocket hanging next to shower or front pocket of a hoodie she might have been wearing). Then the next photo of the ceiling (blurry, and showing movement as camera shifts) at 5:31:14 (almost a full 2 minutes after the photo where JA does not have weapon in hands, as stipulated) is when she actually stabs or shoots him (I am in the stab-first camp, but include the shoot-first option out of respect for all you WSers in that camp!). That almost full 2 minutes is plenty of time for JA to retrieve a weapon from hidden on her body or stashed nearby.

You just have to know that all of us girls and women who are not chiming in to this might have differing opinions. :)

Roflmao @ hippocampus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ack! Sorry boys! Too much discussion of junk--but .... to be fair we all had to see those other photos (which were not a good representation of us girlie ...um...stuff... :-/
:blushing:

:blushing: True. I, for my part, have done my best to avoid burning those particular images into my retinae.

Being photo-savvy is quite different from being microchip savvy. You're overestimating her knowledge in computers. Even DeMarte, a college educated woman, assumed that submerging the camera in water would be enough to destroy the evidence. Up until three years ago, I would have thought the same thing and I'm one of those nerds who has built computers from the ground up.

It is cut and dry. It is a fact that the last three incriminating photos were found in allocated space. Ergo they were deleted manually *at the house* on June 4th. That shows two things, 1) she did not intend on taking the camera with her, 2) She did not intend on taking the memory card either.

I don't see a puzzle here, just a woman who made serious mistakes in her altering of the crime scene. She's no female Lex Luther. Just an average woman who failed, like many murderers before her.

Unallocated space.

Hitting thanks wasn't enough! All this mouse talk has made me sleepy. :floorlaugh: See you guys in the am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member