weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will bet my home, cars and assets that she was NOT a sex worker. I would have heard about it. We are a close knit community. Someone would have talked and I would be all over this thread talking about it lol

Maybe she's on sugardaddy sites? I could see her doing that. But it sounds more like she lied about someone doing something to TA and that person admitted to her about it via email, but TA says that person doesn't exist. I'm sure she made it seem like people were stalking her, loving her, and everything in between. He probably looked into that person and discovered they aren't real.

I agree, Kitty. JA couldn't have been in the phone-sex trade 'cause her rendition of a hot call to TA was sooooo amateurish. JA couldn't have been in the sex-trade biz for basically the same reasons. Amateur hour across the board although she "tried" to be something else, she couldn't pull it off at all. MOO.

I'm not sure but I have funny vibe that she will be on the stand here soon.

She can't testify, she's been in the courtroom every day.

She might testify during the penalty phase though. IDK

And she acts as her big old court snitch following people around and eyeballing the jury, or so it's been said. She has been accused of doing things to IMO derail this trial. But that's just hearsay. I notice she hasn't been in court for the last couple days of trial has she? I think she should have been removed from the courtroom long ago as a possible problem, but that's just MOO.

I saw her when JW was going after Dr.D. every time the Judge sustained an objection by JM, she would vigorously shake her head. IDK why they don't boot her outta there.

Agree, not a sex worker.

I think she lied and said 'someone' had sent her an email about someone who was close to Travis and he was protecting them against her spreading vicious rumours based on lies. Like 'I got an email from <insert name here> and he told me <insert infraction here> about (say) Mimi', and she contacted Travis to tell him hoping to turn him off Mimi, but it backfires because he thinks it's a lie.

:woohoo: this sounds totally right!

Love this post, but BBM ~ Her parents are not divorced. Are they?

I believe her mom is living in denial and a loss for what to do with her, and has been for a long time. There's no way Jodi had a perfect or stable childhood, yet turned out like this. Before the murder she had a life of meaningless jobs, dabbling in dumb things, relationships that didn't pan out, she dropped out of school (her mom had to sign for that). She kicked her mom in anger. She kicked the dog in anger. She's a product of divorce. I just feel there's something that happened which caused her not to trust people and to have a fiery resent towards her mother. None of it is a excuse of course, but everyone owning up to the reality of things would give the psych community more insight to the "nature vrs nurture" argument.

I just thought of something. Wasn't the big argument how private TA was? I bet they didn't use protection (he wouldn't want to seen at a store purchasing them, at least according to her) so her DNA would be on him still if they did have sex.

I've thought about that too. Of course he did take a shower, and he's a guy, so he may have washed off all the evidence. But there was clearly no DNA evidence of any sex.

I don't believe JA was abused by the Arias. There are people who are born bad. A house full of children and all but one turn out fine. We all make choices. There is something much worse than BPD wrong with JA. MOO

I just want to jump really quick on a conversation that people have been discussing off and on: the idea of Jodi finding a relationship while in jail. Usually I am neither here nor there about the death penalty, but there is something about the idea of her finding someone that makes me cringe. The idea that she could find love, have sex again, basically enjoy one of the most wonderful things about life. That she could still experience that. It pisses me off, because she robbed TA of it, and I feel likewise she does not deserve to make love or love someone again.

There are some sick ****s out there. A lot of those sickos don't end up in jail. Instead, they end up pursuing relationships with the worst kind.

Richard Ramirez... had a huge fanbase. He ended up marrying one of his fans.

Ted Bundy had sex with the dead bodies of his victims, and yet someone loved him enough to marry him while he was serving time.

Susan Smith... she has had sexual relationships with not one but TWO guards.

And that is just to name a few. If Jodi is given LWOP she will, as others have said, adapt to it, and start a new life. She may even get married. She can continue her art. People will be interested. They will be fascinated. She doesn't deserve any of that. She does not deserve to love, to have relationships, to write, paint, laugh, love, live, etc. Really, I feel quite emotional about the subject. But there is something about her smug attitude that especially rubs me the wrong way. If she is given LWOP it will almost be like (to me) she got away with her crime.

There is one aspect of criminal celebrity which is heartwarming to those of us outraged by the amenities available to lifers in American prisons. Plenty of those murderers want to be famous too. They would like to have newspaper reporters lined up for interviews. They will never have the respect of society but they can have notoriety. And how can they get that attention in prison?

Exactly--they can be famous for killing the killer. Whether she gets the DP or life, Arias will always be looking over her shoulder. She will make lots of enemies with her superior attitude --already has-- and I'm betting she won't be able to be in general population. She will be in special protective custody--and even there the only time she can ever feel safe is when she is locked up alone.

It's not perfect justice, it's not a life for a life, but living in fear caged like an animal still is punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney
That text was in the last thread and then the door shut. But I hope AstroKitty will post it again because it is very chilling! We could speculate that it was a prelude of things to come because in that text, TA was very, very finished with JA. There is something there that he is referencing that JA did which he finds unfathomable and is giving her 24 hours to fess up or make amends. As ALV said, "it's about context"...
Could it be about:
-
-JA stole his Mormon ring?
-JA stole TA's money?
-JA hacked into TA's e-mail and pretended to write something as if it's him?
-JA started sending pics out that were nothing short of emotional blackmail?
-JA changed the Cancun reservations and included herself and nixed Mim*?

What say you?

All of the above? He was furious, it had to be more than one thing unless it was something big none of us has heard about.

ITA he was furious for sure. Do we not know because texts are missing, not in evidence, or was JA playing her mind-numbing head games and not responding? For Travis to say what he said, I believe it was more than a ring or some material thing.

We all hope, I believe, that one witness during the rebuttal phase has that answer. And most of us believe, I think, if it were not for whatever that was, Travis would still be alive. Whatever it was concerning JA, who would be close enough to Travis to know?

It's an intriguing question, more so for me, at this point, than how and why JA did what she did. We will never know that.

Travis was looking for a name in that e-mail.It sounds like she told him a lie about something she was told & she told him.So he wants the name of the person.Does that make sense?LOL

I believe it was posted that it had to do with the story about the imaginary person that told her he was cheating and went to her job to do so.

I've thought about that too. Of course he did take a shower, and he's a guy, so he may have washed off all the evidence. But there was clearly no DNA evidence of any sex.

:rocker: If they had sex I could see him not wanting to be "dirty" and that's why the sheets were in the wash. I think she transferred them from the washer to the dryer in a habit (in other words, she just did it out of habit). But then that leaves 4 hours of the bed without sheets - unless he put new sheets on there. the strange thing though, there's no soap or shampoo in the shower with him (there's a cup) ...

The 4 hours between the first photo and the last holds all the answers.

She's been in jail for 5 years--not prison. Big difference.

I am not familiar with jails or prisons in AZ, but I do know that in Texas prison is a step up to being in jail. I am talking about the conditions of the prison. And it would seem it is the same type people she is around in jail. She has probably learned how to get along and survive. I hope not. I hope she gets taken down a peg or two. jmo

I missed a bunch on Katie's "spanx problem but thought from what I did get that it might have been what happened to me at work once. Apparently went around all day with my dress tucked around inside the back of my panty house exposing my bare butt all day which no one bother to mention until the end of the day.

Not the same I know but on my second day of a new job I was late getting up and threw on 2 completely different shoes, different colours and heel heights. Somehow I didn't realize I was limping high heel ,flat,high heel flat until I got to work and looked at my feet. Hi I'm your new cray cray co-worker. :blushing:

I don't believe JA was abused by the Arias. There are people who are born bad. A house full of children and all but one turn out fine. We all make choices. There is something much worse than BPD wrong with JA. MOO

This is true as well. Thank you for pointing that out.

I believe the old folks use to refer to that child as "The Black Sheep"

It was totally an inside job. The initials MM keep coming to mind. :facepalm:

THANK YOU. My gut tells me he helped her get rid of the gun, knife, ect. Why? If you recall, jodi said to DT Flores"why would I hurt Travis?" He did not rape me" BINGO. She may have said that Travis raped her. So he help her. IMO of course.

imo Jodi turned PPL tricks. ie: Gus S.

Now there's a thought, JA in the phone sex trade! IMO she was involved in
something along those lines. Maybe that's what Travis found out about her..

I believe it was posted that it had to do with the story about the imaginary person that told her he was cheating and went to her job to do so.

That's what I thought it was about too. I thought he was mad because she made up a story about some mysterious person that came into her workplace and told her about Travis's "cheating" and he just had enough with the craziness.

I not only don't believe she was abused, I think she got away with...pretty much what she wanted. Discipline v. abuse. People like DV "experts" should learn the crucial difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895