Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another difference - my history shows my last 50 threads.

Click on you user name in blue in the upper right corner. A screen will come up with a Members tab highlighted in black at the top. There will be several white tabs-- "Profile Posts", "Recent Activity", "Postings" and "Information". Click on the Postings tab to see all your recent posts. Recent activity shows everything you have done recently including your posts and your likes. Under the Information tab you can also choose to see all your posts or all your threads.

You can also use the History tab (On the black bar under the forums menu), which will show you the last 20 threads you have visited. If you want to just any see new posts from the threads you have commented on in the past go to "Watched threads" -- on the same black bar next to "History".

Is anyone else finding it confusing seeing the profile picture of the member who started the thread, rather than the subject of the thread, like I used to see? At the moment every list looks like a list of missing pets to me!

Steleheart said:
I can't figure it out either but I don't think it's erratic - seems I had no alerts then when I clicked on something else and went back I had 10 and they were all different time stamps, so it wasn't all at once. I just can't remember what else I clicked when the alerts showed up. Something similar happened with Watched Threads.

I believe you have to post FIRST, and then the Alerts pop up. At least that's what happens to me this morning. I come in here, and there are no Alerts, but then after I posted, the Alerts pop up.

Tippy Lynn said:
On an iPad if you tap on a members name a window will open with the users member since, messages, likes received, trophy points and if the member is online it will state what they are currently viewing.

Yes, but then you have to click on everybody's name that has posted on that thread. Kind of cumbersome.... I liked when you could just "see" the names on the bottom of the thread!
computer-hit-smiley.gif

Really? Nothing looks different here. Sigh....
What it amounts to is that font size everywhere has been reduced - Websleuths looks better, but many other sites I frequent are a little too compact. I already have size set at 125%, but adjusting to 150% was ridiculous - everything looked like a second grade textbook. I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

What it amounts to is that font size everywhere has been reduced - Websleuths looks better, but many other sites I frequent are a little too compact. I already have size set at 125%, but adjusting to 150% was ridiculous - everything looked like a second grade textbook. I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

While you hold down the control button, scroll with the center part of your mouse and you should be able to zoom in/out in other increments. If you are on a laptop and don't have a mouse, hold down control and use two fingers to "pinch" or "spread" the part of your laptop that you use to scroll. hth

While you hold down the control button, scroll with the center part of your mouse and you should be able to zoom in/out in other increments. If you are on a laptop and don't have a mouse, hold down control and use two fingers to "pinch" or "spread" the part of your laptop that you use to scroll. hth
I have a desktop with 21" monitor. Difficult for me to use DH's laptop (13") and next to impossible on phone.

I have a desktop with 21" monitor. Difficult for me to use DH's laptop (13") and next to impossible on phone.

I hear ya. I love my phone, loathe tablets, and am not crazy about laptops either. Unfortunately I work on a laptop all day lol.

Try scrolling with your mouse while holding "control" and that should help you with zooming.

Is anyone else finding it confusing seeing the profile picture of the member who started the thread, rather than the subject of the thread, like I used to see? At the moment every list looks like a list of missing pets to me!

This depends on the device.

Mine is set to 175% and I love it. First it pushes the side bar down to the bottom, so I don't have to see that, while I'm reading the threads. The text does get a bit big and it fills my entire laptop screen. But that is OK. It's easy to read and even the hard to read small orange on orange text becomes readable.

Since there are only 20 posts per page, it doesn't take much scrolling to get to the bottom, even with extremely large font size.

Last edited:
Mine is set to 175% and I love it. First it pushes the side bar down to the bottom, so I don't have to see that, while I'm reading the threads. The text does get a bit big and it fills my entire laptop screen. But that is OK. It's easy to read and even the hard to read small orange on orange text becomes readable.

Since there are only 20 posts per page, it doesn't take much scrolling to get to the bottom, even with extremely large font size.

At 150%, my font seems HUGE :D I can't imagine having it set at 175% :eek: I guess we do what we gotta do. I actually like the smaller font here, but it might be a problem on other sites I frequent (mostly news).

On the positive side, the recent Microsoft updates included a photo slideshow that changes every 24-36 hours. Of course, users can add their own photos, but I actually like the changing scenery - it's like a travel-log that takes me to awesome places :)

is anyone else having connection problems right now? for about the past hour, not being able to go to next page of threads or add likes etc. without being timed out.

I had a problem just now with not being able to quote a post. I am also having a few site errors...it says something about either maintenance or high load on the server. It's making me fear there might be a dDos attack going on?

I'm also really intrigued by all this chat about the smileys, and I'm feeling very old... I can't stand webpages that look like 12 yr-olds have been playing... my brain can't cope with all the jerky motions all over the place. But I'm very curious as to Bears10's comments and what would be a reasonable compromise to make things have a more modern feel without alienating anyone over 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025