Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we contact the tech or is s/he around?
Hey Everyone,

Dave is very aware of this problem and is working to solve it. Interestingly it happens at the exact same time every night.

As far as the pop up asking for your location that is not from Websleuths. Somewhere in your Internet travels that pop up was put on your computer and shows up on Websleuths. Even if it says "Websleuths wants to know your location" it is not ours. We do not have any pop-ups.

Dave and I were going to get together today to discuss other issues. We did not and it is 100 percent my fault. Dave was ready, I got sidetracked then I fell asleep in my car for like three hours. Don't worry I wasn't driving. LOL. I had pulled over to a shaded area to respond to text messages and before you know it I was out.

My goal is to get with Dave before I pass out like a pirate who drank a gallon of rum. ;) :p: Hopefully, I will be speaking with him before noon.
Thank you,
Tricia

My problems weren't at a specific time tonight...it has been all day long.

Most have expressed all day long, morning through evening and continuing early morning-24 hours. US-UK.

The same regarding type of device and browsers, in that most have expressed it being the same issue, no matter what the platform is. Apple, PC, Chrome, Firefox, and others, with or without .

The single common denominator is WS. Not sure why that’s not registering with Dave.

Most have expressed all day long, morning through evening and continuing early morning-24 hours. US-UK.

The same regarding type of device and browsers, in that most have expressed it being the same issue, no matter what the platform is. Apple, PC, Chrome, Firefox, and others, with or without ***********.

The single common denominator is WS. Not sure why that’s not registering with Dave.
It is absolutely registering with Dave. He is aware of the problem. It was me who did not know this problem has been happening all day. Not Dave.
Please refrain from snarky comments. It is easy to judge someone behind a computer screen. I hope you will stop with the snark and do good deeds instead.

Good to know Dave is aware of the issues. It is weird the way it changes from minute to minute.

For example, sometimes it seems to take forever to load a page. A minute later it only takes a second or two.

Morning! I was on until late last night (UK) and I didn’t have any problems with it running slow. I noticed it mentioned in several threads, along with many duplicate posts, some appearing 3 or 4 times.

If Dave is looking at reducing content on the site to help it run faster, we could probably do away with the Recent Threads/ Latest Replies as they are always identical.

Please don’t throw anything at me for mentioning it but are there any plans to reintroduce using Tapatalk? I see it mentioned on the threads regularly by users like myself who preferred it.

Still finding it hard to locate anything using the search feature, it’s easier to find through Google. But that might just be me.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, a thread I've clicked on gives me the option to edit someone else's post. I haven't tried it to see if it works. I think it may be a merged thread if that makes any difference.

For the sake of clarity, I don't have 2 accounts, I'm not this poster.

CP.JPG

Australia - AUSTRALIA - IVAN MILAT - The Backpacker Murderer

I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, a thread I've clicked on gives me the option to edit someone else's post. I haven't tried it to see if it works. I think it may be a merged thread if that makes any difference.

For the sake of clarity, I don't have 2 accounts, I'm not this poster.

View attachment 139794

Australia - AUSTRALIA - IVAN MILAT - The Backpacker Murderer

That's really weird. I located the post and clicked the edit option and it doesn't work, just goes to an error page.

Thanks,

That's good to know, if it doesn't actually edit I'm sure there are more pressing problems.

It just seems like the user copy and pasted that comment from a previous post of theirs or something, and they copied their username, edit, and post time along with it. I don’t think it’s an issue but I could be wrong.

Eta - I’m 99% sure they copy and pasted from their first post which was in a different thread

It just seems like the user copy and pasted that comment from a previous post of theirs or something, and they copied their username, edit, and post time along with it. I don’t think it’s an issue but I could be wrong.

Eta - I’m 99% sure they copy and pasted from their first post which was in a different thread
That makes sense, it looks like there isn't a problem then.

Website is running much better this morning. It actually sped up last night around 2100 Pacific when the number of users dropped significantly. I noticed that the worst thread to get into was the Mollie Tibbetts one which was moving super fast. Could the slowness to load be as simple as too many users?

I did a quick check and it looks like this particular page on WS has 571 links, more or less. That is a very large amount of complexity for a single page of a discussion thread. May I respectfully suggest that three quarters of these links are unneeded complexity and could be overloading individual computers/phones and also server bandwidth if that many links must be processed/transferred for each page viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion