Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have interactive Ads going from ‘Fox 4 News’, not sure what location that’s based out of. But I haven’t had previous Ad issues, & have always had all the necessary blocker stuff.

Oh no I've got them back again too. I thought those videos had gone for good. I agree with everyone on the probs. L-A-G , getting kicked off , losing connection, etc.

I have a question. Can anyone tell me what the glasses symbol means next to a thread? I originally thought it meant I was watching the thread, but I’m not, then I thought it meant I had viewed the thread, but they’re appearing on ones I’ve never seen. Just curious to know what they actually mean. TIA

I have a question. Can anyone tell me what the glasses symbol means next to a thread? I originally thought it meant I was watching the thread, but I’m not, then I thought it meant I had viewed the thread, but they’re appearing on ones I’ve never seen. Just curious to know what they actually mean. TIA

I have that too and the only thing I can figure out is that it happens for all posts if you've selected to watch a forum.

Still have problems.

Signed in. Read a page, hit the next page number, and got kicked off WS. When I went to sign back in, this is what came up

“An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.” It was 2??pm.

I forgot the time it frustrates me so. So tried again and was successful in signing in.

Was trying to post elsewhere just now but became discouraged after 18 to 20 seconds and came back here to see if explaining was in progress.

-----
Still took several seconds to post above too.

Yeah it shouldn't take five minutes to register a "like." I noticed that when i try to use WS on my laptop, there's a little box in the bottom left which moves quickly and says things like, "loading blah blah blah," and, "waiting on blah blah blah." The "blah blah blah" part is always one of the many ad sites, not the actual content.

I've also tried different browsers, times of day, etc, but it's just really s l o w. Earlier today, I got an error message I'd never seen, and I also keep having this page (see attached) hijack the page at random times, often while I'm typing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180723-182925.png
    Screenshot_20180723-182925.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 21
Total: 1,172 (members: 227, guests: 784, robots: 161)
Southernology® Slow As Molasses | southernology.com
SlowAsMolasses-Design.jpg

Oh no I've got them back again too. I thought those videos had gone for good. I agree with everyone on the probs. L-A-G , getting kicked off , losing connection, etc.

An additional comment to the above is that these fox videos have "Websleuths" displaying in the top left corner. So is WS authorising these?

Are these problems known to be happening on other forums that use the same software/servers? Is the tech guy working on the problems a representative for that that software company or is he an independent tech?
I'm on another forum that uses the same software and there are no problems. It's more simplified. For example, all the stuff on the side like members online, forum statistics, and the new threads/recent threads/latest replies is only found on the Home page. It's not on any other page on the site. Maybe Websleuths is too bogged down with having all of that information on ever page.

But I probably don't know what I'm talking about because I'm not at all tech savvy. So I'll leave it to the pros.

I'm on another forum that uses the same software and there are no problems. It's more simplified. For example, all the stuff on the side like members online, forum statistics, and the new threads/recent threads/latest replies is only found on the Home page. It's not on any other page on the site. Maybe Websleuths is too bogged down with having all of that information on ever page.
Me too, on a couple that use this type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member