Welcome To Websleuths # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Tricia hasn't had a chance to answer, but I assume the time is based on her location (MDT), not the individual cases.
Thank you Jax,
You are correct. The time is Mountain time and that is the time zone I live it. I am usually up until the wee hours of the morning do a bit of this and that.
The wonderful Harmony 2 is the one that usually gets to Mollie's thread. I take care of Shannan's case or Harmony 2 opens both threads because I have passed out in my office chair not realizing I have fallen asleep. I still think I am working in the forum. heh.

@Tricia - okay - I understand now on the time zones!

83x83px-LL-5e1c3da5_thankyou.gif
for ALL you do for us! I can't believe I've been here over 15 years....

Great forum -
93x91px-LL-85bce0bf_joy.gif

Question?

Is there a "limit" on how many "Conversations" we can have? I know on the old forum there was a limit. Just want to make sure I need to delete some of my older ones that came over from the old forum.

TIA! :)

Question?

Is there a "limit" on how many "Conversations" we can have? I know on the old forum there was a limit. Just want to make sure I need to delete some of my older ones that came over from the old forum.

TIA! :)

No limit, Niner. And you can chat with up to 20 people in one conversation now (wow ... that would be like another whole thread! )

How do I say this without getting a TO?

After reading Tricia’s response that she doesn’t have time to address the numerous questions on how the “naughty points” work, why are we using such a system?

This question has been asked repeatedly by long time WS, new users and myself for three months. I got a TO with no alert, reason, or length of time so I know what you are saying Lilibet.

Tricia, we know this is run by volunteers and you, the owner. We, your followers, need to know how changes on your websight work. It seems explaining this often asked question would be simple while at the same time eliminating redundant posts on the subject.

How do I say this without getting a TO?

After reading Tricia’s response that she doesn’t have time to address the numerous questions on how the “naughty points” work, why are we using such a system?

This question has been asked repeatedly by long time WS, new users and myself for three months. I got a TO with no alert, reason, or length of time so I know what you are saying Lilibet.

Tricia, we know this is run by volunteers and you, the owner. We, your followers, need to know how changes on your websight work. It seems explaining this often asked question would be simple while at the same time eliminating redundant posts on the subject.

This post is tactful and respectful 1&2&3, so if it gets you a time out, I’ll take one right along with you for agreeing with you. :)

Last edited:
@WS Admin Have you been tweaking WS today? Have had trouble logging in, typing and a ‘This site’s security certificate is not trusted’ pop-up box appearing regularly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am looking into this, no other reports needed.

Hehe I have been wondering what time zone Tricia lived in based on time a thread is closed for the night. Of course that never applies to me as I am always way behind. Posters keep giving interesting articles to read, etc.

I still blame my tablet for wonky pages lol. I just never think it's the website having intermittent issues. So I either go to another page or reboot. Somehow wonky page is back to its regular format (hope that is correct techy word lol).

Thank you for the awesome communication. This has been such a useful thread.

p.s. Congratulations Niner on your 15 years, wow just wow!!!!!

Pleasssssseeee can we be allowed to have bigger avatars? I don't mean picture at the side of our posts, I mean a bigger upload size. I find that nothing fits, or if it does fit, it's distorted or I can't tell what others avatars are. It's a little problem in the grand scheme of things but peeerleasseeee? I ask with the least amount of knowledge whatsoever as to what that would entail :D :p

Pleasssssseeee can we be allowed to have bigger avatars? I don't mean picture at the side of our posts, I mean a bigger upload size. I find that nothing fits, or if it does fit, it's distorted or I can't tell what others avatars are. It's a little problem in the grand scheme of things but peeerleasseeee? I ask with the least amount of knowledge whatsoever as to what that would entail :D :p
I have yet to be able to make an image small enough to upload here. :(

You can resize just about any image with a photo editor program. I used paint. You can google "how to shrink photo" and it will tell you how to do it.
sorry I wasn't clear - what I meant was that no matter how small I make it, the software still won't accept it, even when it's within the specified parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29