Welcome To Websleuths # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but you would be such a great moderator!
View attachment 143152

Probably not - don't tell anyone, but I have not read the TOS rules....
s0240.gif

Probably not - don't tell anyone, but I have not read the TOS rules....
s0240.gif
Oh no! You didn’t go there. But since you did... because apparently no one else has either. They are the same rules instigated since 2008, dates vary. I see no updates since the go live day. There are no likes except some of mine and a few older ones. Where are all the new members’ acknowledgements? There is the link at the bottom navigation that the Help link that is different than the TOS and goes to a site to navigate to updated terms. It is a conundrum I think about.

Can I please ask for some clarification on where we find our naughty points, if we have them? Also, where do we go to find out if we are on a time out and how long we are on a time out for? It is my understanding that unless a mod tells you, this information is not readily available.

Can I please ask for some clarification on where we find our naughty points, if we have them? Also, where do we go to find out if we are on a time out and how long we are on a time out for? It is my understanding that unless a mod tells you, this information is not readily available.
Yes. I have yet to read a comprehensive statement from admin regarding these frequent similar questions from different members over time. It seems since the time out points reminder is usually included in the opener of the first page - hesitation of those more vocal members are often unaware of their current status creating tension in active participation.

I realize the many variables in play in making these decisions. I wouldn’t want that job. Members do want to understand. Deservedly so.

As included in the Rules. IMO, JMO, IMHO, etc, etc., etc.
Rules - Alerts to Moderators

Last edited:

All good and necessary questions if this point system is to be used. In my case, as I have mentioned here several times when asking this question, I was given 4 “naughty points” plus reasons, but no notification that I was on time out. When I went to post, I couldn’t, and that’s when I discovered I was on time out, despite not reaching the 5 point TO level Tricia has noted. I asked privately, but I was never told how long my TO was to be. It lasted 3 days, which I discovered when I could suddenly post again.

Personally, and with respect, I think having a point system is “pointless” if it’s not clearly explained and implemented consistently. I’ve only had two time outs in well over 11,000 posts in over 5 years, so I think I have some standing to bang this drum loudly and often. I care about WS, and I believe that a dysfunctional point system is neither fair to members nor mods, and the confusion and frustration could be easily fixed with communication.
JMO, MOO, etc

All good and necessary questions if this point system is to be used. In my case, as I have mentioned here several times when asking this question, I was given 4 “naughty points” plus reasons, but no notification that I was on time out. When I went to post, I couldn’t, and that’s when I discovered I was on time out, despite not reaching the 5 point TO level Tricia has noted. I asked privately, but I was never told how long my TO was to be. It lasted 3 days, which I discovered when I could suddenly post again.

Personally, and with respect, I think having a point system is “pointless” if it’s not clearly explained and implemented consistently. I’ve only had two time outs in well over 11,000 posts in over 5 years, so I think I have some standing to bang this drum loudly and often. I care about WS, and I believe that a dysfunctional point system is neither fair to members nor mods, and the confusion and frustration could be easily fixed with communication.
JMO, MOO, etc
Loud and Proud, drummer girl.

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
George Bernard Shaw

This is ridiculous today. I am signed on for one minute and have 169 threats blocked from t.lkqd.net.
I would be curious to know what software is giving you these warnings. It could be bad software or to tight of settings.

@imstilla.grandma I am going to ask that your post be edited, do not take it personal. The reason is that this site and the sites like it turn anything that people may search for into a supposed virus so that the software they peddle can be pushed, it has nothing to do with virus threats just dollars. These sites should be avoided at all costs.

Lets look some real information. T.lkqd.net Safe? Check it Now | URLVoid

35 blacklists say they are clean, 0 say they are dirty.

JMO, MOO, etc
Communication is a two way street. What say you @Tricia?
@WS Admin? Is it possible to add something to the Help menu for members only. (btw, the Help isn’t really that helpful as it currently stands)

A while back I sent info to Tricia responding to another post/thread on this. I do not recall my research on this but if she posted it you should be able to find it with a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife