Welcome To Websleuths # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not able to view the board any more on my blackberry. Something about the new software my cell browser doesn't like. The old forum loaded fine. City-Data is on older software that also loads fine. I'll have to check another board that's running the same forum as here.

@Tricia, Has Mollie Tibbetts new thread been opened? It was supposed to reopen a few days ago but I don't see a link to the new thread. TIA

@Tricia
I'm not nagging, just wondering...last night the most recent Florida shooting thread was closed for the night and the note said it would open today at 7:30am PST, which was a couple hours ago, so I'm just checking in. Thank you.

@Tricia, Has Mollie Tibbetts new thread been opened? It was supposed to reopen a few days ago but I don't see a link to the new thread. TIA

I'm not nagging nor complaining, but the thread I asked about yesterday never did open, so just still kinda wondering and bumping the two related posts together.
Thank you.

@Tricia
I'm not nagging, just wondering...last night the most recent Florida shooting thread was closed for the night and the note said it would open today at 7:30am PST, which was a couple hours ago, so I'm just checking in. Thank you.

I had reported twice to Tricia on that thread yesterday, hoping that would remind her to open it.

I private messaged her this morning to ask yet, a third time. No idea why that thread was never re-opened up, but we have lost a couple of days on it

...so nobody can tell me where to find my naughty points? :(
Tricia hasn’t answered this question but I do know that none of us can see those points. I have a feeling that the actual point system has not been enacted yet. They are still working out the kinks with this new forum format and she mentioned that they were training new moderators as some of the long time ones had left. I feel like a teacher saying this but if you follow the rules you won’t have to worry about naughty points ;)

Tricia hasn’t answered this question but I do know that none of us can see those points. I have a feeling that the actual point system has not been enacted yet. They are still working out the kinks with this new forum format and she mentioned that they were training new moderators as some of the long time ones had left. I feel like a teacher saying this but if you follow the rules you won’t have to worry about naughty points ;)

Yeah, you do sound like a teacher. :) I can say that because my husband was one.

I do know the point system has been enacted because I was told I had 4 “naughty” points and why. But if you get a time out for fewer points than Tricia specified (as I did), you do have to worry about naughty points.

I acknowledge that Tricia has had a lot of other things going on of more importance than time outs and points. So I expect we will hear more soon. I hope the system is on hold until it’s clarified.

Yeah, you do sound like a teacher. :) I can say that because my husband was one.

I do know the point system has been enacted because I was told I had 4 “naughty” points and why. But if you get a time out for fewer points than Tricia specified (as I did), you do have to worry about naughty points.

I acknowledge that Tricia has had a lot of other things going on of more importance than time outs and points. So I expect we will hear more soon. I hope the system is on hold until it’s clarified.
Oops I should have kept my big mouth shut! Now I remember why I never wanted to be a teacher :oops:

Deleted. Just saw Lilibets post :)

How do we stop receiving a copy of every message sent in a conversation to our email?!?!?! There must be a way.

I don't get emails for all ALERTS but I get a copy of every reply written in a conversation....

How do we stop receiving a copy of every message sent in a conversation to our email?!?!?! There must be a way.

I don't get emails for all ALERTS but I get a copy of every reply written in a conversation....
Click your name on the top right of the page and a little window will pop up then inside that you click "contact details" and that takes you to where you can change your preferences regarding emails.

I acknowledge that Tricia has had a lot of other things going on of more importance than timeouts and points. So I expect we will hear more soon. I hope the system is on hold until it’s clarified.
Hi Everyone,

If you receive 5 points within 30 days you get an automatic timeout 3-day timeout. 30 days after receiving the points the points drop off.

There is no way for the mod to give anyone any points without a private message aka conversation being sent to the person receiving the points.

You will receive an alert that you have a new conversation in your inbox. That conversation is generated when you receive points or a timeout and explains why you received the points. It tells you exactly what you did to get your points.

What really bothers me is there is no way for you all to see how many points you have acquired. We can see them but you can't which makes no sense to me at all. I am assuming Xen Foro decided the message you receive every time you get points was enough. That's just my opinion

I understand the questions about the timeout system have not been answered to your satisfaction and as soon as it is humanly possible I will be able to explain in more detail.
Lilibet if you have anything else you would like to discuss on this topic please send me a private message.

What I love is when other members step in and help answer questions.

I really appreciate everyone who helps out on this thread. Thank you.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member