Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is posting both the link AND the title of the article. The title is the link. Just hover over the blue title text and click. How cool is that? I like it. I was always copying the title of articles in my posts and now I don't have to-- one copy brings over the title as a handy link. :cool:

Thank you. Now I know to use the title as the link.

Is there a reason for the time-limit? If not, can Edit just be indefinite .... so when we find horrible typos the next day we can edit ourselves; it would save asking a mod to fix a broken link or other piddly errors,

And why did this post of mine not come up at the end of the thread ? it is currently on Page 3 of 11 ... ???

Try refreshing your page. I see your post on page 11. I have noticed the post seems to shows up first under whatever page we are on while replying but then it "moves" to the end of the thread in the order it was made. Not sure why this is and it is a little disorienting but I can deal if that's the way it is supposed to work.

ETA: For example: when I posted this reply it showed on page 11, then I went to the end of the thread and this post is now on page 12.

Is there a reason for the time-limit? If not, can Edit just be indefinite .... so when we find horrible typos the next day we can edit ourselves; it would save asking a mod to fix a broken link or other piddly errors,

And why did this post of mine not come up at the end of the thread ? it is currently on Page 3 of 11 ... ???

You’re on page 11. I think it initially shows on the page of the post you replied to and then quickly goes to the last page.

ETA: Gardener explained it well!

The white on gray is difficult too.

I would just suggest that anything without much contrast be fixed for those of us with old eyes. (Not that you’re old Kaboom, but I am! :))

I don't have too much problem with the white on grey. The grey scale on my screen is pretty dark anyway. So it's almost like white on black. But the black on grey is almost like black on black. Also that one pixel wide blue up arrow on the quotes is almost invisible to me.

Anyway I agree. There needs to be a lot more contrast on the theme, or users are going to be missing things.

Try refreshing your page. I see your post on page 11. I have noticed the post seems to shows up first under whatever page we are on while replying but then it "moves" to the end of the thread in the order it was made. Not sure why this is and it is a little disorienting but I can deal if that's the way it is supposed to work.

ETA: For example: when I posted this reply it showed on page 11, then I went to the end of the thread and this post is now on page 12.

Gardener, I just got a notification that I'm "Seriously Likeable" LOL. These trophy points are cracking me up!

Thank you Tricia for giving us this great new platform. Still lots I don’t understand but it will be fun learning.

I apologize if this question has already been asked:

When I copy and post a link to an article the url doesn’t post. Instead, the title of the article posts. Is this the way the platform works or is there something I’m doing wrong?

That's a good thing! :D

Prefixes are being fixed as we speak. I also agree with all of the comments regarding orange on orange. That WILL be changed but it will not be for probably a few days. Sorry, A change as big as this creates lots of issues and they must be prioritized but I promise that color issue is near the top.

If we still had the icon, I would be blowing kisses your way. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DAVE!

Overall, its a good site now. A few tweaks should do it.

Gardener, I just got a notification that I'm "Seriously Likeable" LOL. These trophy points are cracking me up!

LOL. I just found a new section-- click on "members" on the orange bar at the top and it shows a list of "notable members". Click on "most likes" and you are the top Ana-- you have more likes than Tricia. I'm in 3rd place, lol! Hilarious!

Strange, wasn't it? Thanks for the tip / explanation. :)

Can we have the “Watched Threads” bar down at the bottom of the page also so that when done with one thread we can move to the next watched one without having to scroll all the way to the top again? Or a quick link to go to the top?

Can we have the “Watched Threads” bar down at the bottom of the page also so that when done with one thread we can move to the next watched one without having to scroll all the way to the top again? Or a quick link to go to the top?

Right hand side, bottom of page , there is a "top" button

This might be a silly question but I was wondering how to delete conversations? Do they go away after a short time or what? I'm a noob.
I couldn’t find a way to delete conversations in beta. Nor can you edit a conversational reply.

I believe you click the option to leave conversation.
You can choose to leave a conversation, but you can get back in. If you have initially invited five members and one leaves, there is no way to invite a replacement. Nor can you uninvite. I’ve been swamped with real life but am fixin to settle down in a little bit and roam the halls of our new home. Hopefully, we can help each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1