Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to add a thread to your watched threads without having to post in it?
Yes.

You find the thread you're interested in and at the top of the page on the the right, there's a 'watch thread' button. Click, and then you have an option to be sent alerts or emails when something is posted before in it. Confirm and you're away.

I had to search for all of the threads I had open tabs for, then watch them. It's great!

So far I like the new WS very much. The colors are refresing in a way! No problem posting or editing a post.
The first time I copy/pasted something from another link, it came out as one...word...per...line! OH NO! I had to do some editing to get it presentable. It may have just been a fluke with that link because when I copy/pasted something else into another post, the pasting worked just fine.

Yes, across the top, underneath where it says "Home" "Forums" "Resources" etc, it says " "Mark Forums Read" then you have the option whether to just mark the forum you are on as read, or all of them.
Yessss, I went on the hunt for that this morning because every thread I subscribe to was showing up with unread posts in my watched thread list. Now it’s all fresh and clean and only posts that are actually new show up.

Yessss, I went on the hunt for that this morning because every thread I subscribe to was showing up with unread posts in my watched thread list. Now it’s all fresh and clean and only posts that are actually new show up.

Mine too! I was re reading what I had already read. LOL.

Yes.

You find the thread you're interested in and at the top of the page on the the right, there's a 'watch thread' button. Click, and then you have an option to be sent alerts or emails when something is posted before in it. Confirm and you're away.

I had to search for all of the threads I had open tabs for, then watch them. It's great!

Thanks! That's easy to do.

I know what you mean. Until someone mentioned the subscribed thread, I was wearing myself out just trying to find each and all the threads I wanted to check. Some threads just got away and I never could find them again.

Congrats, the new forum rocks! :p:)
<Snip>
- If I start a thread with i.e. „CA“, the software changes it to „Ca“ after creating the thread.
Are there any workarounds?
BBM

The lower case state abbreviations are on random older threads too, such as this set of threads in the Humboldt County forum (Emerald Triangle) that have existed for years.
Humboldt County

I suspect there is a bit of housekeeping left to do, since the move left a few little loose ends.

Last edited:
Welp! I finally made it here. Got here during the second downtime early this morning actually. My goodness, the place looks lovely. Thank you to Tricia and all the staff for the hard work in getting this up and running. Now to go fiddle with things for a while!

A little more housekeeping is needed on the “state” prefixes on thread titles. Looking at a list of threads that contains brand new threads, the state does not show up in the brand new threads until it’s opened. Then it is a practically invisible orange on orange box.
Example:
FL - Sarah Nicholson , 34, Murdered Oct 29,2017

Below is a photo of that thread in a list (on the right) without the state showing. There are two with no states on that list. They were both threads that were started today.

I make use of the state prefix to decide what threads to check out (Oregon and California in particular). So I would like to see the state clearly in the title when it’s listed with other threads.

Orange on orange is definitely not working for me (and others). Is there a way to make the letters black, please.

Don’t get me wrong, the new website is beautiful. These are just usability suggestions to make it even more so.

Attachments

• 9285D8FA-C931-494F-A40F-CEA5DEE54B26.png
    9285D8FA-C931-494F-A40F-CEA5DEE54B26.png
    357 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
A little more housekeeping is needed on the “state” prefixes on thread titles. Looking at a list of threads that contains brand new threads, the state does not show up in the brand new threads until it’s opened. Then it is a practically invisible orange on orange box.
Example:
FL - Sarah Nicholson , 34, Murdered Oct 29,2017

I make use of the state prefix to decide what threads to check out (Oregon and California in particular). So I would like to see the state clearly in the title when it’s listed with other threads.

Orange on orange is definitely not working for me (and others). Is there a way to make the letters black, please.

Don’t get me wrong, the new website is beautiful. These are just usability suggestions to make it even more so.
Looks like whoever started the thread did it that way. Usually the state is in blue--see this link

Located Persons Discussion

We are aware of this problem. We will be turning off the forum sometime tonight to fix this issue. Not sure when we will be back on but hopefully sometime tomorrow.
Thank you for letting us know.
I hate to be, um, that person, but it's still not there (at least in the unidentified section) which has made the board utterly unusable because you can't search for a specific state/country.

Looks like whoever started the thread did it that way. Usually the state is in blue--see this link

Located Persons Discussion
Nope! None of those threads have prefixes. The prefixes are orange. Actually, that's the first prefix I've seen!

That's hard to read and I don't even have vision problems. I can't imagine what it must be like for someone who's vision is failing. A fiasco, probably.

I hate to be, um, that person, but it's still not there (at least in the unidentified section) which has made the board utterly unusable because you can't search for a specific state/country.

Nope! None of those threads have prefixes. The prefixes are orange. Actually, that's the first prefix I've seen!

That's hard to read and I don't even have vision problems. I can't imagine what it must be like for someone who's vision is failing. A fiasco, probably.

Not sure why it is orange for you--here is a screenshot of what I see

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 12.40.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 12.40.49 PM.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors