West Valley police chief opens up about Susan Powell investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I beg to differ. It got people to reiterate the facts and confirm the suspicious actions of Josh.

Well, for some maybe it did reaffirm their existing suspicions. What if they find out Josh was ordered by his father to go camping, and said "don't ask any questions".. Of course Josh being the slug he is; went along with it. Everyone has a gut feeling, and mine is that they have been zeroing in on Steven more than anyone (I predicted this a bit before they arrested SP). Josh may not be feigning ignorance, and only following SP's explicit instructions. Time shall tell.

I don't think they have to have ALL the evidence in to arrest Josh,just enough to to charge him .They can build their case as they finish going through the evidence.

Not really... because you have a right to a speedy trial, if they want to arrest him for Susan's murder, they need a pretty solid case before they arrest him. If they can arrest him for kiddie *advertiser censored* sooner, they'll be thrilled I am sure.

I have a friend who was murdered. It was really obvious who did it, and it was clearly premeditated, but the forensics took a year, and that's how long it took them to arrest the guy.

Look at the Casey Anthony case... few things would be worse than arresting Josh and having him get off because they can't convince a jury that he did it.

What?

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
"It might take 5 or 6 or 8 more months, but time's on our side now," the chief says of the #SusanPowell case. @fox13now #findsusan Utah

I missed that. What happened to 3 months? Gah!

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

Boy that's a long time for Josh to sweat...aww

Well, for some maybe it did reaffirm their existing suspicions. What if they find out Josh was ordered by his father to go camping, and said "don't ask any questions".. Of course Josh being the slug he is; went along with it. Everyone has a gut feeling, and mine is that they have been zeroing in on Steven more than anyone (I predicted this a bit before they arrested SP). Josh may not be feigning ignorance, and only following SP's explicit instructions. Time shall tell.

Susan would never have allowed Josh to take those boys camping in a snowstorm in subzero temps on a Sunday night at midnight. She would have had to be drugged or dead first. And Josh was the only one with the access to do that.

The new interview by the police makes me think JP and SP are both definitely in it.
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-w...h-nearing-resolution-20110929,0,4362818.story

Nielson says since the start of the investigation in December of 2009, Susan’s husband Josh Powell has essentially impeded the investigation.

"From that point on he has not helped us, talked to us, responded or anything," says the chief.

This does not sound a grieving, upset husband who is in the dark about what happened to his wife IMO. It sounds like someone who knows and doesn't want the police to know.

“He hasn't helped us at all,” Chief Nielson says. “When we've asked him about things, he either ducked it or refused to talk to us. So he said he's willing to help. So Josh, come on down, we're ready, we'll have a team up there tomorrow. So we're standing by and we're going to hold you to your word, you said you'd do it and we're ready."

Hear that, Josh?

And the bit that makes me think SP is in it up to his eyeballst as well:

In regards to Steve Powell, the chief feels strongly that once all that evidence is analyzed he could be facing even more charges and his department will finally learn what really happened to Susan Cox Powell.

As far as I can see JP has to be involved. I may not know if anyone else was involved, but JP has to be. He left the home at midnight with an approaching snow storm. On a Sunday night. With two young children. Now first of all I can't see any living mother allowing that to happen. But second, his reasoning for that was weak. He wanted to make smores? He wanted to test a generator? (with two small children along, in a snowstorm, he wanted to rely on it for the first time???) He wanted to camp in the snow? (most people wait till after the storm and see how the roads will be.)

I tend to think that if he had gone out just to be out of the way when daddy or daddy's hired thugs do whatever they're going to do he would have taken more care to fix himself an alibi, make sure he's seen somewhere with the boys, absolutely no dead body in tow. Midnight camping in the middle of nowhere with no witnesses to it makes no sense in that scenario, it just makes him the target of suspicions.

Interesting theory. Let's follow that one.

Ok daddy tells JP to scram that night and not to come back till the next day. JP takes the boys and goes, totally unaware that a crime was about to be committed. (Wonder what he thought daddy was going to do? Secretly fix the plumbing?) He does what he does that night, alone with the two young boys and no witnesses. He gets a call the next day that LE is at his house. He doesn't rush home. When he does arrive, he is told Susan is missing.

Would he not figure out that papa was involved? Would he not be angry at papa for disappearing his wife? And tell LE "hey my daddy told me to leave so I did? And I don't know what happened after that." Two years later when papa starts talking about a sexual relationship with Susan and quite literally making a fool of JP, wouldn't speak out then? I mean his father and his wife?

And when LE is putting pressure on him and asking if he killed his wife, wouldn't he be afraid of going to prison for what his father did, and blurt out what happened? And two years later when his father is arrested for another crime (and probably going to prison anyway), and his children are removed wouldn't he then tell LE about the instruction from his father?

Psychologically speaking it doesn't make sense for JP to have kept his mouth shut if that theory was the true one. Especially since due to the events that night he can no longer live in the house he can't afford. And he lost his kids. He lost his wife (presuming it wasn't his idea.) He lost, but he kept his mouth shut about what dad did? Nope it only makes sense if he was involved IMO.

And by the way according to LE SP has an alibi. Meaning that they know where he was and it was quite a ways away. And it was on a night of a snow storm which would delay travel.

Ok daddy tells JP to scram that night and not to come back till the next day. JP takes the boys and goes, totally unaware that a crime was about to be committed. (Wonder what he thought daddy was going to do? Secretly fix the plumbing?) He does what he does that night, alone with the two young boys and no witnesses. He gets a call the next day that LE is at his house. He doesn't rush home. When he does arrive, he is told Susan is missing.

Would he not figure out that papa was involved? Would he not be angry at papa for disappearing his wife? And tell LE "hey my daddy told me to leave so I did? And I don't know what happened after that." Two years later when papa starts talking about a sexual relationship with Susan and quite literally making a fool of JP, wouldn't speak out then? I mean his father and his wife?

And when LE is putting pressure on him and asking if he killed his wife, wouldn't he be afraid of going to prison for what his father did, and blurt out what happened? And two years later when his father is arrested for another crime (and probably going to prison anyway), and his children are removed wouldn't he then tell LE about the instruction from his father?

Psychologically speaking it doesn't make sense for JP to have kept his mouth shut if that theory was the true one. Especially since due to the events that night he can no longer live in the house he can't afford. And he lost his kids. He lost his wife (presuming it wasn't his idea.) He lost, but he kept his mouth shut about what dad did? Nope it only makes sense if he was involved IMO.

And by the way according to LE SP has an alibi. Meaning that they know where he was and it was quite a ways away.And it was on a night of a snow storm which would delay travel.

BBM. I have been looking for a link on this as currently LE will not reveal where SP was that night. Do you have a link? Thanks.

About the garden...do we know if JP was also consuming the fruit and veggies from it? I ask because I was thinking if Susan was using pesticides on her garden, or any spray on her garden, perhaps JP poisoned the spray itself.
But, I also have doubts that he would do this because obviously it would harm the children too....and I am not sure he wanted to do that.
It was just a random thought with all the discussion of the reaction to the fruits and veggies I thought I would throw it out there.

About the garden...do we know if JP was also consuming the fruit and veggies from it? I ask because I was thinking if Susan was using pesticides on her garden, or any spray on her garden, perhaps JP poisoned the spray itself.
But, I also have doubts that he would do this because obviously it would harm the children too....and I am not sure he wanted to do that.
It was just a random thought with all the discussion of the reaction to the fruits and veggies I thought I would throw it out there.

IDK but IMO, if anything the whole family ate was poisoned it would probably harm the children more easily than kill an adult sized person. It seems iffy to me.

Susan disappeared in December and they probably weren't consuming as much produce from their own garden at that time as in the summer.

:floorlaugh:

And by the way according to LE SP has an alibi. Meaning that they know where he was and it was quite a ways away. And it was on a night of a snow storm which would delay travel.

Secretly fix the plumbing :)

You make a very solid case. I must add, I found something of interest (which I didn't see prior):

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/why-i-chose-to-talk-about-steve-powell/

If you notice; she is saying that her previous comments of "you don't know what goes on in that house" pertain to Steven's behavior alone. If this is true, then that was the mystery information.

Another tidbit; scrolling down you can make your own assumptions from someone who supposedly knows Susan. If Josh did feel/say that, well- that could be motive- jealousy.

Steven probably rubbed lies into his face until he cracked. Mysogynistic Steven cuckholding Josh (Steve was placing all the blame on her regarding flirtations, etc.).

His dopey demeanor is somewhat deceiving. If you want a good depiction of Josh google "Hans Klopek". I'm wondering if the entire house is that of the Burbs.

:floorlaugh:

Secretly fix the plumbing :)

You make a very solid case. I must add, I found something of interest (which I didn't see prior):

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/why-i-chose-to-talk-about-steve-powell/

If you notice; she is saying that her previous comments of "you don't know what goes on in that house" pertain to Steven's behavior alone. If this is true, then that was the mystery information.

Another tidbit; scrolling down you can make your own assumptions from someone who supposedly knows Susan. If Josh did feel/say that, well- that could be motive- jealousy.

Steven probably rubbed lies into his face until he cracked. Mysogynistic Steven cuckholding Josh (Steve was placing all the blame on her regarding flirtations, etc.).

His dopey demeanor is somewhat deceiving. If you want a good depiction of Josh google "Hans Klopek". I'm wondering if the entire house is that of the Burbs.

"Klopek. What is that? Slavic?" :lol:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...is-expenses-if-josh-powell-will-talk-with-fbi

Josh has a very different story to tell. He claims he spent six hours with detectives giving statements and in interviews. He told FOX 13 during an interview last month that “there's nothing more I can do to push this investigation any faster or any farther than it's going."

Chief Nielsen said his department and the city are fully invested in Susan's case and that they expect the payoff is coming. WVCPD has already invested tens of thousands of man-hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars on this missing person case.

So, Josh has wasted six man-hours of his precious time in the investigation looking to find out what happened to his beloved wife and feels it's enough already. The WVCPD has invested tens of thousands of man-hours, and are they quitting?

I'm sure from JPs perspective, he has spend hundreds of man hours hiding, misleading, and covering up whatever he did :)

BBM. I have been looking for a link on this as currently LE will not reveal where SP was that night. Do you have a link? Thanks.

I've been looking and looking for that and can't find it. LE wasn't talking, but media gave info on his alibi. Don't know where the media got their info though. From what I remember he was away from home doing something for his job. Another city or another state maybe? I'll keep looking and will post if I find it.

The only I am not certain about is if LE said he had an alibi and just didn't give the specifics or if they said they weren't going to talk about it. But I know the alibi was out there.

I've been looking and looking for that and can't find it. LE wasn't talking, but media gave info on his alibi. Don't know where the media got their info though. From what I remember he was away from home doing something for his job. Another city or another state maybe? I'll keep looking and will post if I find it.

The only I am not certain about is if LE said he had an alibi and just didn't give the specifics or if they said they weren't going to talk about it. But I know the alibi was out there.

Kirsi Hellewell mentioned on the broadcast the other night that LE knows where he was but hasn't revealed information on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back