WFTV Exclusive: Plea deal next Monday on Check Fraud Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh::laugh: Whenever I see Dr Lee's name from now I shall call him 'the Man who went out to lunch'....
...and wound up in China for a year long 'speaking engagement'. Oops! Sorry- that was after the misplaced evidence in the Spector case- several years ago. My Bad!

waaaaaaaa :razz:

I wanted :snooty: to hear the compelling story :boohoo: that JB :chicken: promised! :pinocchio:

:biggrin:

Don't be surprised if AH shows up in court with her attorney if KC accepts a plea deal. AH has the right to speak about how this case affected her life.

IMO the defense has no alternative but to plead the check fraud case out, if offered. They certainly don't want a potential jury pool in the murder trial to witness the red faced, chest heaving, tight lipped, murderous looking KC that we all saw at the last hearing. Better to keep her out of the public eye as much as possible, and perhaps plead the murder case also if possible. Just one look at her demeanor when confronted with any wrongdoing brings home the fact that she is capable of anything. She is scary.

Tony says that Strickland talked to both the defense and State before canceling the trial next week, a good sign that a plea deal is in the works - but she could change her mind before then...

If she knows what's good for her, she won't change her mind. I really DID want to see that trial though, it could have revealed things that we don't know of yet.

And I was planning on calling into work sick for that! I'm saving vacation time for murder trial... please let it be on tru tv!

And I was planning on calling into work sick for that! I'm saving vacation time for murder trial... please let it be on tru tv!

I'm still taking off work. I'm afraid I'll miss something. :crazy:

I like this part:

"A hearing in Casey’s check fraud case is expected to be held Monday afternoon. That's where Casey will likely plead."

That's gonna be a CROWDED hearing next Monday, methinks. :)

Me thinks, KC will have her loyal attorney submit her response...."because the prosecution with their biased and prejudical opinion against me I (with tear drops doodled beside it) am forced to accept a plea deal for a crime I didn't commit. It was simply a misunderstanding or lack of communication on Amy's part. Just ask my mom....:highfive: oh wait wrong case :innocent:

Novice Seeker

For a good idea on how this will actually play out in court next Monday, read Hornsby's blog post from Dec 10:
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/casey-anthony-insufficient-funds-part-deux/

The parts about Plea to the Bench and Strateregy seem especially relevant.

Mr. Hornsby is a breath of fresh air in explaining this case. He makes it all so simple, one wonders why these basics he points out escape the defense. I trust they read his blog and wonder why they do not take advantage of his very sound and FREE advice! It is like God answering their prayer of just show me the way Lord, send me a sign...any clues are helpful.

Seriously, he is very, very bright, Mr. Hornsby. I am glad to read that he does not believe the judge will withhold adjudication in this fraud case. He wrote "And if you are paying attention, that means that even if Casey Anthony pleads guilty or is found guilty of the 13 separate felony crimes, Judge Strickland could still “stay and withhold the adjudication of guilt,” because in the eyes of the law, she would technically be a first time offender.

Do I think he will do that, no I do not ........ So for now, we will assume that if she is found guilty, she will be adjudicated guilty and thus convicted for impeachment purposes." Casey Defense May Bypass Prosecutors On Plea Deal

Posted: 5:42 pm EST January 20, 2010

video link with BSheaffer
http://www.wftv.com/video/22285132/index.html

article
http://www.wftv.com/news/22286349/detail.html

See the emotional side of me wants this to be part of a bigger deal...but it may just simply be the end to this.
RR0004 I agree that this is part of a bigger picture. Remember that the defense must give their witness list and proof that Caylee was placed after KC was in jail by beginning February. Rhornsby has given us good insight into WHY they can't do that. The SA has been professional AND determined in their defense of Caylee and they gave JB & Co plenty of rope to hang themselves with extending a loooong time period to give their witness list and proof that Caylee was placed after KC was in jail. Their time is up! It seems the defense is backed into a corner and pleading both cases out is the only option left. Of course, they aren't reasonable and may try to get more TV time but I can't see the SA agreeing to extending this sad case any longer. Also, I love this website and all the regular and part-time posters who really do a great job of sleuthing every new twist and turn and their compassion for the only one who counts, Caylee. I rarely post but this is BIG and I wanted to add my :twocents:. One last thing, does anyone remember LDB saying at the end of one of the motion hearings, I think about COV, that she could present her CIC in 1 1/2 hours? If I'm remembering correctly, that would mean she could persuade a jury that KC is guilty in less than two hours. I've tried to find it but haven't been successful. Like everyone else, I'll be tuned in tomorrow afternoon to see how this plays out. Gogranny and MOO

Popular thread this morning. Just want to say welcome to our guests on the thread. Join in the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.

I just finished "Angel of Death Row" your first paragraph is DEAD on to what she says in her book. The book is a compilation of several cases she has worked on. A lot of the cases she didn't start from the beginning but rather swooped in during the sentencing phase. She states in her book that she doesn't even ASK if they did it. If something comes out during interviews then fine but sometimes she would rather NOT be in the know.

It's an interesting read and I thank my public library for being on the ball and having it so fast!

ETA..IMO there is no way we will see a plea deal in the murder trial..not with JB and certainly not with AL. I will eat my hat if this happens.

Another words, she does not involve her self in the actual case.

The whole point of the law that required for there to be a "DP" qualified atty was to ensure that the defendant had a certain level of experience to handle the CASE. And to be in charge of the case.

This is JB's way of getting around the law.

IF witnesses should be interviewed and STILL they have not, then it is no longer JB's error. It is AL's error. Since she is now the HEAD atty on this Case. IF more investigations should be done, and still not done.. again.. AL's error.

AL only wants the end game, to deal with her 'passion.' She isn't trying to get a killer off and get them free. She isn't involving herself in that part of the trial. Just the part of wither another Human is killed by means of death penalty.

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

But in this case, she has involved herself in the 'trial' part of the case, by 'being' the DP qualified Atty on this case. Which was to make sure that the defendant has a qualified Atty to see that she got a fair trial. That is NOW AL's job to do. Not JB's. It is AL's. She can not claim that KC didn't have decent Atty, cause she WAS the Atty whom on record, handled the case. She can blame JB for the early mistakes, but not if she doesn't make an attempt to correct them.

If she doesn't do her job on record, then the State of Florida should do something about it.

I know I'm weird on this thought, but:

The murder happened before the check stuff. Murder would have been the first offense and the check stuff the second offense.

The point I have seen being raised, is that it can be used to discredit her if she takes the stand.

Is anyone really worried about anyone believing KC on the stand? Without any back up proof to what she is saying?

Yes, she is considered innocent until proven guilty. But I expect the jury will find it rather odd that she made no attempt to 'prove' herself innocent. And it is all ready on record that she lied to the LE and took them to her 'job.' Aghm... That is some rather bold lying.

I really don't think it will be an issue.

What I DO see as being an issue, is that the check cashing stunt shows her mind set after she murdered her daughter. LIke the partying stuff. The partying shows her 'new, free life." But the check cashing stuff is like she knew the party was over. OR that she was going wacked out bold. Thinking Amy would never hold her accountable for it in a serious manor.

My worry is that the check stuff not being allowed at all. Not to show her mind set, etc. IT doesn't have to be mentioned that it went to court, she found guilty, etc. But just mentioned as a statement of fact should be all that is needed when discussing the issue. All that other stuff really isn't important to the case. It IS a seprate issue.

A lot of the cases she didn't start from the beginning but rather swooped in during the sentencing phase. She states in her book that she doesn't even ASK if they did it. If something comes out during interviews then fine but sometimes she would rather NOT be in the know.

I haven't been a fan of AL, but reading this just created a real hatred for her. She doesn't care if people are guilty or innocent. She doesn't care one bit if someone gets a fair trial. She doesn't care about truth, justice or integrity. I could understand her taking on this case and others she did if she truly felt the evidence didn't support the dp. But it's not about that. It's all about HER. It's all about getting her 15 minutes of fame and and another notch on her belt. She should be disgusted with herself. I know I am.

I haven't been a fan of AL, but reading this just created a real hatred for her. She doesn't care if people are guilty or innocent. She doesn't care one bit if someone gets a fair trial. She doesn't care about truth, justice or integrity. I could understand her taking on this case and others she did if she truly felt the evidence didn't support the dp. But it's not about that. It's all about HER. It's all about getting her 15 minutes of fame and and another notch on her belt. She should be disgusted with herself. I know I am.

ITA ... Lyon has proven that with her history, that's for sure ... IMO SHE was the one that sought this case and not the defense who contacted her ... was it because she saw the injustice in the case? Or was it she saw an opportunity to get on her soap box in a very high profile case and further her cause? Or was it simply for more exposure, publicity and to promote her book? I say it's the latter ...

I don't see it that way. She isn't advocating that they be set free and not be punished. She is only trying to prevent the Death Penalty. To her, that is considered a 'win.' The client goes on to spend life in jail, and does not receive the DP.

By the time she 'gets' the client and has to stand before the Jury, the client is all ready found guilty of murder. The only question at that point is if the now "found" guilty client will be put to death, or life in prison.

ITA ... Lyon has proven that with her history, that's for sure ... IMO SHE was the one that sought this case and not the defense who contacted her ... was it because she saw the injustice in the case? Or was it she saw an opportunity to get on her soap box in a very high profile case and further her cause? Or was it simply for more exposure, publicity and to promote her book? I say it's the latter ...

It's called "Business."

I don't have an issue with that.

If she contacted the defense team to offer her services, shows that she believes she will be needed. (KC found guilty) If she is a DP advocate, then she would be looking for such cases in any state that has the DP. Her point would not to be helping KC, but ending the DP in this state. KC gets help in the process is a moot point.

My issue is that JB isn't a qualified DP Atty. The law was written to ensure that the defendant HAD such an Atty to represent them during the criminal trial. AL came on board as such Atty and it was reported to the State of Florida that the defense team now had such representation.

Yet, she is not part of 'defending' the client against the charges. She will only be dealing with the mitigation if the client is found guilty. Which means, the Defendant STILL doesn't have a DP qualified Atty working for her defense against the criminal charges.

The judge is a no nonsense judge. I am hoping he accepts nothing short of her having a conviction for the fraud charges. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2v6RfG9WI[/ame]

He was tough here regarding bond. I think he will hold her to task again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member