WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see that contract - again, just because DCasey says it's so doesn't mean it's so. Like I said, I read the depositions, but I don't believe that DCasey still had any contractual relationship with Casey/JBaez as of January. I believe DCasey's contract ended prior to November.
If a PI has a direct contractual relationship with a defendant, is there any privilege?

Really, every time I speculate a scenario, I end up talking myself out of it. I know what people say in their depositions, which doesn't clear everything up, but I still don't really know who worked for whom and exactly when. And who knows how much cross-contamination/non-safekeeping of information has occurred. How often did they all have meet-ups, with even media present, like the one at the Ritz? Do they all have common business and financial dealings or interests now, so that they and their lawyers and Pi's share information? I doubt J. Strickland would report something trivial, though.

BC wasn't present at the Ritz, but he WAS present at the little meeting soon after at the Anthony home when all the "experts" converged for their little walk to the remains site to complain to media about not getting into the site until after LE was done. I wonder if something was said during this meeting, that it would include BC. :confused:

Regarding MN- I do NOT believe that he knew where Caylee's body was. THat would most definately have been a conflict to his new client, Tim Miller. No. MN knows things, bad things, about the family maybe but not THAT dirty little secret. MOO

I don't believe MN knew where Caylee was. I DO think he suspected the Anthonys did.

LOL I was thinking they same thing about Geragos but if he isn't available how about Drew P's attorney Brodsky. who up until Baez came along I thought could possibly be the most dimwitted attorney in this Country Maybe Jayne Weintraub, she is already in Fl

Oh please no, not Weintraub...I can barely stand seeing her as a TH, let alone daily, all day, as KC's attorney! She is like a rabid dog with no one to bite! :eek::)

If a PI has a direct contractual relationship with a defendant, is there any privilege?

No. But if the PI working for his/her attorney then yes. Meaning that DC's interactions/communications with Casey were privileged while he was also working for JB. Once DC stopped working for JB then any communication he has with Casey is no longer privileged.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

No. But if the PI working for his/her attorney then yes. Meaning that DC's interactions/communications with Casey were privileged while he was also working for JB. Once DC stopped working for JB then any communication he has with Casey is no longer privileged.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Thanks, it does make sense. That is what I thought, but, I wanted to be sure.

LOL I was thinking they same thing about Geragos but if he isn't available how about Drew P's attorney Brodsky. who up until Baez came along I thought could possibly be the most dimwitted attorney in this Country Maybe Jayne Weintraub, she is already in Fl

Please...No Jayne Weintraub! I couldn't bare to watch the trial then! :bang:

Excuse my sideways train of thought, but I am a tad bewildered so I'll see if anyone can help me out.

For the purpose I am assuming that the complaint is regarding knowledge of the remains location.

Okay so Baez knows and tells DC, DC is off to search the location, Baez is aware of his actions (possibly even requested them) since he advises against calling LE.

So - WHY bother searching the location? If there is no intention to report, what is the point of the visit at all?
Oh, and since it was a full month later until the discovery of the remains occurred, could the reason for the 'don't report' instruction be to allow further degradation of evidence?

KC was already indicted on 1st degree murder charges before the remaiins were found and prior to the DC search of the area ------- sooooo, would knowledge of the remains location become part of the 'discovery' process, or maybe concealing evidence, or even obstruction of justice?

If Baez is requesting LE follow up leads of a live Caylee, whilst knowing she is already dead be perpetuating a known lie?

I much prefer the simpler - KC declaring her innocence on the affidavit and Baez submitting it whilst knowing it to be false.

I'm sure Strickland had to think long and hard on this one. It must be serious.

I lived in the Orlando area for many,many years (over 20) and I knew Judge Strickland, not as someone with whom my family was social, but because
our families both had common community ties. And I have no hesitation to say that Judge Stan Strickland is one of the most upstanding, ethical human beings I have ever met. Above board all the way - and an upstanding family man. Whatever the content of his complaint, if the reports are accurate, I am certain that he did what he knows to be the right thing.

B Conway was not retained by the A's on the night of the remains find. Brad Conway became the A's lawyer on the evening of Dec. 9th, 2008, 2 days before Caylee's remains were discovered on December 11th. Per Brad Conway in his press statement given on December 15th:

I know that MN is thanking the gods of common sense that he left those clients behind. He realized that they were not worth his law license.

I am hoping that this situation pushes the As to come clean during their meetings tomorrow. I know it is a long shot but hopefully they are seeing the chips slowly falling down and are smart enough to save their own butts instead of worrying about KCs. If anyone, I still have some hope that GA will smarten up. Sorry if it is off topic....

My question is - if he was told NOT to call the police if he found Caylee, then WHAT were his instructions?

It still amazes me the amount of people participating in this circus that really don't care about justice for this child. I strongly feel this family and KC's lawyer were actually trying to obstruct justice and throw off the investigation by getting rid of the body after the fact - and every time I come back to this thought - I tried to talk myself out of if, thinking NO WAY they wouldn't do such a thing! Please can someone talk me down!!!

Well, here's my :twocents:

I think that it was Cindy who requested DC to bring Caylee home.

I don't think the true motivation was to plant evidence or remove evidence(other than wanting the body, obviously).It was an emotional request, one that only the "real" Mother of Caylee would make. As the Mother of KC as well, Cindy had two compelling reasons to send DC:

1) To move the body to prevent it from being found and implicating KC

2) Bring Caylee's body home to Cindy so that she could give her a private burial where Cindy could look over her.

I do think that Cindy was pained by the knowledge that Caylee was rotting somewhere, alone and away from Cindy. Cindy wanted HER Caylee back in HER custody and not where anyone else could take her away from Cindy. Even now, Cindy chose to cremate the body so that Caylee can always be with Cindy. I don't believe it had anything to do with "grave robbers". I think Cindy simply did not want a public place where anyone could visit Caylee. Cindy does not want to share Caylee, even in death.

I think JB and DC knew the location prior to Cindy's request, but I do not see any reason for JB or DC to want to go anywhere near that site.

Cindy may have pulled at DC's heartstrings, or maybe there really was "something" between the two. Either way, I propose he finally obliged to do this for Cindy, not for JB or KC. That is where the conflict may be founded. DC knew the information from a privileged conversation, but the decision to act on it was at the personal request of Cindy(not privileged).

How this relates to Strickland's complaint, I'm not sure....:confused:

I've never said anything about a waiver of the attorney client privilege, it's all about the attorney work product privilege, which protects communications between attorney and the PI, which is what I'm pondering is related to the subject of the judge's complaint.

If Casey tells attorney (communication protected by attorney-client privilege) and attorney tells PI = the privilege that protects the communication between attorney and PI is the attorney work product privilege.

If Casey tells parents and parents ALSO tell PI, at a later date, then work product privilege between attorney and PI that was previously intact, as discussed above, does not apply to the information and PI may be forced to testify as to same.

But, if Casey DIDN'T tell her parents or brother and IF DCasey told the family and brought Hoover out to the body location, hasn't DCasey jeopardized Casey's case?.

If DCasey was the information source as a result of his loose lipes, Hoover tried to sell a video of DCasey poking and digging close to Caylee's body location.

What can an attorney do if his "agent" passes "privileged" information on to people who end up making his client look guiltier?

Nothing I know of points to any connection between RoyK and DCasey. So as of now the body evidence isn't in jeopardy.

Shouldn't Baez have made sure a P.I. that had privileged information about the body location was still his employee when the P.I. went out looking for the body? Whether Baez sent DCasey on that mission or Cindy did, Baez knew it was going to happen.

I know that MN is thanking the gods of common sense that he left those clients behind. He realized that they were not worth his law license.

IIRC... wasn't his reasoning something like, "I can't work with a client that won't listen to me." Makes me wonder what he was telling them to do that they refused. I wondered then too, but I really wonder now.

if Judge filed a complaint then it most likely is the worst case scenario from above posts

I don't believe MN knew where Caylee was. I DO think he suspected the Anthonys did.

I have rewatched some of the interviews with MN, and since he was the attorney of record when this little "search" took place and he did have such serious issues shortly after that that he parted ways with them for not following his advice and for not consulting him, I would hazard a guess that he may have found out about this little hunt in the woods and that was it for him...It is possible he did not know, and of course, due to client attorney privi. we will never know...:bang:

if Judge filed a complaint then it most likely is the worst case scenario from above posts

I agree. He is so laid back and patient to a fault, and he has put up with a LOT from Jose and his 3 ring circus, and for HIM to have made the complaint himself? That does not bode well for ole Jose me thinks...:crazy:

Well, here's my :twocents:

I think that it was Cindy who requested DC to bring Caylee home.

I don't think the true motivation was to plant evidence or remove evidence(other than wanting the body, obviously).It was an emotional request, one that only the "real" Mother of Caylee would make. As the Mother of KC as well, Cindy had two compelling reasons to send DC:

1) To move the body to prevent it from being found and implicating KC

2) Bring Caylee's body home to Cindy so that she could give her a private burial where Cindy could look over her.

I do think that Cindy was pained by the knowledge that Caylee was rotting somewhere, alone and away from Cindy. Cindy wanted HER Caylee back in HER custody and not where anyone else could take her away from Cindy. Even now, Cindy chose to cremate the body so that Caylee can always be with Cindy. I don't believe it had anything to do with "grave robbers". I think Cindy simply did not want a public place where anyone could visit Caylee. Cindy does not want to share Caylee, even in death.

I think JB and DC knew the location prior to Cindy's request, but I do not see any reason for JB or DC to want to go anywhere near that site.

Cindy may have pulled at DC's heartstrings, or maybe there really was "something" between the two. Either way, I propose he finally obliged to do this for Cindy, not for JB or KC. That is where the conflict may be founded. DC knew the information from a privileged conversation, but the decision to act on it was at the personal request of Cindy(not privileged).

How this relates to Strickland's complaint, I'm not sure....:confused:

I agree that Cindy or George sent DCasey to find Caylee for all of your reasons.

IF Cindy got her information from DCasey who GOT the body location as a result of privileged communication between Casey and Baez, Strickland would be looking into it.

IMO

I agree that Cindy or George sent DCasey to find Caylee for all of your reasons.

IF Cindy got her information from DCasey who GOT the body location as a result of privileged communication between Casey and Baez, Strickland would be looking into it.

IMO

Or, it could be that DCasey got his information from CINDY, who got it as a result of privileged communications between KC and JB. Notice Cindy and JB are awful chummy lately. And, CINDY said that she "had someone look at that area" already. I am thinking that the breach of privilege, if there is one, is actually JB giving the A's information. Even though they are her parents, they have no rights to KC's privileged communications with her attorney.

When the tape stopped rolling in DC's interview, he may have said "CINDY" told him not to call 911 (after her bad experience with that :p) and the reason he was worried that it might be privileged info is because she got it from Jose. I think if DC got it from Jose directly, he wouldn't "wonder" if it was privileged, rather he would know for a fact that it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie