WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the JUDGE !!!
Good for the JUDGE to do what is RIGHT!
IMO

I keep wondering if the charges have to do with obstuction of the investigation.. as in that the whole DC visit to the site was to set up a see the body wasnt there defence..
Knowing the body was near they sent him to a site that similar and close and not find the body.. so when and if the remains were found they could come back and say.. We searched that area and nothing was there.. .. They just didnt plan on it being videoed where it could be said see its not the right location..

They could have set up Hoover as the witness to the remains not being there.. and just didnt plan on him videoing the search..that way DC would have a witness to the remains not being at the site..

If they planned to set it up that way couldnt it have been seen as obstructing the investigation..??????

I really think you may be on to something with this theory - it makes sense to me.

JB is the perfect attorney for her though, I really do hope he stays on. Those two idiots deserve each other.

Does anyone know when or if we will ever find out what this complaint was regarding?

Does anyone know when or if we will ever find out what this complaint was regarding?

still just speculation - the complaints involve the private eye's claim he was told not to call 911 if he found Caylee's body.

I wonder what the plans were if the body had been found by the Anthony and defense camp...I shudder to think...

So we know that JB had trouble being admitted to the bar due to a disregard for the law. And we know of at least 3 previous complaints that were filed against him since the beginning of this case. Plus this complaint by Judge Strickland himself.

In reading back through this thread I am reminded again that if a Judge files a complaint against an attorney it is:

1. serious stuff
2. likely an ethical issue

I keep saying it, but I don't think the timing of the Sentinel article about JB is coincidental. News on this complaint might be just around the corner.

(p.s. great thread to read through!)

So we know that JB had trouble being admitted to the bar due to a disregard for the law. And we know of at least 3 previous complaints that were filed against him since the beginning of this case. Plus this complaint by Judge Strickland himself.

In reading back through this thread I am reminded again that if a Judge files a complaint against an attorney it is:

1. serious stuff
2. likely an ethical issue

I keep saying it, but I don't think the timing of the Sentinel article about JB is coincidental. News on this complaint might be just around the corner.

(p.s. great thread to read through!)

Oh, I soooo hope you are right! *rubbing hands together*

Oh, I soooo hope you are right! *rubbing hands together*

During the 3/25/2009 JB was really trying to pizz off the SA, particularly Ashton. And Judge Strickland got annoyed. I pulled this from that thread:

JB wants to advise the court that everything said in camera stays in camera.

Ashton is angry again, "We don't need to be reminded about ethical obligations."

Strickland, "This is getting old."

I found it great at the time as we already questioned JB's ethics; now it's all coming to light that the FL Bar questions them, too.

During the 3/25/2009 JB was really trying to pizz off the SA, particularly Ashton. And Judge Strickland got annoyed. I pulled this from that thread:

I found it great at the time as we already questioned JB's ethics; now it's all coming to light that the FL Bar questions them, too.

Yep! I remember! Ashton was maaaad! He had to really try hard to contain himself. I guess now we know why that particular jab made him so mad!

I believe that something I've written on another thread, here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3701458#post3701458, is also relevant to this thread.

Seems to me that with JBaez's recent Change Of Venue ("COV") motion fails to explain away the fact that he, with his client standing next to him on occasion, continued to be interviewed by the very news/radio stations that he's listed in this COV motion.

The only way this COV motion would have any chance of being granted is if JBaez admits that (1) he shouldn't have opposed the gag order and that (2) he shouldn't have been going on television and radio shows, and (3) JBaez asks that he be allowed to withdraw from the case.

My point is that if an attorney screws things up media-wise, as has JBaez, such that said attorney then has to file a COV motion to protect the defendant's right to a fair trial by impartial jurors, said attorney shouldn't be allowed to continue on the case.

Maybe Judge Strickland will file an amendment to his original complaint against JBaez...or maybe another complaint... and thank gosh that Judge Strickland requires that Casey be present for ALL motion hearings ... not that she understands that her attorney has screwed up...(which is why I think that the judge may have to do this on his own...) :doh:

I believe that something I've written on another thread, here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3701458#post3701458, is also relevant to this thread.

Seems to me that with JBaez's recent Change Of Venue ("COV") motion fails to explain away the fact that he, with his client standing next to him on occasion, continued to be interviewed by the very news/radio stations that he's listed in this COV motion.

The only way this COV motion would have any chance of being granted is if JBaez admits that (1) he shouldn't have opposed the gag order and that (2) he shouldn't have been going on television and radio shows, and (3) JBaez asks that he be allowed to withdraw from the case.

My point is that if an attorney screws things up media-wise, as has JBaez, such that said attorney then has to file a COV motion to protect the defendant's right to a fair trial by impartial jurors, said attorney shouldn't be allowed to continue on the case.

Maybe Judge Strickland will file an amendment to his original complaint against JBaez...or maybe another complaint... and thank gosh that Judge Strickland requires that Casey be present for ALL motion hearings ... not that she understands that her attorney has screwed up...(which is why I think that the judge may have to do this on his own...) :doh:

IIRC at that same presser jb made some news station leave because they hadn't been nice to him in reporting....can't remember which one....also remember ca yelling at some news van that that station wouldn't get a prime interview with her....

IIRC at that same presser jb made some news station leave because they hadn't been nice to him in reporting....can't remember which one....also remember ca yelling at some news van that that station wouldn't get a prime interview with her....
Let's hope that the SA has kept meticulous logs of these pressers JBaez is so fond of giving (or checks here for the official transcripts/copies of videos) and attaches a nice sampling of same to their forthcoming opposition memorandum.

I doubt that JB admits he is at fault for any of it. And it again leaves it all in Strickland's lap to clean up. Either Strickland does it for the clean justice of the case, or ignores it and leaves it open for appeal. Which seems to be the way JB is playing this. And it's got to be getting old with the Judge. Does the Judge have to take this? Does he have to keep babying JB?

Where did I get the idea that JB was gonna be disbarred? Have I been jumpin the gun here? Really thought he was on his way out.

IIRC it was WFTV. BIG mistake, JB- big mistake, IMHO.

I keep wondering if the charges have to do with obstuction of the investigation.. as in that the whole DC visit to the site was to set up a see the body wasnt there defence..
Knowing the body was near they sent him to a site that similar and close and not find the body.. so when and if the remains were found they could come back and say.. We searched that area and nothing was there.. .. They just didnt plan on it being videoed where it could be said see its not the right location..

They could have set up Hoover as the witness to the remains not being there.. and just didnt plan on him videoing the search..that way DC would have a witness to the remains not being at the site..

If they planned to set it up that way couldnt it have been seen as obstructing the investigation..??????

I have always thought this too. This guy pretends to be Ward Cleaver Sr. when he talks to the detectives, but we know he was already selling his story and meeting (on hotel video tape for an hour) with the gal from ABC, he got caught in that lie during his questioning. We know he hadn't been paid for his work and was always placating Cindy,he possibly developed a thing for her or had some financial reasons. He had more than one cell phone that day.We know Lee and KC were talking on those temporary cell phone lines, maybe he was too with one of those drug store credit cards that are hard to trace. He, unlike the very wealthy LKB, Henry Lee, et al, could certainly not afford to work for free for this length of time so there must be some reason he did. Who needs more than one cell phone? I just know if he lied to the police about one thing, I don't believe anything from him. When Cindy claimed in her depo that the first time she ever heard about this search in the woods of his was in Brad's office, and it was Hoover who told her, I knew she was covering for Dominick. The simple fact that he did not mention to authorities he was going out there, any of the three times, and certainly not after they found the body there tells me he is incredible. He refused to do a polygraph, right? Cindy was adamant that the police had confirmed that he was speaking to only who he said he was speaking to, but what the police did in actuality is catch him in several lies within one conversation, under oath. For example he lied that he didn't know Hoover was taping him when on the audio he can be heard talking to Hoover who is inches from him! He was so nervous and telling them ridiculous things like the reason for his search was to confirm it was a teenage hangout. Like most others in this case ,this guy is up to something and as Grandpa used to say. "He's no good!" The complaint to the bar entails much more than DC claiming he was instructed to call Baez rather than 911. As much as I am no fan of Baez, I wouldn't put it past this guy to have exaggerated something about Baez to take the focus off of him because he was really squirming in his seat as the detectives kept catching him in lie after lie, (like a child protesting: teacher Bobby was talking too). The reason I mention this, is he did not go to make a report to police or complaint to the bar at the time that Baez did this unethical thing, he did it only when his back was up against the wall in a police interview. Why? There is no shortage of dishonorable folks in this case, at this point nothing would shock me. I still predict that Baez will be off this case by the time it goes to trial next year. Do any of you have any thoughts about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV