• No, I still believe Lee is/was on Casey's side

Votes: 378 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always tried to give Cindy, George and Lee every benefit of doubt because I don't believe they would ever have harmed Caylee.

My position is the same today about George and Lee.

I'm rethinking my position about Cindy.

Agree, Nancy Botwin!

I've always hoped he was working both sides of the fence, so to speak!

It made me feel so much better to see he told Annie to tell the truth and not protect KC.

I'm not really changing my opinion of him. It wasn't very good before and it's still not good. So he stated the obvious to KC's friends, that she's a liar. Big whoop.

I've always thought/hoped!! that Lee was a sort of double agent, pretending to collude with Casey but actually trying to find out the truth. I think that's why Casey started to reject his attempts to interrogate her and why he ultimately dropped off the radar. It could obviously be wishful thinking on my part, but I do think in the end some of the most suspected/reviled players* will be revealed as the good guys.

ETA: * does NOT include Casey Anthony.

That has been my hope, too. I've wanted to trust his tone since that first phone call from jail. He was harsh with KC then, and told her he wouldn't put up with her bs.

There have been moments when I've wavered, but overall, I don't believe he helped KC in any significant manner.

My opinion of CA hasn't changed. And very likely won't.

Also, we always seem to think Lee seems *angry*.... well, I sort of understand that now that we know he was really searching for the truth and probably SICKENED at the thought of being known as Caylee's biological father!!! That's enough to put anyone over the edge.

We had documents released some time ago that proved to me at least he was cooperating with LE. He visited Casey and then reported what took place in that visit, Melich confirmed it. He made an effort to get all the receipts he found with Casey's stuff, or at least handwritten notes, to LE after they were turned over to Baez. The only explanations I can come up with for his attorney constantly speculating about charges being brought against him is either his attorney is an idiot or this is a ploy to make Casey think he is still on her side.
I can understand the parents feelings, even though I find their behavior appalling. Lee, however, is not the parent, he is her brother. I am sure there are many, many incidents from the past where Casey has caused him grief. He probably loves her, but it's just not the same as a parent, and IMO there is not much in the way of payoff for him to enable her like the parents do. I do think he is really concerned about Cindy, and what he says to the media is in support of her, but I don't think he feels it.
JMO, and sorry to be so long-winded.
Lanie

The info we got today is from VERY early on. We don't know what happened since. I don't think LE is terribly impressed with him either.

I dont know about that guy. that CMA stuff was too weird.

but I never thought he was the baby daddy. and I thought he was quite sincere in trying to sleuth. I still think he is/was sincere. just frickin' weird.

I dont know about that guy. that CMA stuff was too weird.

but I never thought he was the baby daddy. and I thought he was quite sincere in trying to sleuth. I still think he is/was sincere. just frickin' weird.

I never believed he was the baby daddy either. Not for a moment.

I'm still suspicious. Reasons: High Five, curiously blank computer of the perp's after Cindy found her, request for immunity. It's the incongruity in his behavior that still has me puzzled.

I always thought Lee was cooperating and searching for the truth, no matter what it was. I never believed he was Caylee's dad.

No, I have not changed my opinion. While I listened to the theories and considered possible paternity, I was never sold on it.

I have always thought he tried to play "double agent" and perhaps was torn about what to do but still helped his sister.

I do NOT forget this statement from a "source":

According to WESH 2, a source close to the investigation said, "We kind of treat him separately. He knows what he has done."
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...stioned-again-regarding-Caylees-disappearance

I speculate his involvement has to do with phony emails, erasing info on the computer and his contact with Casey's friends on behalf of LE. What he said to Annie may have come about after he realized LE knew he had done something wrong.

ETA - Telling Annie not to "protect Caylee" is kind of hypocritical considering he advised his family not to take polys. And also consider this: What Annie had to say that might incriminate Casey might ALSO have been something that incriminated her (Annie), such as drugs. Maybe Lee really wanted Annie to incriminate herself with the truth.

Indy

I personally feel that Lee has caught a lot of unfair carp. I've been with holding judgment all this time because IMO he very much tried to asst LE early on. Not to hurt KC but to find Caylee. I think he knew KC was involved. To what extent he didn't know.

I think he knew KC did "something", I don't think he has ever thought she hurt Caylee or was responsible for Caylee's demise. He is really stuck in a horrible place between knowing the evidence looks so bad and not wanting to think his sister is a baby killer.

Reading these docs today made me think, if I was in KC's shoes, my family would have given me up, oh so long ago. It must be nice to know some people love you so much that they will never turn their back on you, no matter what.

On the other side of this coin, I can see where this would have created very mixed messages about responsibility and telling the truth, for a young person growing up. It would actually be very stressful to think your family doesn't believe you'd ever make a mistakes.

Oh, I never believed Lee was Caylee's daddy.

Nope. I think LA along with CA/GA are in a self-preserve defensive posture to do a CYA. KC is posed to set them up, tossing them under the bus JB is driving.

I think Lee is no different than the rest of the Anthony family. I think Lee's primary goal is supporting his sister and proving her "innocence". And at some point Caylee has gotten lost in this battle to prove her innocence. Lee's behavior at the memorial was just entirely too weird to be anything other than complete support of Casey.

With the information that came out today, the conversation between Annie and Lee, where Lee tells Annie to share everything she knows with LE and not protect Casey, has this changed your opinion of Lee?

Opinion of Lee stands as it always has. He is has tried to be strong, but he is in great pain. He loves his sister, but he is willing to accept that she did this. He wants the truth, no matter how much it will hurt.

Absolutely not...no matter what any member of this despicable family may say, they are forever tarnished...RIP Caylee

Yes, I am sorry for thinking Lee would have helped his sister cover up a crime. I also am sorry for ever thinking he was the father of Caylee.

I was pi$$ed at him when he smashed the protester's sign and dumped her dog's water bowl out and tore down the makeshift memorial, but I have always thought he was trying to lull Casey into thinking he was her alli, all the while doing some sleuthing of his own.
He truley has been tortured by this whole ordeal.

No, I have not changed my opinion. While I listened to the theories and considered possible paternity, I was never sold on it.

I have always thought he tried to play "double agent" and perhaps was torn about what to do but still helped his sister.

I do NOT forget this statement from a "source":

According to WESH 2, a source close to the investigation said, "We kind of treat him separately. He knows what he has done."
<snipped link>

I speculate his involvement has to do with phony emails, erasing info on the computer and his contact with Casey's friends on behalf of LE. What he said to Annie may have come about after he realized LE knew he had done something wrong.

ETA - Telling Annie not to "protect Caylee" is kind of hypocritical considering he advised his family not to take polys. And also consider this: What Annie had to say that might incriminate Casey might ALSO have been something that incriminated her (Annie), such as drugs. Maybe Lee really wanted Annie to incriminate herself with the truth.

My bias is showing: I think all the As are devious. So your thought occurred to me as well. Perhaps he was hoping that Annie, in not holding back. would spill stuff that would incriminate herself or others. I am not convinced of it, but it makes as much sense as anything else that has to do with Lee.

I'm still suspicious. Reasons: High Five, curiously blank computer of the perp's after Cindy found her, request for immunity. It's the incongruity in his behavior that still has me puzzled.

I think that was all an act to con the con artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia